Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Help, I am confused!

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have played both Witcher 1 and 2, but I must have terrible memory since I'm a bit confused about some things in The Witcher 3

1. Ciri, where did she come from? I can't remember seeing or hearing about her in the previous games

2. Ummm, wasn't Yennefer supposedly taken by the wild hunt? Why is she just suddenly back? Or was that someone else?

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ciri is in the books and for whatever reason not mentioned much in the games. There are summaries else where that delve deep into books if you want but being at work and typing on a phone it's a bit too long to describe. Basically she was payment but Geralt refused as she was a girl and not a boy who could be turned into a Witcher if I remember correctly. They are tied together by destiny as well. As for your second question I actually don't remember.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yennefer was taken by the wild hunt. Geralt teamed up with Letho and the other witchers from the Viper school and slaughtered a bunch of the Wild Hunt and they ended up in a stalemate. Geralt traded his soul to the Wild Hunt in return for having Yennefer brought back. It was in the last comic cutscene right before the final fight with Letho.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that just proves my memory is really bad, cause I dd not remember that cutscene at all.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geralt lost his memory the first two games so this is the first time she has been introduced in the games. Unless it was hidden behind some book or text i'm not sure.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By rethla

@oursin_360: there are hundreds of hints about ciri and Yennefer in the first games but its really well done. Since Geralt doesnt remember they all just fly over his head and if the player hasnt already played the games or read the books it flys over his head aswell.

It can be a peasent telling a legend about a lady called cennifer "or something like that he cant really remember". Or characters Geralt met in the books that says some stuff Geralt cant remember and relate to.

Often Geralt answears something along the line "whata dumb story" ;)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think I remember in the first Witcher where Geralt and Triss had a conversation about raising a child and Ciri might've been mentioned. That or they were just talking about Alvin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.