Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Leaked Witcher 3 Gameplay Footage (Gamescom Cam)

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Skip the first 2 minutes, as it's the recent CG trailer. The video is of poor quality recorded by a sneaking camera and this doesn't seem to be the entire demo. From what it looks like though, Cat potions seem to have been replaced by "Witcher senses".

video

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope they don't replace potions, i mean that is really key to the cannon. They probably just streamlined it for the demo.

Goddamn @ those wind effects, this game looks fucking amazing even on a low rez phone cam

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bigjeffrey

No Cat Potion, no Sale.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@oursin_360: They did say he can consume alchemical whatchamacallits, and potions were always a pretty big part of these games, so I'm sure they're still in. 'Witcher sense' just seems like an additional thing that might replace a particular potion or two.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they've improved a bit upon the rather stilted facial animation that still plagued the previous game. And aside from the one, I doubt they've made potions obsolete or anything; the witcher-sense thing looks like maybe they've taken the medallion ability and expanded its usefulness a smidgeon beyond highlighting points of interest and activating buffs.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Cat Potion, no Sale.

Cat Potions where the WORST. they barely added anything and they ruined any grand art style/design they were going with anything by adding on a dumb predator vision effect where you see the veins in everyhing. it was pointless. I beat the witcher and there was NEVER a single moment i ever felt the need or desire to make a cat potion, the single time i used one, i loaded because it was such a distracting awful and useless effect.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoOzak

@clonedzero: It wasnt so bad in the original Witcher, but yeah they went a little overboard with it in the sequel. It seems instinct is basicly just your standard (admittedly cooler looking) hightlight important item/thing feature.

Visually everything looks great, the animations and hud are a bit off but that's something i'd imagine gets polished later.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey
    Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@bigjeffrey said:

No Cat Potion, no Sale.

Cat Potions where the WORST. they barely added anything and they ruined any grand art style/design they were going with anything by adding on a dumb predator vision effect where you see the veins in everyhing. it was pointless. I beat the witcher and there was NEVER a single moment i ever felt the need or desire to make a cat potion, the single time i used one, i loaded because it was such a distracting awful and useless effect.

Yeah, some of the potion stuff is a little crazy. I used the fortification ones though.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This video looks like it could be from the Sony gamescom press conference.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really looking forward to this game, and I've never played for first 2 in the series. This new generation may bring some really amazing RPGs if the Witcher and Dragon Age turn out to be as good as they look now.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jcgamer said:

I am really looking forward to this game, and I've never played for first 2 in the series. This new generation may bring some really amazing RPGs if the Witcher and Dragon Age turn out to be as good as they look now.

Agreed. I'm really interested to see how they combine their more story based approach with the large open world of a game like Skyrim. (well Dragon Age is broken off into large areas but they are still sandboxes).

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

o my gawwd!! So excited! I'll go watch the vid now, had to satisfy myself with the audio only version till now :P

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JouselDelka

The signs of "going big" and "streamlining" seem evident in the way this game looks.

Developer's gotta move forward I guess, it's just gonna be uncomfortable dealing with the changes. Game still gonna be the best though.

@aegon: Thank you extremely fucking much for the video by the way :) I've been dying for something like this.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By wmoyer83

@clonedzero:

Well, it helped me find Cedric by turning his blood trail into orange gatorade splatter.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is the video down? damn.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

The video is gone. Too bad. I'm sure the game looks great though.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

is the video down? damn.

Yup. That was the only raw gameplay footage. Didn't download the video to my drive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.