Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

My PC only meets minimum reqs, should I get this on PS4?

Alamun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hi folks. I have a PC with the following specs:

GeForce GTX 660
    Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz
    8 GB RAM

It looks like I meet the minimum requirements for the PC version, but not the recommended ones. Given that, do you think I would have a better time with the PS4 version of the game? Thanks in advance for your advice.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By NeoCalypso

My pc meets only a single requirement and it's the memory. I have an HD 7850 and an i3-3220(both which are below min spec) and that game runs 30fps on with setting on high(obviously minus the hairworks stuff) fine. Sure in the swamps or when it rains it drops maybe 10 fps but it does the exact same on the PS4 and it runs pretty solid 95% of the time. So between superior ui controls and greatly enhanced load times there is no reason to play this game on a console if you can manage otherwise.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By maginnovision
    Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the first part of the game on a gtx660, 8gb of ram and an i7-950 and the game ran absolutely fine on medium plus a few high settings. Go check some videos of the game on medium/high on pc and some ps4 footage and compare them so you can see what you prefer :)

Alamun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the feedback. So it looks like the game may run smoothly on medium. I'll look up some videos and see if I can compare medium PC vs. PS4. I may just go PS4 just to avoid risk, but actually, Steam does have that new return policy, so it may be worth giving it a shot on PC first. I wish more games had tools like the one you could download for Final Fantasy XIV that would run through some game sequences and tell you how your computer did on various settings.

Thanks again for the feedback.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

I would get it on PC simply because you will get updates quicker and Mods(Some that have fixed glitches before patches come out). The performance will be about the same but you will have the option to switch on/off settings for even better performance on PC as well.

Draklawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Draklawl

If you can run it even on medium on PC, you should get it on PC. You can tailor the performance to meet your standards and you will get updates much quicker.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have essentially the same specs, and it runs perfectly fine for me on PC.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC version pretty stable now. plus new Gwent cards this week yes best type of DLC

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John1912

Id go with PC it runs pretty damn well. I have a 770, and run the textures on ultra, with most the other stuff on medium at about 40-45 FPS. Your card should run it better then a PS4.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@alamun: If getting it on PC, get it through GOG. The return policy is much better and you get direct support.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have your GPU, your processor and your RAM and I can run it on medium settings at 35-40 FPS (but on a lower resolution because I don't mind 1680x1050. This detail might make all the difference for you, I dunno).

If you're an old school PC player who likes his mouse and keyboard, bro, it's fantastic with mouse and keyboard, so that's a reason for you.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An ancient i5 750 and HD7850 (with only 1GB of RAM) and very smooth gameplay (unquantified) at 900p with medium specs and terrain+water on high. I'd get it on PC if I were you, especially if you have an SSD. Even on my computer the worst load time was at most 20s and they are usually around 10s.

Alamun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Alamun

Wow, looks like a lot of folks have similar specs and run the game fine. I think I'm good to get it on PC. Thanks everyone!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.