Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Witcher 3: New PAX East Gameplay

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zojirushi
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

Is a non-Youtube video still Youtube spam?

In an case, I heard people complaining but it still looks like The Witcher 3 to me. Is there a graphical downgrade or something?

Edit: If a video thread exists, might as well embed a version for people that don't want to download mp4's. From our friends at Gamespot!

Loading Video...

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Not sure what you mean by youtube spam. It's new gameplay so that's threadworthy right?

I'm not so sure about the downgrade thing, GAF sure is freaking out about it but whatever.

All I can say for me personally is that I was pretty much losing my shit about earlier footage and now my reaction was more like "Yep, that's a videogame alright (a good looking one for sure though)".

I guess ultimatley, I was just hoping for something more visually groundbreaking. Gameplay still looks like The Witcher though, ought to be fun.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rethla

@zojirushi said:

I'm not so sure about the downgrade thing, GAF sure is freaking out about it but whatever.

Well thats a shocker right there, internet raging about nothing.

What hardware is this gameplay running on? The AA doesnt seem that good so i would guess its on console?

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Yeah, that's what I meant ;)

I think platform wise it's not really clear but afaik all previous footage has been PC Version @high settings so I thinks it's a safe bet this is as well.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People hoping for anything "visually groundbreaking" will be disappointed forever. Maybe it's because I'm a child of the actual 8-bit generation, but people snubbing their collective noses at some of the breathtaking tech on display in games like this just sound like the flaccid whines of folks who will never be satisfied.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I dunno, I think it looks amazing. Don't see what all the drama is about with the graphics.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect CDPR to deliver fully on the graphics front. My only question is if my PC can run it and if not will the console version be a good substitute?

I dont know but it was a long time since i was this exited for a game and im trying like hell to not watch trailers and footage to spoil myself, a quick peek like this now and then is irresistable though ;)

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@zojirushi: It's considered spam because you can't just link a video and not comment much in the OP. Add more to your post and it will be fine.

Game seems fine, by the way. Internet needs to calm their shit.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By GaspoweR

@joshwent said:

People hoping for anything "visually groundbreaking" will be disappointed forever.

Yeah, like Unreal always posts really great looking graphical demos that are rendered on extremely high end machines but we never see a game running on that iteration of the engine ever take advantage of that. As far as I know, it still looks great to me.

Also its considered Youtube spam if you just post a video and not really say anything much below other than a few sentences, even if its something deemed important like a new gameplay demo, etc. Since it produced a bit amount of discussion anyways then you're fine but typically if you just said something like, "Here's the new trailer for x game coming out on X month this year" and didn't add anything after that like adding your own two cents on the post then that's YouTube spam. It's not necessarily an offense that gets you suspended or anything but they usually just lock and remove the thread. It's a way to avoid clogging up the forums with redundant posts.

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: Damn really, ok I was more like following GAF rules of "new news, new thread".

Anyway, not trying to derail this to another #downgrade!!! thread, I'm sure this is gonna be one hell of a game. I'm curious to see what they're gonna do with the combat and if they're gonna stick to the slow, deliberate, high animation priority kinda style.

MrCalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is shaping up to be a real blast. Can't wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.