Out this week?

#1 Posted by PoisonJam7 (325 posts) -

On Monday's Bomin' The A.M, Patrick mentioned that this game would be out this week. However, I can't seem to find any evidence of that. (Besides the screwed up release info on the game's wiki page here.) Is it really coming out this week? If so, for what systems? The steam page doesn't even specify when in October it will be available.

#2 Posted by JayEH (520 posts) -

Out Friday on 360/PC. PS3 TBD.

#3 Edited by Snail (8584 posts) -

What the fuck?

#4 Edited by BeachThunder (11716 posts) -

Ohhhhhhhhhhh shiiit.

So, is this considered a GOTY contender this year or next (assuming that it's good)?

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@beachthunder: next year because you don't get the full game till next year. You can't finish it this year.

#6 Posted by AMyggen (2602 posts) -

Under the radar would be an understatement.

#7 Posted by steelerzfan101 (270 posts) -
@amyggen said:

Under the radar would be an understatement.

I have literally only seen one article about this game...and it was in a previous Gameinformer issue. Ever since then, I have heard nothing about this game...

#8 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

Seems like it's not this week for PSN... BOOOOO!

#9 Posted by AMyggen (2602 posts) -

@steelerzfan101: yup. But to be fair, hasn't it really been like that with other Telltale games too? I seem to remember Back to the Future sneaking up on me. They're probably so busy With TWD that even they forgot about it :)

A shame, because I really like the source material.

#10 Edited by ripelivejam (3583 posts) -

AAAWWWOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOO~~~

#11 Posted by spraynardtatum (2628 posts) -

#12 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Stealth release!

#13 Edited by SteadyingMeat (1121 posts) -

Wait.....what???? I didn't even know this game had a release date. Well, something to maybe look forward to I guess!

#14 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

Sucks that it won't be on PSN for "a few days" or so I read. I'm guessing it'll be out next Tuesday so it's still not far off, I just wish I didn't have to wait longer.

#15 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

Telltale was so close to pulling a Sega Saturn on this game.

#16 Posted by joshwent (2143 posts) -

Hopefully the lack of fanfare doesn't mean they're trying to hide a stinker. Fables done by Telltale has HUGE potential, but I could easily see it going wrong.

Hopefully they're so big and respected now that maybe they just don't have to make a huge deal about a new release. Word of mouth (like it did with The Walking Dead) could do the work for them while saving a good chunk of change.

#17 Posted by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

Already got it purchased. They've earned my good faith after The Walking Dead, even though I'm not a fan of Fables. Plus the artstyle looks really cool.

#18 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

I still want to see how actual "gameplay looks" I saw trrailer and they look great but I want to know what kind of game it is or how your answers are reflect in the game.

#19 Posted by Ravelle (1194 posts) -

Isn't The Walking Dead also about to be released this month? Or was it November?

#20 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

Ah screw it. I just bought it. I just hope it is as good as Walking dead^^

#21 Posted by Hunter5024 (5551 posts) -

I'm suddenly stoked for this and I have no idea why!

#22 Posted by spraynardtatum (2628 posts) -

Finding out about a game like this is infinitely more exciting than seeing a billion trailers. I'm looking at you Ubisoft! I'm looking at you EA!

#23 Posted by NotTheBees (26 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.