Thief 4 1080p on X1

  • 91 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by joshwent (2329 posts) -

@nsakinect2u: You're making it worse.

And if you haven't noticed, we don't really dig console fights here. If a game comes out that looks, plays, whatever better on one gizmo than another, then sure, talk about it if you must. But saying that this box is better than that box because they have WTFRAM and the dev tools come with free blow jobs (or the actual, less entertaining equivalent) is nothing but arbitrary speculation that encourages nothing but endless argument.

Case in point. This thread, which could have been about Thief 4 looking graphically awesome, has... deteriorated.

Post all you want. We love good content in the forums (especially championing a game that is being unreasonably slandered), but duder, just stop the bickering.

#52 Posted by Sergio (2202 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@nsakinect2u said:

...so that pedophile looking weirdo speaking Cerny...

Alrighty Mr. Kinect, you just lost all credibility.

He lost credibility long before this stupid comment.

#53 Edited by Andorski (5354 posts) -

How long are people going to ask if an upcoming Xbone title will be 1080p?

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

Yeah... what happened to that guy? He was a constant source of Xbone news.

#54 Edited by Sergio (2202 posts) -

@andorski said:

How long are people going to ask if an upcoming Xbone title will be 1080p?

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

Yeah... what happened to that guy? He was a constant source of Xbone news.

Xbox One launched, so I figure his job was done.

#55 Posted by BigJeffrey (5149 posts) -

@andorski said:

How long are people going to ask if an upcoming Xbone title will be 1080p?

until xbox two comes out.

#56 Posted by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

?

#57 Posted by VeggiesBro (146 posts) -

@viciousbearmauling: Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I enjoy stealth based games (though i've never played any games in the Thief series). I really would like it to be great, but hearing everything I have about the game, which has been mostly negative, doesn't give me much hope.

Though wasn't Deus Ex:HR trashed prior to coming out too? Or am I thinking of some other game??

#58 Posted by Sergio (2202 posts) -

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

?

Just another diehard Xbox fanboy who showed up just in time to promote the Xbox One by regurgitating the same nonsense you just did to try to claim multiplatform games may look better on Xbox One, or that somehow ESRAM or the cloud will put it over the top.

Just enjoy the Xbox One exclusives that will look great regardless of how much better multiplatform games may look on the PS4, whether a little or a lot. You've bought into one system, so there's no need to worry about the other to justify your purchase. Just disregard when people point out that multiplatform games do look better on the PS4 and enjoy your Xbox One versions.

#59 Edited by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@nsakinect2u: You're making it worse.

And if you haven't noticed, we don't really dig console fights here. If a game comes out that looks, plays, whatever better on one gizmo than another, then sure, talk about it if you must. But saying that this box is better than that box because they have WTFRAM and the dev tools come with free blow jobs (or the actual, less entertaining equivalent) is nothing but arbitrary speculation that encourages nothing but endless argument.

Case in point. This thread, which could have been about Thief 4 looking graphically awesome, has... deteriorated.

Post all you want. We love good content in the forums (especially championing a game that is being unreasonably slandered), but duder, just stop the bickering.

Again I started this post saying it's nice to see a big game like Thief that's going to be 1080p just like the PS4 version I never said one was going to look better then the other I just stated that I feel like many that have some tech knowledge that this is a good sign and we expect many more games to start being 1080p on X1 as MS brings drivers and dev tools up to spec and developers get better working with the ESRAM ram it was others who spun it into more so I just further discussed things based on what others have said. I plan to get a PS4 also maybe this spring.

Also yes Deus Ex HR was heavlity bashed before launch and that game turned out really well so this studio deserves some credit and we should think they can do the same with Thief. Besides Thief is not a game that will show well in demos so I can see why people might be turned off by it being it's slower paced so it's harder to see the beauty of it in short demos. I think once you play the full game and take in the whole experience we will see this game is really good and possibly a masterpiece.

Another thing I want to bring up and this should really make us all happy. The developers have confirmed that you can turn of all hud items and go really in depth in turning off everything to make the game realistic and hard for the hardcore players so we should honestly be praising this.

#60 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -
#61 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1216 posts) -

I really doubt it, they had Call of Duty barely running at 720p and rumor has it that Titanfall will also run at 720p. I think for the majority of X1's lifespan, 900p is a worthy and attainable goal. I read that the esram is just too gimped to gimped to run games that use deffered shading in 1080p, mathematically speaking you'd need 44 MB of esram. Forza 5 is the single game that doesn't use deffered shading, thus can hit 1080p@60fps.

#62 Edited by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

I really doubt it, they had Call of Duty barely running at 720p and rumor has it that Titanfall will also run at 720p. I think for the majority of X1's lifespan, 900p is a worthy and attainable goal. I read that the esram is just too gimped to gimped to run games that use deffered shading in 1080p, mathematically speaking you'd need 44 MB of esram. Forza 5 is the single game that doesn't use deffered shading, thus can hit 1080p@60fps.

The ESRAM is actually 47MB and get real COD Ghost looks like trash in MP it's a rush dev job the PS4 version had major frame drop at 1080p also Again then why is Thief at 1080p on X1 it's simple more dev time so you get a simple result better performance not to mention the driver and tools have been updated for devs since launch and MS also just announced they are having a performance update really soon things are only going to get better.

#63 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1216 posts) -

@nsakinect2u said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

I really doubt it, they had Call of Duty barely running at 720p and rumor has it that Titanfall will also run at 720p. I think for the majority of X1's lifespan, 900p is a worthy and attainable goal. I read that the esram is just too gimped to gimped to run games that use deffered shading in 1080p, mathematically speaking you'd need 44 MB of esram. Forza 5 is the single game that doesn't use deffered shading, thus can hit 1080p@60fps.

The ESRAM is actually 47MB and get real COD Ghost looks like trash in MP it's a rush dev job the PS4 version had major frame drop at 1080p also Again then why is Thief at 1080p on X1 it's simple more dev time so you get a simple result better performance not to mention the driver and tools have been updated for devs since launch and MS also just announced they are having a performance update really soon things are only going to get better.

Now you're just lying, it's only 32 MB. I see no proof of Thief 4 running in 1080p on XB1 in your OP. Drivers or software isn't going to magically make a 1.1 TFLOPs GPU run Thief 4 in 1080p.

#64 Posted by VeggiesBro (146 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@nsakinect2u: You're making it worse.

And if you haven't noticed, we don't really dig console fights here. If a game comes out that looks, plays, whatever better on one gizmo than another, then sure, talk about it if you must. But saying that this box is better than that box because they have WTFRAM and the dev tools come with free blow jobs (or the actual, less entertaining equivalent) is nothing but arbitrary speculation that encourages nothing but endless argument.

Case in point. This thread, which could have been about Thief 4 looking graphically awesome, has... deteriorated.

Post all you want. We love good content in the forums (especially championing a game that is being unreasonably slandered), but duder, just stop the bickering.

Again I started this post saying it's nice to see a big game like Thief that's going to be 1080p just like the PS4 version I never said one was going to look better then the other I just stated that I feel like many that have some tech knowledge that this is a good sign and we expect many more games to start being 1080p on X1 as MS brings drivers and dev tools up to spec and developers get better working with the ESRAM ram it was others who spun it into more so I just further discussed things based on what others have said. I plan to get a PS4 also maybe this spring.

Also yes Deus Ex HR was heavlity bashed before launch and that game turned out really well so this studio deserves some credit and we should think they can do the same with Thief. Besides Thief is not a game that will show well in demos so I can see why people might be turned off by it being it's slower paced so it's harder to see the beauty of it in short demos. I think once you play the full game and take in the whole experience we will see this game is really good and possibly a masterpiece.

Another thing I want to bring up and this should really make us all happy. The developers have confirmed that you can turn of all hud items and go really in depth in turning off everything to make the game realistic and hard for the hardcore players so we should honestly be praising this.

Ok, I thought as much. I knew it was the same studio that developed Deus Ex:HR, so I had high opes for Thief way back when they announced it. I've just tempered my expectations based on what i've read with regards to the variety of "problems" they've experienced over the development cycle.

#65 Posted by spraynardtatum (3524 posts) -

Thief looks cool. I'm going to check it out on ps4.

#66 Edited by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

@nsakinect2u said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

I really doubt it, they had Call of Duty barely running at 720p and rumor has it that Titanfall will also run at 720p. I think for the majority of X1's lifespan, 900p is a worthy and attainable goal. I read that the esram is just too gimped to gimped to run games that use deffered shading in 1080p, mathematically speaking you'd need 44 MB of esram. Forza 5 is the single game that doesn't use deffered shading, thus can hit 1080p@60fps.

The ESRAM is actually 47MB and get real COD Ghost looks like trash in MP it's a rush dev job the PS4 version had major frame drop at 1080p also Again then why is Thief at 1080p on X1 it's simple more dev time so you get a simple result better performance not to mention the driver and tools have been updated for devs since launch and MS also just announced they are having a performance update really soon things are only going to get better.

Now you're just lying, it's only 32 MB. I see no proof of Thief 4 running in 1080p on XB1 in your OP. Drivers or software isn't going to magically make a 1.1 TFLOPs GPU run Thief 4 in 1080p.

32mb is for use I think it's something like 47mb on the die or something don't have the link in front of me. And why won't drivers and tool updates not help? It's not like back in the day with a console that has no online? Nowadays MS can certainly have updates and again they just announced they are having a performance update really soon so it's expected that the cpu/gpu are getting new drivers for performance and shrink the OS to maybe free up some additional Ram for devs use. 343 studies already said they have been informed that soon they will have 6gigs of ram for game development. Not to mention there is some stuff swirling around the internet now that is suggesting that the X1 really does have a stacked die and if this turns out true would make the X1 twice as powerful as the PS4. Apparently there has been a gag order to not discuss this and a big court battle and the speculation is this stack chip has yet to be unlocked and that no one can talk or confirm anything because of the court gag order because apparent former engineers stole top secret info but this gag order ends soon and apparently this might come out being true. I reserve judgment and don't have an opinion one way or another but here is a link you can see it being talked about again and if this does turn out to be true then the X1 is a freaking beast one could only hope.

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/2013/12/31/

#67 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1216 posts) -

Mrxmedia, the fool that still believes in the secret sauce that will get XB1 on par with ps4? Like hidden dies, hidden super secret memory, hidden additional GPU? I was waiting on Mrxmedia but hahahaha. Face it, fotographs front & back of the chip dies are already out and the XB1 is just what it is. No super secret stuff.

#68 Edited by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

Mrxmedia, the fool that still believes in the secret sauce that will get XB1 on par with ps4? Like hidden dies, hidden super secret memory, hidden additional GPU? I was waiting on Mrxmedia but hahahaha. Face it, fotographs front & back of the chip dies are already out and the XB1 is just what it is. No super secret stuff.

Again I said I had no opinion but if it did turn out true when this gag order is lifted soon this would be huge and not only would it be on par it would make the X1 twice as powerful. There is some strange stuff going on on the DIE for sure we just need to finally get conformation hopefully soon once this court gag order is lifted. And this recent article I linked is recent and you can clearly see it would appear to have something going on but what we won't know until the gag order is lifted and it can be discussed. Some are obviously speculating that this recent announcement from MS on a performance update coming soon could maybe be soon after this gag order is lifted and then they will unlock this stacked DIE? Who knows it would be totally bad ass if this turned out all to be true. And it's funny how MS keeps saying when asked that the X1 is built for the future and will get stronger over time?

#69 Posted by spraynardtatum (3524 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw said:

Mrxmedia, the fool that still believes in the secret sauce that will get XB1 on par with ps4? Like hidden dies, hidden super secret memory, hidden additional GPU? I was waiting on Mrxmedia but hahahaha. Face it, fotographs front & back of the chip dies are already out and the XB1 is just what it is. No super secret stuff.

Again I said I had no opinion but if it did turn out true when this gag order is lifted soon this would be huge and not only would it be on par it would make the X1 twice as powerful. There is some strange stuff going on on the DIE for sure we just need to finally get conformation hopefully soon once this court gag order is lifted. And this recent article I linked is recent and you can clearly see it would appear to have something going on but what we won't know until the gag order is lifted and it can be discussed. Some are obviously speculating that this recent announcement from MS on a performance update coming soon could maybe be soon after this gag order is lifted and then they will unlock this stacked DIE? Who knows it would be totally bad ass if this turned out all to be true. And it's funny how MS keeps saying when asked that the X1 is built for the future and will get stronger over time?

What court gag order?

#70 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1216 posts) -

@nsakinect2u said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Mrxmedia, the fool that still believes in the secret sauce that will get XB1 on par with ps4? Like hidden dies, hidden super secret memory, hidden additional GPU? I was waiting on Mrxmedia but hahahaha. Face it, fotographs front & back of the chip dies are already out and the XB1 is just what it is. No super secret stuff.

Again I said I had no opinion but if it did turn out true when this gag order is lifted soon this would be huge and not only would it be on par it would make the X1 twice as powerful. There is some strange stuff going on on the DIE for sure we just need to finally get conformation hopefully soon once this court gag order is lifted. And this recent article I linked is recent and you can clearly see it would appear to have something going on but what we won't know until the gag order is lifted and it can be discussed. Some are obviously speculating that this recent announcement from MS on a performance update coming soon could maybe be soon after this gag order is lifted and then they will unlock this stacked DIE? Who knows it would be totally bad ass if this turned out all to be true. And it's funny how MS keeps saying when asked that the X1 is built for the future and will get stronger over time?

What court gag order?

One of many mrxmedia's delusions. The XB1 is supposedly 20 times as powerful as the ps4 but there is a big conspiracy going on putting gag orders on revealing it.

#71 Posted by spraynardtatum (3524 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

@nsakinect2u said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Mrxmedia, the fool that still believes in the secret sauce that will get XB1 on par with ps4? Like hidden dies, hidden super secret memory, hidden additional GPU? I was waiting on Mrxmedia but hahahaha. Face it, fotographs front & back of the chip dies are already out and the XB1 is just what it is. No super secret stuff.

Again I said I had no opinion but if it did turn out true when this gag order is lifted soon this would be huge and not only would it be on par it would make the X1 twice as powerful. There is some strange stuff going on on the DIE for sure we just need to finally get conformation hopefully soon once this court gag order is lifted. And this recent article I linked is recent and you can clearly see it would appear to have something going on but what we won't know until the gag order is lifted and it can be discussed. Some are obviously speculating that this recent announcement from MS on a performance update coming soon could maybe be soon after this gag order is lifted and then they will unlock this stacked DIE? Who knows it would be totally bad ass if this turned out all to be true. And it's funny how MS keeps saying when asked that the X1 is built for the future and will get stronger over time?

What court gag order?

One of many mrxmedia's delusions. The XB1 is supposedly 20 times as powerful as the ps4 but there is a big conspiracy going on putting gag orders on revealing it.

HA!

#72 Posted by Cybertification (206 posts) -

I don't see the point of Thief 4 when The Dark Mod exists.

#73 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

Yeah, got that same vibe skimming all of this.

P.S. Thief 4 could be really awesome, depending on how this whole city hub thingy plays out. Always wanted a first person RPG take on the whole dark fantasy metropolis setting as seen in Baldur's Gate 2, centered around a thief and major freedom of movement. Go anywhere, do anything, talk the panties of some wenches - the works. Thief 4 might not be quite it, but close enough to pay attention to.

#74 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1849 posts) -

Um guys, you know the more you reply the longer this thread you hate keeps living right?

#75 Edited by fisk0 (4412 posts) -

Some forward thinking Gamespot editor had these words to say in 1996, and they are as true as ever:

The graphics are outstanding. I was duly impressed by full screen 320x200 before I even knew there were two higher resolution levels. The developers suggest a Pentium P166 for the highest resolution (640x480) and, while it is beautiful, I wouldn't use that resolution with anything less than a P200. This game is so smooth on the lower resolution settings, it seems a crime to trade playability for a few more dots per inch.

#76 Edited by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@seppli said:

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

Yeah, got that same vibe skimming all of this.

P.S. Thief 4 could be really awesome, depending on how this whole city hub thingy plays out. Always wanted a first person RPG take in on the whole dark fantasy metropolis setting as seen in Baldur's Gate 2, centered around a thief and major freedom of movement. Go anywhere, do anything, talk the panties of some wenches - the works. Thief 4 might not be quite it, but close enough to pay attention.

I think it's going to be awesome you can do things in the city and roam around and get quest yet you can venture off and do as you please also. I think the game is honestly going to be really good. I'm pegging it at a good 8.5 score maybe it could hit 9 AAA because they will allow you to turn all the assist off and really make the game how you want it for the hardcore player and I think reviewers will appreciate that also.

#77 Edited by spraynardtatum (3524 posts) -

@nsakinect2u said:

@seppli said:

@sergio said:

Welcome back, AlexGlass.

Yeah, got that same vibe skimming all of this.

P.S. Thief 4 could be really awesome, depending on how this whole city hub thingy plays out. Always wanted a first person RPG take in on the whole dark fantasy metropolis setting as seen in Baldur's Gate 2, centered around a thief and major freedom of movement. Go anywhere, do anything, talk the panties of some wenches - the works. Thief 4 might not be quite it, but close enough to pay attention.

I think it's going to be awesome you can do things in the city and roam around and get quest yet you can venture off and do as you lease also. I think the game is honestly going to be really good. I'm pegging it at a good 8.5 score maybe it could hit 9 AAA because they will allow you to turn all the assist off and really make the game how you want it for the hardcore player and I think reviewers will appreciate that also.

Really? 8.5? Well, I guess it's settled then.

#78 Posted by MildMolasses (3228 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

@nsakinect2u said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

Mrxmedia, the fool that still believes in the secret sauce that will get XB1 on par with ps4? Like hidden dies, hidden super secret memory, hidden additional GPU? I was waiting on Mrxmedia but hahahaha. Face it, fotographs front & back of the chip dies are already out and the XB1 is just what it is. No super secret stuff.

Again I said I had no opinion but if it did turn out true when this gag order is lifted soon this would be huge and not only would it be on par it would make the X1 twice as powerful. There is some strange stuff going on on the DIE for sure we just need to finally get conformation hopefully soon once this court gag order is lifted. And this recent article I linked is recent and you can clearly see it would appear to have something going on but what we won't know until the gag order is lifted and it can be discussed. Some are obviously speculating that this recent announcement from MS on a performance update coming soon could maybe be soon after this gag order is lifted and then they will unlock this stacked DIE? Who knows it would be totally bad ass if this turned out all to be true. And it's funny how MS keeps saying when asked that the X1 is built for the future and will get stronger over time?

What court gag order?

One of many mrxmedia's delusions. The XB1 is supposedly 20 times as powerful as the ps4 but there is a big conspiracy going on putting gag orders on revealing it.

Every microtransaction that occurs in an XONE lauch games causes an 0.00000021% increase in the XONE's power!

#79 Posted by MildMolasses (3228 posts) -
@fisk0 said:

An forward thinking Gamespot editor had these words to say in 1996, and they are as true as ever:

The graphics are outstanding. I was duly impressed by full screen 320x200 before I even knew there were two higher resolution levels. The developers suggest a Pentium P166 for the highest resolution (640x480) and, while it is beautiful, I wouldn't use that resolution with anything less than a P200. This game is so smooth on the lower resolution settings, it seems a crime to trade playability for a few more dots per inch.


Who is this heretic that would dare to place playability over resolution? The P's come before anything else! We must burn this witch/warlock!

#80 Posted by mosdl (3243 posts) -

Thief 4 is high up on my radar and can't wait for it in late February. It's being developed by the same studio who di Deus Ex HR and that game was awesome so it looks like they will do Thief 4 justice and bring this great PC classic back just like they did with Deus Ex.


The Deus EX HR team took over development (rumors say forced to do it) which means something was wrong with the game, its no guarantee that they can fix it.

#81 Edited by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@mosdl said:

@nsakinect2u said:

Thief 4 is high up on my radar and can't wait for it in late February. It's being developed by the same studio who di Deus Ex HR and that game was awesome so it looks like they will do Thief 4 justice and bring this great PC classic back just like they did with Deus Ex.


The Deus EX HR team took over development (rumors say forced to do it) which means something was wrong with the game, its no guarantee that they can fix it.

Does not mean something was wrong it's common these days with tight budgets and resources for studios to delegate work out as needed.

#82 Edited by Silver-Streak (1377 posts) -

@andorski: @sergio: @seppli: To my understanding AlexGlass got banned for fighting with the mods, among other things.

However, I wouldn't construe him as having done the same stuff like this. Alex usually posted about actual developments/news that were beneficial and exclusive to the XBO, as well as downplay PS4 benefits, rather than spread a lot of FUD. Although he sometimes got out of hand when talking about the APU set up, as he thought some items were unique which were actually just renamed standard functions of all CPUs. Regardless, he was usually civil about it.

@nsakinect2u: I apologize that you may be feeling that you're getting hostile reactions, however, you didn't really present yourself well:

  • This thread is your first post, which is trying to take something such as "This game isn't worse on this platform" to mean "all this platforms performance issues are gone". Most normal posters don't start their forum presence with assumption or false correlation based threads.
  • You have kinect in your username, regardless of whether it's an NSA joke or not, could be misinterpreted as being a method to make the word kinect appear a bunch of times throughout the forums (which is used by a lot of forum viral marketers).
  • You're taking MrXmedia stuff as truth. Every item he's ever posted about has been false, including everything he's posted that he's gotten from "insiders". (Go back in his site history to see how he said the XBO's APU was going to be over 2ghz, was going to have 12gb of ram at launch, etc). There's a very good chance his entire blog/news site is a parody site, as well.
  • You're also talking about "Strange stuff on the die". The XBO's entire innerds has been torn down, examined, and defined by numerous sites (Not just the casing), such as iFixit and others. Everything that is on the die has been defined. It has an unusual placement of the memory controller, but that is likely just because of how they build the board to link the APU to the ESRAM. (This may or may not have been apparent to some of the posters, but I just wanted to get you a heads up).

The Giant Bomb forum is an awesome place to be, so don't be discouraged, however unless it's in offtopic, you usually don't want to do an opening post that tries to do false equivalency.

#83 Posted by nsakinect2u (22 posts) -

@eujin said:

@andorski: @sergio: @seppli: To my understanding AlexGlass got banned for fighting with the mods, among other things.

However, I wouldn't construe him as having done the same stuff like this. Alex usually posted about actual developments/news that were beneficial and exclusive to the XBO, as well as downplay PS4 benefits, rather than spread a lot of FUD. Although he sometimes got out of hand when talking about the APU set up, as he thought some items were unique which were actually just renamed standard functions of all CPUs. Regardless, he was usually civil about it.

@nsakinect2u: I apologize that you may be feeling that you're getting hostile reactions, however, you didn't really present yourself well:

  • This thread is your first post, which is trying to take something such as "This game isn't worse on this platform" to mean "all this platforms performance issues are gone". Most normal posters don't start their forum presence with assumption or false correlation based threads.
  • You have kinect in your username, regardless of whether it's an NSA joke or not, could be misinterpreted as being a method to make the word kinect appear a bunch of times throughout the forums (which is used by a lot of forum viral marketers).
  • You're taking MrXmedia stuff as truth. Every item he's ever posted about has been false, including everything he's posted that he's gotten from "insiders". (Go back in his site history to see how he said the XBO's APU was going to be over 2ghz, was going to have 12gb of ram at launch, etc). There's a very good chance his entire blog/news site is a parody site, as well.
  • You're also talking about "Strange stuff on the die". The XBO's entire innerds has been torn down, examined, and defined by numerous sites (Not just the casing), such as iFixit and others. Everything that is on the die has been defined. It has an unusual placement of the memory controller, but that is likely just because of how they build the board to link the APU to the ESRAM. (This may or may not have been apparent to some of the posters, but I just wanted to get you a heads up).

The Giant Bomb forum is an awesome place to be, so don't be discouraged, however unless it's in offtopic, you usually don't want to do an opening post that tries to do false equivalency.

Yup another poster who clearly does not read what I clearly say. Yes I have NSA as a bash joke against my own system X1. What did you not read correctly when I posted about the stacked DIE from MrXmedia? I clearly stated that I had no opinion on it one way or the other and clearly stated that I'd be happy to see it to be true but clearly said only time will tell? How do you translate that as me stating this as truth?

#84 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1849 posts) -

@eujin said:

@andorski: @sergio: @seppli: To my understanding AlexGlass got banned for fighting with the mods, among other things.

However, I wouldn't construe him as having done the same stuff like this. Alex usually posted about actual developments/news that were beneficial and exclusive to the XBO, as well as downplay PS4 benefits, rather than spread a lot of FUD. Although he sometimes got out of hand when talking about the APU set up, as he thought some items were unique which were actually just renamed standard functions of all CPUs. Regardless, he was usually civil about it.

@nsakinect2u: I apologize that you may be feeling that you're getting hostile reactions, however, you didn't really present yourself well:

  • This thread is your first post, which is trying to take something such as "This game isn't worse on this platform" to mean "all this platforms performance issues are gone". Most normal posters don't start their forum presence with assumption or false correlation based threads.
  • You have kinect in your username, regardless of whether it's an NSA joke or not, could be misinterpreted as being a method to make the word kinect appear a bunch of times throughout the forums (which is used by a lot of forum viral marketers).
  • You're taking MrXmedia stuff as truth. Every item he's ever posted about has been false, including everything he's posted that he's gotten from "insiders". (Go back in his site history to see how he said the XBO's APU was going to be over 2ghz, was going to have 12gb of ram at launch, etc). There's a very good chance his entire blog/news site is a parody site, as well.
  • You're also talking about "Strange stuff on the die". The XBO's entire innerds has been torn down, examined, and defined by numerous sites (Not just the casing), such as iFixit and others. Everything that is on the die has been defined. It has an unusual placement of the memory controller, but that is likely just because of how they build the board to link the APU to the ESRAM. (This may or may not have been apparent to some of the posters, but I just wanted to get you a heads up).

The Giant Bomb forum is an awesome place to be, so don't be discouraged, however unless it's in offtopic, you usually don't want to do an opening post that tries to do false equivalency.

You're forgetting the part where we discovered Darji and AlexGlass were the same person

He/She still lives on.

#85 Posted by Shortbreadtom (848 posts) -

@joshwent: It's mot just Patrick. I know PCGamer and I think Polygon (?) were pretty negative about it in their preview coverage

#86 Posted by Humanity (9876 posts) -

@joshwent: It's mot just Patrick. I know PCGamer and I think Polygon (?) were pretty negative about it in their preview coverage

Several people can't be wrong I guess. I know I've once held out hope for a game despite all the negative press it was getting until I actually played it and realized that I guess it did have some major issues. This makes me somewhat morbidly curious as to what is exactly wrong with Thief 4? All the gameplay demo's and so forth look fairly good, so it must have something to do with gameplay itself.

#87 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4297 posts) -

@humanity said:

@shortbreadtom said:

@joshwent: It's mot just Patrick. I know PCGamer and I think Polygon (?) were pretty negative about it in their preview coverage

Several people can't be wrong I guess. I know I've once held out hope for a game despite all the negative press it was getting until I actually played it and realized that I guess it did have some major issues. This makes me somewhat morbidly curious as to what is exactly wrong with Thief 4? All the gameplay demo's and so forth look fairly good, so it must have something to do with gameplay itself.

Fun fact: Polygon's Chris Plante got blacklisted by Square'n'Eidos because of his rumory-preview. During their EIC's Brian Crecente interview, there's a huge footnote in the video and article that says that Chris got totally blacklisted from going to that Square event, the certain actual interview, granted with the same questions Chris was going to ask then asked by Brian.

During a recent "Let's play a couple of Hours of PS4, and check out the interface and downloading and stuff", I asked the Polygon staff in the chat, about what they thought about the upcoming Thief, shooting the shit so to speak. Chris was actually the one I accidentally asked, and commented that he would not comment.

I'm still looking forward to this game by like: alot-alot, and I'm hoping for at least a low 8.5 from wherever.

#88 Edited by Humanity (9876 posts) -

@humanity said:

@shortbreadtom said:

@joshwent: It's mot just Patrick. I know PCGamer and I think Polygon (?) were pretty negative about it in their preview coverage

Several people can't be wrong I guess. I know I've once held out hope for a game despite all the negative press it was getting until I actually played it and realized that I guess it did have some major issues. This makes me somewhat morbidly curious as to what is exactly wrong with Thief 4? All the gameplay demo's and so forth look fairly good, so it must have something to do with gameplay itself.

Fun fact: Polygon's Chris Plante got blacklisted by Square'n'Eidos because of his rumory-preview. During their EIC's Brian Crecente interview, there's a huge footnote in the video and article that says that Chris got totally blacklisted from going to that Square event, the certain actual interview, granted with the same questions Chris was going to ask then asked by Brian.

During a recent "Let's play a couple of Hours of PS4, and check out the interface and downloading and stuff", I asked the Polygon staff in the chat, about what they thought about the upcoming Thief, shooting the shit so to speak. Chris was actually the one I accidentally asked, and commented that he would not comment.

I'm still looking forward to this game by like: alot-alot, and I'm hoping for at least a low 8.5 from wherever.

Scores be damned, I just hope it's good. The closest thing we've had to Thief in the past couple of years would be Dishonored in my personal opinion - and that is a very, very stealth-diet sort of game, which is why Patrick liked it a lot I guess.

#89 Posted by AlmightyBoob (83 posts) -

It's 900p on the Xbone btw

#90 Posted by Korwin (2985 posts) -

It's 900p on the Xbone btw

K.. thanks for bringing back a 2 month old thread.

#91 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@korwin said:

@almightyboob said:

It's 900p on the Xbone btw

K.. thanks for bringing back a 2 month old thread.

He did the right thing since mods are always asking to post in old threads with the same topic. And be it 5 years old.

#92 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

Heh.

#93 Posted by BigJeffrey (5149 posts) -

Thief is going to be 1080p 30fps on both PS4 and X1. So it's looking just like I figured as second and third wave games start coming in and MS brings the development tools and drivers up to speed that X1 should have no problems for most games being native 1080p.

Thief 4 is high up on my radar and can't wait for it in late February. It's being developed by the same studio who di Deus Ex HR and that game was awesome so it looks like they will do Thief 4 justice and bring this great PC classic back just like they did with Deus Ex.

Back to the 1080p thing this game has some really good graphics and artwork and oozes with atmosphere so I'm really stoked to see that just like I expected MS will bring tools up to speed and X1 should be doing mostly 1080p native games just like PS4 so this is great.

I'm also hoping and expecting some great things from the Xbox One controller in this game with some vibration trigger pulls when shooting arrows with your bow and maybe some sensation feeling when your picking locks of pick pocketing people this should be some great stuff on the Xbox One controller.

Anyone who has been sleeping on Thief 4 Deadly Shadows should wake up immediately because this game is going to be a special one and it's not to far away from launch.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/09/thief-gameplay-trailer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/thief-resolution-is-1080p-on-ps4-900p-on-xbox-one?abthid=5303811b30e0bdca6e000014

#94 Posted by Silver-Streak (1377 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: I think the poster was either a viral account or an alias for MisterXMedia. All of their posts were on the same day (1 month, 22 days ago), and they've not posted since. Not to mention they kept stating MisterXMedia's stuff was real.

Regardless, here's hoping Thief is actually good.

#95 Posted by Thedrbrian (66 posts) -

Something something cloud....... Shit I've already done that. Bollocks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.