If I counted them correctly, THQ published 12 games the past year. Here are the games and respectively sale figures:
- de Blob 2, ~270K
- Kung Fu Panda 2, ~340K
- Homefront, ~2.19M
- MX vs. ATV: Alive, ~480K
- Red Faction: Armageddon, ~480K
- Rio, ~240K
- Saints Row: The Third, ~3.48M
- SpongeBob SquigglePants, ~310K
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, ~690K
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution, ~60K
- WWE All Stars, ~860K
- WWE '12, ~1.79M
With only three games breaking the 1M barrier and two other games breaking the 500K barrier, I say THQ had a bad year. With already a few studios closed in 2011, things are not going well. Darksiders II and Metro: Last Light are looking like the possible money-makers for 2012, so THQ lies on their success. If both fail, then the situation is grim for the two-decade old publisher.
What do you guys think?