Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jun 08, 2009

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the latest edition of the perennial golf series, brought to you by EA Sports and EA Tiburon. The Wii version can be played with the Motion Plus adapter, while the 360 and PS3 versions utilize analog sticks for club control.

Wii Motion Plus To Debut With Tiger 10

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    No Caption Provided

It's now been confirmed that Wii Motion Plus will debut alongside Tiger Woods 10 on June 15th, and not Wii Sport Resort  (a month later - July) as previously thought.

The device will come bundled within a limited retail pack of Tiger 10, and will retail for $59.99 with Wii Motion Plus, and $49.99 without.  It sounds like a great deal to me.

"This exclusive and limited-time offer is exciting news for sports fans who want to enhance their Wii experience for a great value with the new Wii MotionPlus right at launch with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10" - "The functionality of the Wii MotionPlus will help us deliver the authentic, true-to-life sports motion for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 and EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis that will redefine the sports experience on the Wii."

- Peter Moore, President, EA SPORTS

European folks will have the device bundled with both Tiger 10 and Grand Slam Tennis, when both games launch here on June 12th

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

This is gewd news... I'm sure the higher-up's at work will buy this for our Company Wii.  I'll have to let them know about this bundle.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

The game also appears to have some "Pay and Play" online functionality, on the evidence of it's box art:

No Caption Provided

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I've put off my preorder just because of this. Day one bundle for me... big fan. What's "pay and play"? Online was free in '09... Do I have to pay?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Endogene
    Claude said:
    "I've put off my preorder just because of this. Day one bundle for me... big fan. What's "pay and play"? Online was free in '09... Do I have to pay? "
    It just means DLC.

edit: how foolish would someone look if they posted the exact same as myself again?
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
    Claude said:
    "I've put off my preorder just because of this. Day one bundle for me... big fan. What's "pay and play"? Online was free in '09... Do I have to pay? "
    It just means it has downloadable content that you can buy.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By TheHBK

Sweet, I thought this would not come out until August, but its been moved up?  Cool, so whats the deal then with Wii Sports Resort, will that still be a bundle and how much would an individual copy cost?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Claude said:

Fear not, basic online play should be totally free. "Pay and Play" is basically DLC. in this game it could be extra gameplay modes, to something as simple as items of clothing for use in character creation. The feature could be used in a more imaginative way, and I have a sneaky feeling it might do, but there are no details to suggest that yet.

I am dying to play this.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
    Endogene said:
    "Claude said:
    It just means DLC.edit: how foolish would someone look if they posted the exact same as myself again?"
    If that happened, then he would look quite the fool.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

I like the idea of packaging the Motion +, but I don't like golf enough to buy it at full or near retail.  Now, if it were Mario Golf, man I would be in there in a flash.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
    oldschool said:
    "I like the idea of packaging the Motion +, but I don't like golf enough to buy it at full or near retail.  Now, if it were Mario Golf, man I would be in there in a flash."

It's coming with Grand Slam Tennis also, in pal territories. Perhaps that may be more to your tastes.
    Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Marzy

This is excellent news and I may get this if reviews for the game turn out to be positive. Personally, I would prefer a new Mario Golf with Motion Plus though.

That box art cover reminds me of the artwork found on birthday cards.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

I see what you mean about the box art.

For the first time it's actual art, as opposed to a photo cut out of Tiger. Quite frankly, I don't care what it looks like, the game is undoubtedly great.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

DLC...? Tiger Armor?

After you posted this Linky, I went to preorder... well I was in the area, so I popped in. The game will cost $59.99/US with the bundle. All I have to do now is wait.

I'm also a big fan of Mario Golf, so if and when Nintendo announces that one... I'm in. I also hope that Tecmo releases another version of Super Swing Golf with motion plus support... big fan of that series too.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

Great stuff, lots of bundles = big install base = justifying more use of motion plus in other games = happy gamers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.