Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Titanfall won't have ANY Australian servers.

• 68 results
    schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@video_game_king: If he plays it; it is multiplayer only. But, on the other hand, it does have jetpacks... ;)

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By soulcake

But what about my Antarctica server, BF3 had a Antarctica server :P

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: Ironically no australians really drink fosters, I havent seen it in years

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By IzunaDrop

Update from the Western front:

I just started the beta, playing from Perth, Western Australia. I get 70 ms (it actually gives you ping!) to the South East Asian server farm (likely Singapore) which is as fast as to Sydney servers in other games. We have an undersea cable running from the west coast direct to Singapore, so Perth crew, we are in luck! East coast, you'll likely get the 150ms as quoted by others.

So all smiles around here :)

Now the feeling that I have progressional shooter fatigue, and that these type of games aren't good for anything other than a glorified chat room for your party. Well, that's a little unsettling.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just started the beta, playing from Perth, Western Australia. I get 70 ms (it actually gives you ping!) to the South East Asian server farm (likely Singapore) which is as fast as to Sydney servers in other games.

Now the feeling that I have progressional shooter fatigue, and that these type of games aren't good for anything other than a glorified chat room for your party. Well, that's a little unsettling.

That likely means over 100 for us on the East coast, this might the one time I've ever wished I lived on the West coast :P

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

my ping was about 120 (I live in Melbourne) and I really didn't notice any lag at all

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

@izunadrop said:

I just started the beta, playing from Perth, Western Australia. I get 70 ms (it actually gives you ping!) to the South East Asian server farm (likely Singapore) which is as fast as to Sydney servers in other games.

That likely means over 100 for us on the East coast, this might the one time I've ever wished I lived on the West coast :P

I remember a few games only have servers in Australia and not in Singapore when I played them so hey, glad the latency is getting better between us! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm in Sydney and getting around 150ms on average but like others have said the lag is surprisingly minimal and I'm having a great time with the beta so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a56f874e000f
    deactivated-5a56f874e000f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my beta code and installing the game now. I live in Aus and already enjoy sub par internet so Ill let you know how much fun I have....

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By HighPriest

Wait, they let Australians play videogames now?

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MasterpinE

Playing from Perth, 70-90ms is no worse than i'm used to with Dota 2, game is perfectly playable. Having a blast so far, was really trying to not get too excited after being a bit let down by BF4 and not having had any interest in CoD for the last few years. I get a real 'Natural Selection 2' vibe from the player movement, it's like being a skulk with a machine gun.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hayt

I'm getting 80-120 and it's fucking woeful. I understand if you play a lot of stuff with matchmaking you get used to this sort of stuff but considering I'm used to around 10 ms in BF3 or 5 in RO2 this really is the pits. Especially in a game where you have to move so fast.

Are they planning to do anything because I'm not stupid enough to buy it until there's some sort of provision out

Just look at this. Awful.

No Caption Provided

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt said:

I'm getting 80-120 and it's fucking woeful. I understand if you play a lot of stuff with matchmaking you get used to this sort of stuff but considering I'm used to around 10 ms in BF3 or 5 in RO2 this really is the pits. Especially in a game where you have to move so fast.

Are they planning to do anything because I'm not stupid enough to buy it until there's some sort of provision out

Just look at this. Awful.

Yeah, it's absolutely hopeless. After Diablo 3, I'm not going to be tricked into buying another product which forces me to use overseas servers. Being shot over and over again by people who can see you 10 years before you can see them isn't fun.

jchenderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I am finding more and more that not having a local server is completely unacceptable. After the initial thrill of the game passing where I was forgiving any kind of stutter I have now come to the realisation It is just not the way I believe it should be played. Especially coming of BF4 servers with a ping of 30. I did hear somewhere that there would be microsoft servers ready by later this year but that is just not good enough for this release.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By randiolo

Australia is PS4 country.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God this is a bummer. I just played a round and it's a great game up until there's a hitch that gets you killed. Seems pretty poor that they are okay to take your money as soon as it's out, even though it's not finished for the region.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to die of rage play Titanfall from Australia and use the shotgun. I've mostly been using the rifle and it is somewhat playable but I played a few game with the shotgun and I would get two, sometimes even three, shots off at pretty close range before I died, then watch the kill cam and see that apparently I didn't fire at all. It's suuuper frustrating and totally unacceptable in this day and age that all of Australia should have to play at 150+ ping.

I understand that the Microsoft Azure severs aren't ready in Australia yet but they should really figure out some alternative until they are ready, ESPECIALLY on PC where I'm playing it doesn't make any sense to rely on servers in Asia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.