Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 04, 2008

Tom Clancy's Endwar is a real time strategy game in which the three major superpowers of the world ignite and engage in World War III.

Multiplayer is Fun

Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mistyshadow

But I keep getting owned, you guys have any tips?

Thanks.

Zeph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeph

Rock, papers, scissors.

Tank beats transports, transports beat gunships, gunships beat tank.
    Engineers are effective versus air. Rifleman are mostly only good for capturing uplinks more quickly. Engineers can upgrade uplinks faster than rifleman.

Use that system to your advantage and try to create a balanced force. Don't rely on any one unit type too heavily or you'll get crushed once they figure out what you prefer. Try to keep your forces spread enough that a single WMD can't wipe them all out. Save up Command Points and try not to use them up too quickly just to get as many units as possible. Often, a well placed airstrike can be more effective than that new gunship.

Use task groups to your advantage to move more units that complement each other or your plan around the battlefield. Also, keep watch on your units when they get into fights. They'll tell you through voice cues whether or not they are outmatched. A lot of times when you give an order, if your unit knows it's certain death, it will tell you with words or their tone of voice.

Hope some of those help.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47

This game really...isnt much of a strategy game. So heres what i've done and won every match i have played. Spam tanks, engi's and hele's. Attack quick. And destroy every control point they own. = win in under 5-10 min. I hate this game.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

Sounds like World in Conflict

OH WAIT IT IS LOL

Zeph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zeph
    Pibo47 said:
    "This game really...isnt much of a strategy game. So heres what i've done and won every match i have played. Spam tanks, engi's and hele's. Attack quick. And destroy every control point they own. = win in under 5-10 min. I hate this game."
    You probably played against some pretty dumb people. It's not as deep as other strategy games (it can't, it's on a console) but it's still fun.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    Pibo47 said:
    "This game really...isnt much of a strategy game. So heres what i've done and won every match i have played. Spam tanks, engi's and hele's. Attack quick. And destroy every control point they own. = win in under 5-10 min. I hate this game."

The single player demo is on easy mode, I've won games in under 2 minutes using only gunships.  Try the online mode, You'll get your ass kicked over and over.  Its a lot more tactical than World in Conflict (based on my time in the WiC Beta)
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "Pibo47 said:

The single player demo is on easy mode, I've won games in under 2 minutes using only gunships.  Try the online mode, You'll get your ass kicked over and over.  Its a lot more tactical than World in Conflict (based on my time in the WiC Beta)"
    LMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHAH! More tatical than WiC, dude. You have no idea what your talking about. I played it online, this game just sucks and is NOT tatical at ALL! Dont even compare WiC to Endwar. Thats insulting to WiC.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

After playing World in Conflict for about 50 matches in the game's beta I think I'm quailfied to give my opinion on the game.  WiC annoyed me because no matter what army composition you used, no matter how well you were playing or working as a team, the weak ass player on the other team with 2 decent bombing runs can just wipe you out and undo a hell of a lot of your hard work.  Also the artillery were far too powerful, a single heavy artillery, well defended can dominate the battlefield.  Sorry man, didn't like it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

I can't stand any part of this game..I don't understand what some people see in it.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ekajarmstro

Pibo47 said:

Your strategy is hardly invincible, you must have been playing against total noobs. Firstly, destroying control points only removes their upgrades it doesn't affect the victory conditions, and seeing as I would never upgrade them anyway that tactic would be innefective. Also, tanks are slow and incredibly vulnerable to artillery, which coud be protected by transports so your gunships would have little effect on them. Backing that force up with riflemen (that could be dropped behind your forces if sufficient command points were available) could capture points quickly for the win, and they could shred engineers up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.