No recent wiki edits to this page.
In the wake of the upheaval in Russia
, a series of small brushfire wars have ignited around the globe. One of the deadliest being the resumption of hostilities between the forces of Ethiopia
and Eritrea, which have been spurred on by a coup in Addis Ababa. Armed with the latest Russian weaponry, and led by General Tesfaye Wolde, the Ethiopian military makes a grab for the Eritrean coastline. This sudden Ethiopian offensive sends the Eritreans into a swift retreat.
Shipping on the Red Sea ceases. Relief efforts on the interior come to a swift halt. At the request of the Eritrean government, an international coalition is formed to combat the violence plaguing the two countries. The Ghosts are once again called to action to lead the charge as the spearhead of the operational forces. Armed with new weapons and new specialists it's up to them to push the Ethiopian military back across the border.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Desert Siege is an expansion of the original Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
. It consists of an all new single-player campaign as well as various new weapons, enemies and multiplayer maps.
New Additions include:
As in the original Ghost Recon, completing secondary objectives will reward you with all new specialist characters. Some objectives will be time-based; others will involve escorting civilian vehicles across maps filled with hostiles.
- A multiplayer leaderboard
- 2 new multiplayer game modes
- 5 new multiplayer maps
- 8 mission single-player campaign set in the Horn of Africa
- New weapons for multiplayer battles
- New enemies and vehicles
- New and improved specialist characters
WeaponsThere are 9 new weapons available for use in Desert Siege. Some will appear in the hands of unlocked Specialist characters while others may only be available in Multiplayer or Quick Mission modes.
New weapons include:
7.62mm Sniper Rifle
Minimum Requirements (PC)
- CPU: Pentium 2 with 450MHz or equivalent
- Memory: 128MB of RAM
- Operation System: Windows 9X/ME/2000/XP
- DirectX: DirectX 8.0 or higher (Included with Retail Version)
- Video Card: 16MB DirectX 8 compatible 3D Card
- Hard Drive Space: 500MB Minimum
- CD-ROM: 4X or better
- Audio: DirectX 8.0 or compatible
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.0 or compatible
- Internet/Network Play: TCP/IP Internet or LAN Connection
- Original Ghost Recon is Required