Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Future Soldier is the first in Ubisoft's long-running Ghost Recon series of tactical shooters to take place in the near-future.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Thoughts in a Poll

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
    S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

I have been reading on the forums for both ghostrecon.com and ghostrecon.net and it seems that most people are complaining about the beta. I am creating this poll to get an all around summary of the thoughts on the beta. I personally feel that the beta has a lot of issues that could easily be fixed with patches to make the game amazing. The 1st issue I have is the lag. I understand its a beta/demo and they are tweaking settings to make it right. I don't understand why the game has been in development for such a long time and it lags as much as it does. You would think they would have been testing the online servers for a while now.

Secondly, I think the grenades, sensor grenades, and most parts of the intel loop are over powered. It seems the game has a ton of grenade spam around objectives and if you have a team of players that normally play together using sensor grenades you don't have a chance in the world to come back and win. Also, the game seems to have a huge host advantage. I actually could tell I got host in one match and I could take bullets like crazy. I would be getting shot in the back and I could turn and take out the enemy in just a few shots. Even though it was an advantage for me, I dislike host advantage. It allows one person to run the show in multiplayer matches. The last issues I have with the beta are spawn camping, graphic issue, and frame rate that seems to drop below 30 fps from time to time.

Judging a entire game based on a beta is not right. I based BF3 on the beta and didn't purchase it because the beta was horrible. I am a huge fan of the original Ghost Recon so I want this game to succeed for nostalgic reasons as well as I want to see Ghost Recon games release in the future. I hope it sells a ton of copies and scores high on metacritic.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

Here's the thing. Beta's have issues...stuff you can't hold against the full game. And this game looks damn impressive imo. But bottomline, UBI has to really follow-up on all that beta data and have those servers sorted when the game drops, along with all the balance and spawn fixes etc. Their track record with the Clancy games suggests otherwise unfortunately.

Got no faith in this company as far as post launch support, but I really hope that changes. I have a ton of friends who wanna play the hell outta this, but we're all concerned about the server stability, and the progress gained or not from the beta test. We'll see. Still very excited in general, I voted 'love it', and it looks like the GR we've wanted for a long time.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Glad the too see that nobody hates the beta. Lol.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

I tried it on PS3 and hated it. Then I gave it a shot on 360 because I thought my issue might have been with the dualshock (I hate it for shooters) and I was right. I like it a lot so far.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By wardcleaver

B.

I like the general gameplay ideas, but the lag and host advantage kills some of the enjoyment. I am assuming UBI is using the beta to tweak these areas.

Soldier class + host advantage / lag=virtually unstoppable killing machine. I emptied an entire clip of my assualt rifle, and all of my pistol rounds, on a Soldier who had his back to me and he turned around and killed me.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

network issues definitely need to be addressed, matchmaking hasn't been pleasant.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy

When does the beta end?

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By uberexplodey

@Cloudenvy: May 2nd

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

@UberExplodey said:

@Cloudenvy: May 2nd

Great, thanks! that means I have a lot of time to forget to download it and then miss out.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By intro

@wardcleaver said:

lag and host advantage

Now I'm not buying it.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spitznock

As I said in another thread, the only thing holding the game back from being an enjoyable experience for me personally are the horrendous maps they've included in the beta.

If they could get some good, expansive maps in there with multiple potential spawn locations for the two teams, the game could be fantastic. While Mill can be playable, I've yet to find a match on Pipeline that hasn't just been one team camping the other's spawn the entire match.

I'm sure with a well coordinated premade team, problems such as spawn-camping might not be as big of an issue, but for someone like me who doesn't have a full posse to roll around with in online games, premades are not an option. (I'm not sure if you've realized, but random pugs of folks in online games hate working together.)

Cellardoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cellardoor

@gla55jAw: Tried to find it on Marketplace last night and I couldn't find it. PS3 has major issues so far, but it is when it works.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By gla55jAw

@Cellardoor said:

@gla55jAw: Tried to find it on Marketplace last night and I couldn't find it. PS3 has major issues so far, but it is when it works.

It's not on the Marketplace. You have to put in a copy of Splinter Cell Conviction, go to extras, hit X to download it. Then it will be in your games as a Demo.

S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By S0mewh4tD4m4ged

After playing the game last night I am very close to canceling my preorder. The lag, not being able to spawn, disconnections from servers, overuse of sensor grenades/frag grenades, camping, spawn camping, and times where you can't even connect to a match; make this game horrible. I have been excited about GRFS for years now and I am a huge Tom Clancy fan but this is killing me. I dunno weather to keep my preorder just for single player and hope they fix multiplayer or cancel it because it is too far gone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.