Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

Tom Clancy's HAWX put the player in a variety of aircraft and their goal is to defend various countries from foreign attack

Anybody Playing This?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I've got the ol' review copy on the go and I don't know what to think of it. I think it makes a nice change to be playing a combat game in the sky and I quite like the accessibility of it all. But it seems a bit slow paced and repetitive. I've nearly beat the game now and I'm no closer to coming to a conclusion.

The gun fights feel fun but not nearly "epic" enough. The co-op mode is brilliant. Graphics are great up high and shit down low.

It's a real mixed bag.

Did anyone get it? Enjoy it? Hate it? Etc.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I enjoyed the demo, so I'm interested in playing the full game. But I'm not playing it, as of right now.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I think about 6 people bought it. I was considering it, but I backed out.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I'll wait till it's gone down to the Ubisoft price which is 30 bucks and under. The game looks alright but just comes off as a poor man's Ace Combat, if you want a good "Air Combat" game pick that up and bask in it's awesome story and voice acting.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By kush

I enjoyed the demo, but I already own Ace Combat 6 and didn't find enough differences to warrant a $60 purchase. I may have considered picking it up if I had some other friends interested in co-op, but that would be a negative. It will probably drop the $40 relatively soon anyways...

RIP_Icewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RIP_Icewood

I found the demo pretty enjoyable but I wouldnt pay fulll retail price for any flight sim. Just not my genre.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb

I haven't played the game, or even the demo for that matter, and I'm not the biggest fan of air combat games; yet, regardless of the game's quality, I'm making it a matter of principle not to buy any more of the Tom Clancy games from hereon out, and that includes H.A.W.X.. Mr. Clancy never had any significant involvement with "his" games, and now he has none considering that he sold his name to the duders over at Ubisoft to use as they see fit. And that's pathetic. Not to mention the absolutely ridiculous acronym the game has adapted. High Altitude Warfare...X? That's so terrible it's comical.

In this day and age, the only way I would buy an air combat game would be if it was a new Crimson Skies game. Because, in all srsnus, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge is possibly the best air combat game to date, and one of the best Xbox games in general. It's cool to see what the devs' from Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge are doing with Dark Void, a game that is a quasi-spiritual successor to CS: HRtR and a game that definitely has some promise.

I'd love to read your review, sammy. If only for the chance to confirm my suspicions of the outstanding mediocrity that is Ubisoft's Tom Clancy push. I'd also like to read  it because...well, hey, this is GiantBomb! Mi GB es su GB. Community is communital, yes? :D

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By mikevanpwn

I have high hopes for this game.  I just received it today through Gamefly and am going to put it in my 360 pretty soon.  I had just returned Ace Combat 6 actually and didn't care for it all, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy this one better.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Funzzo

I will be buying PC version.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By RedSox8933

according to jeff, it crashes a lot, i don't think i will be getting it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PureRok

I pre-purchased it off of Steam a few days ago. Runs wonderfully with my joystick on the demo.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

If it's not a flight sim then I won't get it.  I don't like the project gotham type games that look realistic but just feel dumbed down and simplified. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah I got it.  Got the flghstick too.  Just a great experience, especially in co-op with the stick, big difference.  Guess not many people will invest but fans of the tom clancy series of games, expecially Ghost Recon and flight combat games should check it out.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animateria

I guess its more, AC4,5 and Zero for me (Got no 360), the review put me off on buying it.        :'(

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End War, HAWX....new franchises aren't working out too well for the Tom Clancy games.

Outlaw1954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Outlaw1954

As  far i can tell from playing ONLINE with the H A W X pc version is... co - op missions are  non existant  ,either no server or no intrest and the only thing i see thats working barely between crashes is Death Matches ..mindless flying in circles and missle jousting. Graphics  are quite good but nothing fantastic many levels and ranks to achive in basic offline missions with 2 wingmen but alot of bugs for some . the.joystick deadzone issue / online( HAWX .exe error) crash to desktop etc etc  ....one patch is out already and they're going to need alot more fixes for this to be bareable to me for much longer..My advise  leave it alone till the price drops and the fixes are figured out!...Not me..I just had to have it..had to have it... lol

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb
    RedSox8933 said:
    "according to jeff, it crashes a lot, i don't think i will be getting it."
    The PS3 version is fine mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.