Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Realistic Difficulty Achievement

Iireku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Iireku

I played through the entire single player campaign on realistic and while I got the achievements for beating the individual scenes, I didn't get the Realistic Difficulty achievement.  Is it a glitch, or what?

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iron_Past

Look through the 'Scene Select' on the Main Menu and make sure all the areas were cleared on Realistic. I'm pretty sure the game bumped my difficulty down at one point without me noticing, but whether it was a weird restart glitch or because I was failing an area multiple times, I don't know.

Nickolas_Moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nickolas_Moore

Same thing happened to me, I've played through twice on realistic and still no achievement...

kingjulesxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By kingjulesxii

That sounds pretty fishy. I never heard of a game that bumps your difficulty down without telling you. 

I'm having a similar problem; I cleared an entire map on Hunter mode without ever getting detected (realistic mode) and the achievement never unlocked. Luckily there are another five maps, so I might as well try again while beating those.  

Iireku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Iireku
    @Iron_Past said:
    " Look through the 'Scene Select' on the Main Menu and make sure all the areas were cleared on Realistic. I'm pretty sure the game bumped my difficulty down at one point without me noticing, but whether it was a weird restart glitch or because I was failing an area multiple times, I don't know. "
    Yup, I looked at scene select and all of them had three dots checked, so if the game did bump down the difficulty, I have no clue where.
    Iireku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iireku

Just got the achievement, and the only thing I did different was play the game start to finish in one sitting on realistic.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Iireku said:
    " Just got the achievement, and the only thing I did different was play the game start to finish in one sitting on realistic. "
    will not do that, lol. Takes too much time, short as the campaign is.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

Beat most of the game on realistic before I noticed the game auto dropped the difficulty on a couple of missions. Just wrapped those up on realistic and still no achievement =/

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Evilsbane

That is some major BS that the game turns the difficulty down without informing you.

Turkfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Turkfinn

There were issues like this with Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well.  Sucks that people are getting this glitched out on them. 

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By chrjz

I'm playing it on realistic right now and I sure as shit hope I don't have this issue.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By MayorFeedback

It's a completely common issue, a known bug. I read on the Ubi forums that anyone playing with the game connected an XBOX connected to the Internet is having the same problem. Apparently the only solution right now is to unplug your ethernet cable or wi-fi and play the entire game again on Realistic. Stupid. Still, mods over there say that Ubisoft knows about it and is working on it. I just hope it's retroactive.

Melvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Melvis

I got it without any issues, played through most of the game offline. 
    Worst comes to worst at least this Ubisoft is working on it.  That 970 I got from Dark Void still mocks me.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RsistncE

I got screwed out of it also. I hope that the achievement is retroactive when they fix it...although in reality I'll probably end up playing through the campaign at least once more although it could be a while before I get around to it since there's so much other content in the game.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Andorski

The forums on xbox360achievements.org has threads about this achievement being possibly glitched.

Avatar image for thecappuccinobandit
    TheCappuccinoBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the exactly the same problem I defiantly played through the whole campaign on realistic and it didn't give me the achievement. I went on the Ubisoft support forums and people are thinking its related to the update they put out. Some people are clearing their cache and playing through the whole campaign again on realistic offline and it is working!

Dan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dan64

Worked for me, maybe it's something to do with the patch or whatever.

jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By jos1ah

LOVE it when a big game like this has about the rudest possible achievement glitch. Notice the sarcasm. I've got this game next on my list and I guess I can forget about realistic.
    lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By lethalki11ler

Got it on first try :s

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mesklinite

Worked for me.
    Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Darksaw

I heard of this glitch but didn't know of any solution at the time, so I did my first playthrough in one sitting on Realistic. It unlocked.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MayorFeedback

Official, from Ubisoft: 

"Hi Guys,

We’re working hard on eliminating the bug that is preventing people from getting the “Realistic Difficulty” achievement for Splinter Cell Conviction (Complete Single Player Story on Realistic Difficulty). 

While we can’t discuss timing right now we can confirm that this issue will be fixed in the next title update for SCC. 

The fix will automatically detect if you’ve already finished the game on Realistic difficulty and award you with the missing achievement. This means you will not need to play through the single-player campaign a second time after the update comes out, it’ll all be handled automatically.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.  " 

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/7661093458

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hourai

I hope they fix it soon before I have to bring it back. I don't want to have played Realistic for nothing.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#24  Edited By yevinorion

I got the game the day after it came out, it had a title update, I installed that and then installed it to my HDD. Played through it from start to finish on Realistic and got the achievement.

I hope you guys get the fix soon, I know how rough it can be to put in all that work and not have anything to show for it. Not that realistic is super hard, just has a few tedious spots.

Nelez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nelez

Probably the fix fixes more than necessary 'cause I got this achievement after entering the menu for the very first time, without even playing once...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.