Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Stadium

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 20, 2013

TrackMania 2 gets a proper Stadium setting with this expansion.

Drifting Tips

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So I've played Stadium for almost 20 hours now, and the only thing really holding me back is the drifting. Anybody have any tips on how to drift properly? I can do it, but it seems that there are countless others who can speed by me on sharp turns. I manage to do well considering I can't drift properly, but it's still super frustrating!

My current strategy is simply tapping the brake enough that I make the turn, but I don't bump into it. I also take into account what trajectory would best keep my car under control during the turn, and I try to use dips in the road to create a real drift where I'm actually sliding around the turn. In the past, I was letting off of the gas a lot to make it around turns, but I find that I get much better times if I avoid that entirely.

PistonHyundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Letting off the gas is actually pretty useful for the less sharp, yet high speed turns. When you're coming across the sharper high-speed turns, it's good to get the drift going early (the dips are really good for that, like on the last turn of A15). After a certain point, though, you usually want to just brake for some turns, depending on how tight they are. Also, this probably goes without saying, but the space bar is preferable to the down arrow for drifting, if you're using default controls. I'm not really a drift master, so some of the other players can probably help you better than I can, but I hope this helps you out a bit. If you need practice, you can save some of the more drift-heavy maps on the GB servers.

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I'm playing with the Xbox controller, but I'm assuming that both spacebar and down arrow are bound to brake? Thanks for the tips.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.