Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Turn 10 Studios

Company »

Turn 10 studios is a Washington-based internal developer for Xbox Game Studios. Founded in 2001, they are exclusively known for their work on the Forza Motorsport series.

What's With All The Hate For Turn 10 Lately?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

God damn I go on sites, 4 channel, System Wars, Digg, and other sites...and I see so much hate towards Turn 10 and the Forza 3 Demo.

Turn 10 didn't say anything and the community has been fueling this war.  

GT5 is confirmed to be 2010 Racing GOTY...so why even compare the games now?

No other racing game is even good this year but Forza 3...why are people bitching about Turn 10 lying and stuff?

From what I played, it's a pretty solid racing game...please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't see why there's this "war".

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " They're ignorant fucks. "
    What did they even do?  They made a solid racer...it's not mind blowing but it's 100% better than all the other racers out this year.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

HOLY SHIT I BROKE THE INTERNET! 

It was some quote they said, and it really struck a nerve.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " HOLY SHIT I BROKE THE INTERNET!  It was some quote they said, and it really struck a nerve. "
    What was the quote
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

It's the nature of party allegiances. If it was a free, independent studio, they would be loved by all.

FM3 isn't as awesome as it's said to be, but it's not bad by any means.

edit: damn acronyms... Forza 3 is gonna look like either Fallout 3 or Front Mission 3 no matter what.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Drebin_893
    @CL60 said:
    " @Drebin_893 said:
    " HOLY SHIT I BROKE THE INTERNET!  It was some quote they said, and it really struck a nerve. "
    What was the quote "
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I didn't actually remember. It was just something really crass.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond
    @KaosAngel said:
    God damn I go on sites
    @KaosAngel said:
    4 channel, System Wars

Because those places have lots of rational mature people acting mature on purpose.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

Can't say I understand any hate to Turn 10 let alone most game companies. What hate exactly? What are they targeting specifically?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andorski

Yea... they had a quote saying that no other racing game available is years within the tech that Forza 3 has.  I'm not sure if that is the exact quote, but I remember thinking that they worded the statement in a way that excludes GT5.  Technically... GT5 isn't out yet, so Forza 3 should be the most tecnically advanced game out right now.  Of course, technology always advances and Forza 3 will inevitably be eclipsed by other racing games that are released afterward.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By evanbrau

Went on some of the mentioned forums looking for the complaints. How people can say this game looks bad is way beyond me, I think it looks gorgeous and plays brilliantly. When GT5 comes out it probably will look better but I'd chalk any anti Turn 10 sentiment to be from fanboys and the usual internet children.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

I'm here to say You're all wrong and NFS Shift will have the best subwoofer sound design of the three. Those who own a bass chair can feel the engine, grip, and rumble strips/curbing/offroad when using Dolby Digital in Shift, unlike Forza 3. We'll see about GT5, but I dunno.

FLAMESSS!!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

WTF IS GOING WRONG WITH THIS THREAD?!  SHIT ISN'T IN ORDER!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has been noticing...O_O

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MrKlorox said:
    " I'm here to say You're all wrong and NFS Shift will have the best subwoofer sound design of the three. Those who own a bass chair can feel the engine, grip, and rumble strips/curbing/offroad when using Dolby Digital in Shift, unlike Forza 3. We'll see about GT5, but I dunno.  FLAMESSS!! "
    Too bad SHIFT isn't a good game...
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By AndrewB

This thread looks really funny with the wrong post as the 1st post xD

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CL60
    @KaosAngel said:
    " WTF IS GOING WRONG WITH THIS THREAD?!  SHIT ISN'T IN ORDER!  Please tell me I'm not the only one who has been noticing...O_O "
    What are you talking about? The top poster not being you? It''s a common bug that has been reported many times =/
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrKlorox

Plus when two posts are in one minute, it could confuse them. Not sure if it's alphabetically or what.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrKlorox
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    " I'm here to say You're all wrong and NFS Shift will have the best subwoofer sound design of the three. Those who own a bass chair can feel the engine, grip, and rumble strips/curbing/offroad when using Dolby Digital in Shift, unlike Forza 3. We'll see about GT5, but I dunno.  FLAMESSS!! "
    Too bad SHIFT isn't a good game... "
    But it has a great feature that all racing sims should have
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK

They said something like "it could have been better but we didn't bother" or somehting like that regarding the graphics. Personally i don't care, forza 3 is excellent from what i've been playing in the edmo

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tiwi

I love the pie!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ajamafalous
    @AndrewB said:
    " This thread looks really funny with the wrong post as the 1st post xD "
    Until I got to here, I actually thought the OP just supported his thread with "They're ignorant fucks."
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By xyzygy

I haven't heard anything about this, and what people are saying here are just word of mouth and heard it through the grapevine. I can't understand why people would say the demo is bad, either. It's really great. GT5 is going to be great too. Everyone needs to calm down about F3 vs. GT5.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Brunchies

Why are people starting to hate turn 10, the game was good from what I played. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @crunchUK said:

" They said something like "it could have been better but we didn't bother" or somehting like that regarding the graphics. Personally i don't care, forza 3 is excellent from what i've been playing in the edmo "

Well that does sound a little arrogant but it does look like a great game (and I'm sure it plays well). But who cares? If Forza 3 does sell in large numbers then they could say whatever they damn wish for the time being.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " @crunchUK said:

" They said something like "it could have been better but we didn't bother" or somehting like that regarding the graphics. Personally i don't care, forza 3 is excellent from what i've been playing in the edmo "

Well that does sound a little arrogant but it does look like a great game (and I'm sure it plays well). But who cares? If Forza 3 does sell in large numbers then they could say whatever they damn wish for the time being. "
    they make forza it's hard for them not to sound arrogant
    Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ken420

What's the fuss, there will always be room for improvement.  So Turn10 didn't want to devote 5 years to perfecting graphics, big deal.  The cars look & sound realistic... the included track was bright and vibrant... the drift course video looked amazing...  to say the demo isn't good & to vent anger at Turn10 over a minor comment is mind-boggling.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By yakov456

Meh look around, just as many people hate on polyphony. It's all about who you talk to.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#27  Edited By TobyD81
    @Andorski said:
    " Yea... they had a quote saying that no other racing game available is years within the tech that Forza 3 has.  I'm not sure if that is the exact quote, but I remember thinking that they worded the statement in a way that excludes GT5.  Technically... GT5 isn't out yet, so Forza 3 should be the most tecnically advanced game out right now.  Of course, technology always advances and Forza 3 will inevitably be eclipsed by other racing games that are released afterward. "
    Yeah, like Forza 4 and GT 6. Not trying to snark you personally, I just think it's silly for people to get so uptight about which racing game currently has the best tech, when it's usually going to be the most current one. Sounds like Turn 10's point is valid and the fanboys need to settle down. I can't wait for Forza 3, and when GT 5 comes I'll probably dig that too. What's the point of giving yourself to only one game when so many beautiful games are out there?
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I don't really like driving sims, but if I had to choose one it would be Forza.
    That make you feel better?

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PJ
    @Andorski said:
    " Yea... they had a quote saying that no other racing game available is years within the tech that Forza 3 has.  I'm not sure if that is the exact quote, but I remember thinking that they worded the statement in a way that excludes GT5.  Technically... GT5 isn't out yet, so Forza 3 should be the most tecnically advanced game out right now.  Of course, technology always advances and Forza 3 will inevitably be eclipsed by other racing games that are released afterward. "
    Well thats true, even when GT5 comes out. Whit that they arent talking about the graphics but their physics model. For instance they went to a tier manifacturing company(I think it was goodyear or bridgestone but i can be wrong) and copyd their simulation of tier ware and how it acts when cornering and crazy shit like that. Thats tech that no game, not even GT5 has. Turn 10 has made the most advanced physics engine for a driving game and thats what they are refering to whit that statement.
    Now GT5 will look better, thats fact. But going by the GT5P the physics engine in the game isnt a major focus since it was practically broaken(pretty sure they will have fixed it in the final game) or unrealistic at spots.

So in short, they arent saying that Forza 3 is technical perfection, what they are saying is that Forza 3 has tech that no one else in this industry has, and thats true.

Also as a small note: What the hell is wrong whit ppl? Have they never heard a company boast about their game saying that they are doing something no one ever has before or this is the best its ever been? What the fuck, every company does this. They are trying to sell a product, get over it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.