Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Great way to make sure your game Bombs...Giantly.

• 65 results
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ryanwho
    @Evilsbane: You're being sarcastic but yeah, the the whole idea that these two games are going to cut into each other right after Christmas when most people got money is pretty stupid of you. Big of you to admit it. In the meantime look up the term counterprogramming.
    Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Rek503

It happens all the time. Like when Alan Wake got completely over-shadowed by Red Dead Redemption.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Evilsbane:  But see most people can't afford to buy both on the day they release. So naturally, those people are going to go with the game they find more interesting. Since RPG's and Action/Horror games are such different genres, it shouldn't be a hard choice.
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By jozzy

I think Two Worlds 2 is not a game that will make a big splash on day one, regardless of release slot. The first game in the series was poorly recieved, I doubt it has a big marketing campaign, and it sure isn't building much hype atm. If it's good, it might get good sales over time due to word of mouth.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Bigandtasty

If a game is obscure enough, it's possible it may even benefit from releasing alongside a major game with millions of dollars in marketing.

It's hard to say whether TWII will be that obscure or whether Dead Space 2 will be that important. But Activision doesn't seem to mind releasing a Cabela's game on the same date as a Halo game (they've done it for H3, ODST and Reach now).

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Evilsbane said:

" @Dany said:

" You are over estimating Dead Space 2's influence. I doubt anyone would budge if they had their date the same day in Dead Space 2. "
    @GlenTennis said:
    " @Dany said:
    " You are over estimating Dead Space 2's influence. "
    "
    I stated that Dead Space 2 Isnt some machine that will break the sales records But its a pretty fucking big game, it has a big following more so than I even thought, its gonna have a very nice release day and week But regardless lets talk about the topic, why release your game on the same day as another huge release? "
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/6-/PreOrderChart.html  

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/6-/PreOrderChart.html 

It's the top two pre-orders on PS3 and the second on 360. The lists are similar on Amazon, too. I don't think he's over-estimating anything. Dead Space 2 is, at the very least, going to be the biggest January release.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CptBedlam
    @Evilsbane:  Yeah right, two games with totally different genres...

This is not Blur vs Split/Second or Enslaved vs Castlevania.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By emem
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " @Evilsbane:  But see most people can't afford to buy both on the day they release. So naturally, those people are going to go with the game they find more interesting. Since RPG's and Action/Horror games are such different genres, it shouldn't be a hard choice. "
    People can't play both games at the same time either, so I'd get the one I prefer and maybe get the other one a few weeks later. There are buyers for both games just like you wrote, but I would guess that the numbers always go down a little bit when there's another "interesting" game released at around the same time. 

And like I stated before I think Dead Space 2 is probably the least "threatening" game this year to share the release date or even the same month with.. but we will never find out. :)
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By hexx462
    @Evilsbane said:

" I didn't think it was either but all the hype around the games release just made me think it had gotten popular, I guess I am just an idiot for thinking people played games of different genres but I am apparently one of few who do. "

You more or less seem irritated that no one flat out agreed with you. Plenty of people pointed out why it wasn't a poor decision and your vast overestimation of the Dead Space franchise. I'd say a lot of the GB community enjoys games regardless of genre, no need to be a mopey bastard about.

Though color me surprised that are people actually hyped for Two Worlds 2, I had no idea it was even coming out.  

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jimbo

Dead Space 2 isn't that big a deal and they're totally different games.  I really don't think it's gonna be much of an issue.  

Dead Space 1 only sold ~1.5M copies in its first 6 months.  Two Worlds 2 has already sold one million copies and it hasn't even come out in the US or UK yet.  That said, I don't expect TW2 to review particularly well in the US press (where polish is king), so if it does end up continuing to sell well, it'll probably be more of a slow burn / word of mouth thing rather than a Launch Day blitz.

I think they've been pretty smart tbh.  Once they'd missed their September date, they were right to postpone the UK/US launch into 2011 rather than go up against Fable 3 and New Vegas (that really would have sunk them), and they've still managed to comfortably avoid Dragon Age 2 (ditto).  They've also effectively given themselves the opportunity to use the EU launch as a 2-3 month Beta in preparation for the US/UK launch, which should result in more of that all-important polish.

SmallCaveGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SmallCaveGames

I can only speak for myself here, but I usually only can swing enough hours for 1 major AAA game.    And these are both on my radar, so I may very well only grab one, play it for a bit, and then look around for what else is there.  
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By Evilsbane
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Evilsbane: You're being sarcastic but yeah, the the whole idea that these two games are going to cut into each other right after Christmas when most people got money is pretty stupid of you. Big of you to admit it. In the meantime look up the term counterprogramming. "
    Damn your an asshole and I mean that in the best of ways.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By Evilsbane
    @hexx462 said:
    " @Evilsbane said:

" I didn't think it was either but all the hype around the games release just made me think it had gotten popular, I guess I am just an idiot for thinking people played games of different genres but I am apparently one of few who do. "

You more or less seem irritated that no one flat out agreed with you. Plenty of people pointed out why it wasn't a poor decision and your vast overestimation of the Dead Space franchise. I'd say a lot of the GB community enjoys games regardless of genre, no need to be a mopey bastard about.

Though color me surprised that are people actually hyped for Two Worlds 2, I had no idea it was even coming out.  

"
    I wanted to talk about Small games getting overshadowed by a larger release not if Dead Space was popular, but I am not in the least bit irritated I learned a lot from this thread most of the post were constructive and I got my answer, that apparently it wasn't a stupid idea to release them on the same day Thread Accomplished! And I am not Mopey ...any sarcasm or Perceived "mopeyness" just isn't there I don't roll that way duder.
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By hexx462
    @Evilsbane said:
    I wanted to talk about Small games getting overshadowed by a larger release not if Dead Space was popular, but I am not in the least bit irritated I learned a lot from this thread most of the post were constructive and I got my answer, that apparently it wasn't a stupid idea to release them on the same day Thread Accomplished! And I am not Mopey ...any sarcasm or Perceived "mopeyness" just isn't there I don't roll that way duder. "
    The phrase "I guess I must be an idiot...but I'm apparently one of the few" is just grating. Tonally it sets busts my "OMFGSTFU" meter, which I will admit is set off quite easily. Is it really surprising that  Dead Space 2 might overshadow the sequel to a game that was generally loathed? Also by merely starting this thread you did call for the discussion of Dead Spaces popularity.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Karkarov

What is really funny about this thread is that they delayed the PC version of TW2 to 2/08/11 so if you were getting it on PC it actually didn't release on the same day as Dead Space 2 anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.