Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Submissions?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By papercut

I'm playing the demo and I can't for the life of me get a submission. Any luck out there?

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dimsey

I managed to get one as Shogun before, was late third round so both of us were pretty worn.
    I haven't had much luck in future attempts.
    My bro playing as Liddel seems pretty good at getting them.
    Seldom seems to matter. Usually by the time I think to go for a submission one of us is knocked the heck out.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PercyChuggs

Keep in mind that Shogun has 1 career submission victory, and Chuck has never been tapped out.

I've gotten 3 or 4 as Shogun, a couple on Advanced difficulty. You really need to wear Chuck down with some leg kicks, then a takedown and GNP before slapping a sub on him. I've found going into the clinch, then dropping down into full guard, pulling rubber guard, and then using the triangle choke is the best method.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By papercut
    PercyChuggs said:
    "Keep in mind that Shogun has 1 career submission victory, and Chuck has never been tapped out.
    That.....might have something to do with it.

I turned on the stamina bar to see how things work and it looks like you need to end the sub with the opponent having 0 stamina. I think that the submission system is kinda janky....or its just the characters in it that make it seem that way. I dunno

O, and do you mash the buttons, or rotate the right stick?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60
    papercut said:
    "PercyChuggs said:
    "Keep in mind that Shogun has 1 career submission victory, and Chuck has never been tapped out.
    That.....might have something to do with it. I turned on the stamina bar to see how things work and it looks like you need to end the sub with the opponent having 0 stamina. I think that the submission system is kinda janky....or its just the characters in it that make it seem that way. I dunnoO, and do you mash the buttons, or rotate the right stick?"
    There is a tutorial you know.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PercyChuggs

I do what GameSpot's Brian Ekberg does. I put the stick in the center of my palm and just do circles. Much faster than just using your thumb.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    PercyChuggs said:
    "I do what GameSpot's Brian Ekberg does. I put the stick in the center of my palm and just do circles. Much faster than just using your thumb."
    I thought everybody did that.
    Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shocker
    CL60 said:
    PercyChuggs said: "I do what GameSpot's Brian Ekberg does. I put the stick in the center of my palm and ... [more]
    Yeah, that's what I do.
    Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

Ever time I get in side control I always go for the Kimora, and every time it gets reversed, I need to focus on the tutorial I guess. But at least its not the PS2 versions, then it was strike, strike, fall down, wrench arm, done, ding ding ding!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.