Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

Why does this game get so much crap when everyone's doing it?

• 66 results
    DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

Why are so many people upset that this game is coming out with extra features that arguably should have been there in the first place when there are tons of other companies that are way worse with the nickle and dimming of there customers, such as Little Big Planet ($5.99 for 5 costumes!), Uncharted 3 (fortune hunters club), Gears of War 3, Portal 2, Infamous 2, Forza, Dead Space, Mortal Kombat, the list goes on and on. Why was there such a backlash to this game was announced? Everyone's doing it, why single out just one company.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

All of those games had that content as optional DLC, the Marvel VS Capcom thing is being released on disc, as a full price game. And it hasn't even been a full year since Marvel VS Capcom 3 came out, thats why.

Klarion18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Klarion18
    @Hizang said:

All of those games had that content as optional DLC, the Marvel VS Capcom thing is being released on disc, as a full price game. And it hasn't even been a full year since Marvel VS Capcom 3 came out, thats why.

And to add they did it with Super Street Fighter 4 and Dead Rising 2:Off The Record. 
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Hizang said:

Its 40 bucks new not 60 like other full priced games are, but other than that, I agree. 
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By awesomeusername

@DarthOrange: Because Capcom is turning evil!

Seriously, I think a lot of people were pissed that they cancelled Mega Man Legends and green lit this. Also, they do the same shit with Street Fighter 4. Also, other games don't do that unless it's a GOTY edition. Uncharted 3 and Gears have the seasons pass, the fortunes hunters club and such, which give you all the DLC for a discount which isn't what Ultimate MvC does. LBP2 shouldn't even be here because seriously, you're crazy if you buy 5 costumes for 6 bucks. Portal 2 does none of this, the game just got one free DLC. inFAMOUS 2's the Festival of Blood is a stand alone game. Dead Space has map packs, a campaign DLC and different armor. Mortal Kombat just has DLC characters. Forza just came out and blablabla. Nothing here makes sense.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarthOrange

@awesomeusername:

Have you seen dlc available for infamous 2? New weapons, costumes, and missions available for a price (just check the psn store). The festival of blood thing is its own separate beast and looks fantastic.

Portal 2 has tons of day one costumes that pissed people off.

Also speaking of incomplete games coming out with complete versions within the year....

No Caption Provided
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vade

Anyone remotely competitive with fighting games has literally no choice but to buy the new version when it's out. MvC3 will be dead immediately after the release of UMvC3.

@Hizang said:

And it hasn't even been a full year since Marvel VS Capcom 3 came out, thats why.

Also pretty much this and it's disc only.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

@DarthOrange: inFAMOUS 2 has different weapon skins, that's all I know. I don't know about the Portal 2 costumes but I don't know why people would be mad about costumes. L.A. Noire is basically a GOTY edition. It has all the DLC on one disc and people say Ultimate MvC has things that can be included in an update. As I said, nothing you said makes sense. DLC is made to be purchased and is optional. You do NOT have to buy it. Ultimate MvC is basically making you pay for an update. L.A. Noire isn't an update. Get it?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarthOrange

@awesomeusername:

The tone you write in makes you come off as kind of an a-hole. the point i was trying to make was never that capcom was innocent, but that others were just as bad. It appears you just don't get it.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By awesomeusername

@DarthOrange: UMvC has things that can be put in an update but Capcom doesn't want to do it. All those other games you stated have DLC, which isn't needed to fix up the game. Capcom likes releasing second and third versions of the same games they release a few months back because they're greedy idiots. You shouldn't have to pay $40 for a game that has things that can be put in an update. It's flat out stupid and greedy.

I don't have an asshole tone. Your post is just stupid. I'm sorry but that's the way it is. I don't see Epic, Naughty Dog, Valve or EA releasing a new version of a game they just made. Do you? No. They make updates to their games, not release an entire new game because they don't feel like doing an update. Your post is more of a day 1 DLC or buying DLC before it comes out issue, which has nothing to do with UMvC.

As I said before, you shouldn't have to pay $40 for a game that has things that can be put in an update and this thread makes absolutely zero sense.

DLC doesn't have to be in those games you stated because they're basically bonus features. You don't have to buy them and they weren't planned to be in the game because the game is already finished or they were scrapped additions or whatever else you can think of. Having to pay for an entire new game for some balancing issues can be fixed is bullshit. If you can't put those differences in your head, then I don't know what to tell you. It's clear as day to everyone, I don't know how you can compare post release, pre-planned and regular DLC to re-releasing a game that just has a few characters and some issues fixed.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer

@awesomeusername: So you think you should get 12 new characters, 8 new (modified) stages, and a massive new gameplay mode as an update?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DarthOrange

@awesomeusername:

Pretty much this.

@StarvingGamer said:

@awesomeusername: So you think you should get 12 new characters, 8 new (modified) stages, and a massive new gameplay mode as an update?

Also awesomeusername you use the word "half to" a bunch of times, you don't have to do anything. Also you totally write with the tone of a douche bag.

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Colt

I'm not part of the Capcom hate but I still totally understand it.. How can you compare games that release DLC to what's happening here? I bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 the day it came out, hell I preordered the special edition. Now I'm told I need to get UMvC3 if I want the new characters and modes etc.. well what about the one I already bought? It's useless once the new one comes out. Normally a company will release DLC or updates and they just add to what you already have.. even the majority of rereleased GOTY editions just include all the DLC in case you already own it.. this tells you to disregard something you bought and buy the new one.

It would have even been acceptable if it were a year or two since MvC3 but it was about 6 months after UMvC3 got announced. As much as I dont like seeing people bitch about how the company is evil and money hungry.. every time I see someone jump to their side it seems more and more like theyre crazy in denial that this is a good idea. Even to the point where anyone who disagrees writes in the tone of a douche bag?

This isnt the most condemning move a company can make, especially one that makes as good games as Capcom does.. but it is a dick move. And yea, I'm still gonna get it because it is a good deal.. but I'll feel like a sheep doing it and for that I say WTH CAPCOM?? WTH!?!

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BionicRadd

If theyd released all the content on UMVC3 as DLC, it would have been multiple packs that added up to at least 40 bucks, if not more. Same is true for SSFIV. 12 additional characters alone would have been 3, possibly 4 DLC packs at 10 to 15 bucks each. That doesnt even take into account balance tweaks and new modes.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Azteck

Because they outright said it would be DLC supported, and wouldn't take the path of SF4

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By scarace360

BECAUSE IT WAS 6 FUCKING MONTHS 6 MONTHS!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Colt: Capcom is simply doing what PC developers have been doing for decades, releasing an expansion pack. Even you admit that this is a good deal which means you realize that if it was released as DLC we most likely would have ended up with less content for an equivalent or higher price-tag. The only difference is that this Capcom expansion pack doesn't require you to already own the original game.

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Colt

You dont seem to get that thats the point. People dont like being told something they bought is useless and can just be thrown out now.. It would have cost more in DLC sure but why did I buy the first game in the first place??

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Azteck: The only DLC support Capcom ever mentioned were the 2 new characters, shadow mode, DLC costumes, and the possibility that they would look into a spectator mode. The first 3 things happened and the last one was never guaranteed. Any further DLC expectations only existed in the imaginations of the players.

@scarace360: Feb 15 - Nov 15 = 6 months?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Because after 10 years of wishing for a new MvC game, game 'enthusiasts' hate when more games get made.

If they want to add 12 characters and 8(?) stages every 9 months for 40 bucks, I'm probably there everytime (depends on the characters).

I love this idea that releasing a sequel/expansion/update means you can't play older versions at any point. You know how all those copies of Street Fighter 2 stopped working when 3 came out.

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Colt

You guys look so in denial its ridiculous.

@StarvingGamer: 6 months from release to announcement, yes.

Add ons are great because they ADD ON. This is selling me everything I already bought with some add ons. It was a cute tradition for Capcom to rerelease things 5 times, but that was back when the gaming industry wasnt what it is today. Now they shouldnt be able to get away with this without a huge backlash. I'm not complaining about getting new content or anything about the games and I'll play along.. but that doesnt mean you have to turn a blind eye to how hard the corporation is screwing you.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By carlthenimrod

My biggest complaint is that MvC 3 felt like a unfinished product. Just compare the single-player aspect to something like Mortal Kombat. It only had Arcade mode which featured a total of two still pictures for completing it with each character. MK had a full on Story Mode and on top of that the Arcade endings still had more thought put into them.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King

Because people hate things that they liked before. Although to be more reasonable, it could be in the timing.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Colt: Ok, suppose this was offered as as add-on to MvC3. Given current DLC pricing for fighting games you're looking at 12 characters at $45-60 total. Basically $5 each or packs of 4 for $15. Then there are 8 new stages which I could easily see in packs of 4 for $5 each. Add to that Heroes & Heralds mode which could easily be offered for $10. Now supposing they throw in spectator mode for free you're already looking at $60 minimum for all the new content. And with the game staying on the existing disc, they likely wouldn't have had the motivation to do the massive changes to the core gameplay systems and the rebalancing would have been limited to a few damage tweaks and frame adjustments, not the extensive changes that are being done to most characters including numerous new special moves.

You yourself admitted that UMvC3 is a good deal. And by releasing it on-disc instead of as a DLC option, they will be able to bring more players in to the community who missed out on vanilla. I am paying Capcom $40 for the new content, and as an added perk I don't have to worry about DLing at least 3-4 gigs of data. Rather than stagnate as interest wanes, the online scene will be revitalized with an influx of new players.

Tell me I'm in denial, but I've gotten over 100 hours of fun out of MvC3 already and with UMvC3 coming out, I'll easily be able to enjoy 100 hours more. I think that's worth the $110 Capcom is asking me for.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scooper

I don't care. I'm not buying it. I got a sealed copy of MvC3 that I've had for months without wanting to even touch it.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tan

@StarvingGamer said:

@Colt: Capcom is simply doing what PC developers have been doing for decades, releasing an expansion pack. Even you admit that this is a good deal which means you realize that if it was released as DLC we most likely would have ended up with less content for an equivalent or higher price-tag. The only difference is that this Capcom expansion pack doesn't require you to already own the original game.

This, pretty much. If this game came out 1 year from now (or whenever it is OK to release it) and had the 12 new characters, people would be flipping excited. The only thing people are suspicious about is what was actually done at the time of UMvC3's release. Either way I'm way hyped for 12 new characters and revamped features for $40. I buy sequels with the intention of "Same + More and better." From the looks of it, UMvC3 is just that--business foolery aside.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DarthOrange said:

Why are so many people upset that this game is coming out with extra features that arguably should have been there in the first place when there are tons of other companies that are way worse with the nickle and dimming of there customers, such as Little Big Planet ($5.99 for 5 costumes!), Uncharted 3 (fortune hunters club), Gears of War 3, Portal 2, Infamous 2, Forza, Dead Space, Mortal Kombat, the list goes on and on. Why was there such a backlash to this game was announced? Everyone's doing it, why single out just one company.

Cause its the SECOND time capcom is doing it. 
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@carlthenimrod said:

My biggest complaint is that MvC 3 felt like a unfinished product. Just compare the single-player aspect to something like Mortal Kombat. It only had Arcade mode which featured a total of two still pictures for completing it with each character. MK had a full on Story Mode and on top of that the Arcade endings still had more thought put into them.

Bingo. This is my problem exactly. The game didn't feel finished so instead of finishing it through patches, dlc, add-ons, whatever, they're just cranking out a new game. So now the $60 I spent feels like a waste and if I want to play the 'real thing' then I have to spend another $40. With MK for example, I have the finished, 'real' game regardless of whether or not I want to even touch the DLC.

Also, isn't what Capcom is doing essentially what 'killed off' fighting games years ago and what everyone gives Activision shit about? They're ruining CoD because they decide to crank out a sequel every year, but Capcom is the best thing ever because they give us a new SF4 every year? Or for more current examples, Dead Rising 2 and MvC3.

Evikull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Evikull

@StarvingGamer said:

I'm not sure I could call this an expansion pack. Surely the point of an expansion pack is to add to the original game? Yes, technically, they are taking the original game and putting more into it, but the fact is they're not adding it to the original game but instead releasing it as an entirely new package - one that you would have to buy again.

In other words, it's not expanding the game people already own, rather the same game which they will have to buy again. Also, being released close to the original MvC3 (the same year!), seems rather... harsh?

Not that this is unexpected. I remember hearing about the original not having spectator mode, and then joking that they would make a Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 (SSFIV-esque) further down the line with spectator mode included. Imagine my reaction when it turned out said joke became a reality.

The problem is, Capcom get more crap for this because this isn't new for them. They're doing it a lot more often, and not just with fighting games.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BionicRadd

@BabyChooChoo said:

@carlthenimrod said:

Bingo. This is my problem exactly. The game didn't feel finished so instead of finishing it through patches, dlc, add-ons, whatever, they're just cranking out a new game. So now the $60 I spent feels like a waste and if I want to play the 'real thing' then I have to spend another $40. With MK for example, I have the finished, 'real' game regardless of whether or not I want to even touch the DLC.

Also, isn't what Capcom is doing essentially what 'killed off' fighting games years ago and what everyone gives Activision shit about? They're ruining CoD because they decide to crank out a sequel every year, but Capcom is the best thing ever because they give us a new SF4 every year? Or for more current examples, Dead Rising 2 and MvC3.

What killed fighting games was the death of arcades and the lack of sufficient broadband to support online multiplayer. Broadband has brought fighters back around as a fun competitive genre and SF IV proved that people still love 2D fighters.

Personally, I didnt buy MVC 3 because I knew this would happen. Capcom has yet to release a fighting game they didnt iterate on.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StarvingGamer

@BabyChooChoo: Capcom's contribution to the "death" of fighting games, ironically, had more to do with the fact that they STOPPED rehashing SFII and put out SFIII which was a denser experience that drove away players. This combined with the things mentioned by @BionicRadd: are what resulted in fighting games falling out of the limelight. They never really died though, the community still thrived but casual players lost interest.

@Evikull: It's an expansion pack in terms of the scope of the additional content being provided, the price tag, and the proximity of release. The fact that you don't actually have to own the original game is a nice bonus to help bring in newer players, but the basic concept is the same. It's as if Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening came out (8 months after DA:O as opposed to the 9 month gap between MvC3 and Ultimate), and they happened to include the full DA:O campaign alongside it.

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FluffyZombeh

Well I personally both hate and love Capcom. I love the fighting game side of Capcom, I hate the other "FUCK MEGAMAN" side of Capcom. It's not like they didn't do this with all there own games and I'm just saying 12 characters and 8 stages plus fixed battle system really seems worth the 40$. I don't know how much they had to use to make this game but I'm just guessing they know that no matter how much people are going hate on the fact it's going to be a 40$ disc people are going to buy it no matter what. I personally am hyped up for it, and I'm glad to see that Jean Grey will get nerfed up the ass. Also I'm pretty sure after the release of Super Street Fighter IV everyone was expecting this to happen to MvC3 as well. I do agree that Capcom should stick to what it was doing before, just doing this with fighting games only. They probably heard about what people hated about the game and just decided to re-work it and fix the problems and just didn't want the consumers to stay with the original non-nerfed Phoenix. In all honesty I try to get away from Capcom, but I just have to go back no matter how much I love/hate them.

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Colt

@StarvingGamer: I dont know what to tell you.. you seem to want to avoid the point entirely. It's not about whether or not its a good deal its still the wrong way to run a business. I'm not one of the people saying it should have been DLC, that would be insane. I dont even think Capcom's an evil company or anything like that. But even so this seems like a greedy asshole thing to do. If someone buys UMvC3 they will have all the same content as me.. but they didnt pay $60 in Feb. How the hell is that fair? It's not but I'm not one to hold to much of a grudge and I'm buying it anyway because I want it.

But you asked why people give it crap.. you made a whole thread asking!! The answer is obvious and you still want to fight any reason people give you. You compare it to other game companies but none of your examples match up in the slightest. And that is why you are in denial.

EDIT: I just noticed it wasnt you who made the thread so disregard the first sentence in the last paragraph. Right, sorry.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By scarace360

@StarvingGamer said:

@Azteck: The only DLC support Capcom ever mentioned were the 2 new characters, shadow mode, DLC costumes, and the possibility that they would look into a spectator mode. The first 3 things happened and the last one was never guaranteed. Any further DLC expectations only existed in the imaginations of the players.

@scarace360: Feb 15 - Nov 15 = 6 months?

6 months between mvc3 coming out and umvc3 being announced.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RE_Player1

I wonder who will win 2011 fighter of the year Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3....

EDIT: Just want to add that personally this has really brought my opinion of Capcom to a new low. I was never interested in either game but I thought I was tuned into the industry enough, through websites like Giant Bomb, that I felt comfortable giving out the recommendation of Marvel vs Capcom 3 to a little cousin of mine saying that Capcom has said they will support the game with dlc. I mean all the signs were there. He got the speical edition, for $69.99, and liked the game. Than Ultimate was announced and I felt like shit saying this exact thing wasn't going to happen. He understands how I would never have known and I got him Tekken 6, new copies were only $20, as an apology so everything is good but it still sucks.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By soldierg654342

Because people haven't learn to wait for the updated release with Capcom. Seriously, you have no one to blame but yourselves at this point. They happen every time. If you don't like buying an updated disc every half a year or so, then just wait for the second or third release. Capcom has enough rabid followers that they won't miss you. 

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By kingzetta

it's like buying an Iphone on day one and the Iphone 2 came out the next day

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By awesomeusername

@Coltsaid:

@StarvingGamer: I dont know what to tell you.. you seem to want to avoid the point entirely.

Exactly.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Colt: If I'm understanding your complaint correctly, then it seems to me that you are the greedy asshole, not Capcom. You agree that the additional UMvC3 content is a good deal at $40. You also agree that making it DLC would be insane. Therefore you are OK with it being an on-disc release.

So your point of contention is the fact that you feel your $60 was somehow wasted since people who didn't purchase UMvC3 will also be able to get the old content PLUS the new content at only $40. I have two HUGE problems with this.

If you played MvC3 and enjoyed it enough to want to purchase Ultimate as well, then you probably had a lot of fun with the game. What you got for your $60 was those 9 months of fun which is significantly longer than the 1-3 months most players get out of the average $60 game. It's not like the good times you've had with the game suddenly have been retconned from your past. Even if you only played MvC3 a total of 30 hours during that time, that's still better than a lot of 5-star, AAA blockbuster games. Those 30-300 hours of fun are where your initial purchase of $60 went and it something that the players only paying $40 will never have.

So if you STILL have a problem after considering this point, then it sounds like you would only be satisfied if UMvC3 was released as a $40 update that required ownership of MvC3 in order to be played. What this means is that even though you wouldn't be spending any less money, you feel that anyone who is coming in to UMvC3 new should have to pay $60+ (assuming MvC3 is $20 new now, I actually have no idea). Does this make YOU the greedy asshole and not Capcom? Capcom is only forgoing potential sales of old copies of MvC3 in an effort to make UMvC3 all-inclusive. And because you somehow feel slighted, you want anyone who didn't buy MvC3 to have to spend more money than you on Ultimate so you can feel that things are "fair."

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Colt

@StarvingGamer: Dude, youre fighting so hard to be right when it just makes you look desperate. Like I said I'm getting it and not complaining but I can recognize that its a shitty way to treat fans. People don't like having to buy what they already own and there were far better ways they could have gone about this.. the biggest of which is waiting. At around the time they should have announced DLC they announced a whole new version of the same game. Thats messed up and not just fixed by slapping a discount price on it. People complain. Its not wrong to. If youre fine with it power to you. I'm mostly fine with it too but i'm glad its getting such a backlash because frankly this shit needs to stop before UMvC3 Arcade Edition.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By lord_canti
    shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shaunk

@DarthOrange said:

@awesomeusername:

Pretty much this.

@StarvingGamer said:

Also awesomeusername you use the word "half to" a bunch of times, you don't have to do anything. Also you totally write with the tone of a douche bag.

I agree with you about its not a big deal. But you sound like a jackass with your writing. You ignore peoples noteworthy points and agree with some guy whose clearly trying to be a jackass.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bestostero

@Hizang said:

Yes. Yes and Yes.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@DarthOrange said:

Why are so many people upset that this game is coming out with extra features that arguably should have been there in the first place.

This.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@DarthOrange said:

@awesomeusername:

Have you seen dlc available for infamous 2? New weapons, costumes, and missions available for a price (just check the psn store). The festival of blood thing is its own separate beast and looks fantastic.

Portal 2 has tons of day one costumes that pissed people off.

Also speaking of incomplete games coming out with complete versions within the year....

No Caption Provided

I can't agree with you that LA Noire was incompetent.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By NickLott

You're really comparing buying optional, often unnecessary DLC, to the double dipping that Capcom does on full priced retail products (for the third time no less) that renders the original game obsolete?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I DONT GIVE A FUCK. I JUST WANNA PLAY BUFFED ZERO. ALSO...

LOG TRAP! NET TRAP! SHRAPNEL TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By OneManX

...it just feels kinda shitty.

Like little to no DLC and then boom, the REAL version of MvC3, it makes you kinda think, why didn't you just wait instead of basically make the game useless. Like you pretty much just bought a 60 dollar Open Beta.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#49  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's a gross betrayal of the consumer's trust by putting out another version of a game less than a year after the initial iteration. I will buy that they really did want to make something better with Super Street Fighter IV, and they at least managed to make the Arcade Version reasonably priced DLC as well. This? This seems like a deliberate oversight not making this new content DLC friendly.

That being said, you people who bought vanilla MvC3 were all suckers if you didn't expect this. I did, and therefore can pick this up guilt free if it does so fancy me. Which it may, but King of Fighters XIII also comes out this month, and I can actually play that game with a level of understanding soooo....

periodic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By periodic

Because a 40 dollar title update of a very popular and vital competitive game is not even slightly in the same league as the option to play dress-up with your dopey in-game avatar, or a 5 dollar mission for a single player game.

Also, it Capcom's title updates back in the day weren't so onerous because they were arcade cabinets, the players didn't have to pay a dime. Capcom is just a company completely out of touch, run by aging businessmen unwilling to take any risks, and willing to kill the golden goose if it means short-term returns.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.