Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Didn't play the first game...

Shankus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Shankus

I started playing Among Thieves last night and am planning to play the first game after I beat this one. I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on much..?
    uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By uberpwner93

You're really just missing out on the introduction of some of the characters. Really just Nathan, Sully, and Elena. There are also some nods at the first game, but that's really nothing.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Yeah, the first game has very little in common with the second. You're not missing a thing. Enjoy it though, it's one great story.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

If you can get the first one for cheap though you may want to give it a shot since it's a good game anyway. Since you've played the second one already you probably won't enjoy it as mcuh though since they've made some massive improvements for the second one.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gunrock

I hear the combat has greatly improved int Uncharted 2 so it might be a little hard to go back to Uncharted: Drakes fortune after that but, story wise no you won't be missing much its just that if you did its like meeting up with old friends again when you play part 2.

Shankus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shankus

Thats cool. Yeah I will pick up the first game once I finish this one up. So far its amazing one of the best single player games I've played in a long time, to bad work is getting in the way...

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By rateoforange

Don't bother playing Uncharted after getting through Uncharted 2. It would be a step back in every possible way.

I played through Uncharted last week and thought it was a bit of a turd on the gameplay front.

Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gunrock

I just replayed Uncharted and i still found it enjoyable, im playing 2 now and its really a big upgrade, i think i can still enjoy the first one (il try to get platinum later).

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shadow

you might be confused about who the chick is.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai

Uncharted 2 is great in that area as it's not a direct sequel for the first game. You'll just basically get a better understanding of the nature of the relationship between Drake and Elena and of Drake's close friendship with Sully, they are like the modern day Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. 

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By juice8367

I thought I read that you get bonus cash if you finished the first one for multiplayer. But story-wise, I guess you miss out on some minor stuff really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.