Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

is this game really as good as people say it is?

mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mhkjtha

i own a ps3 so im obviously considering picking it up.
    HOWEVER: the reason that im skeptical about this game is that im not a big fan of very linear, streamlined experiences that just try to make you feel like youre in a cool action movie rather then focusing on the depth of the gameplay. for example i hated the cod4 sp for this reason. 
    THAT SAID there is NOTHING inherently wrong with that type of game, i just dont like it personally. we all have different tastes, and if you like that type of experience then thats fantastic. i just dont. :)

and uncharted seems to be that type of experience. so is this simply not a game for me? thoughts/suggestions?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Eeeeer probably not truthfully, since it is exactly how you described it. Although it still does have alot depth with the enviroments and how u choose to work around certain situations regarding the enemies, be it taking the high ground or maybe stealthin as many as possible...or just loading off grenades hoping for the best.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

Yes

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deusoma

I was gonna make a sarcastic comment about how there's actually a secret conspiracy among thousands of people to make the game look better than it is, and then it turned out you actually had a legitimate question. 
    Ah well. 
    I can't actually help, as it turns out, because I haven't played it yet. :P

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Ashwyn

Honestly i couldn't really answer your question considering i like linear games, but did it live up to my expectations... YES!, YES!, and YES!.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By spankingaddict

yes its linear, but in a awesome way. i would say its about as good as everyone says it is...

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By galiant

Uncharted 2 is great. It's a well-made game, it kept impressing me with what it accomplished and made me wonder why other games aren't as polished as this one. My first playthrough was a great experience. I am now on my fourth playthrough, halfway through the game on the highest difficulty, and still having fun. It's one of the few games I intend to go Platinum for (the only other Platinum trophy I have being from Fallout 3), just missing that one trophy for completing it on Crushing.

Also, the multiplayer component surprised me. It is actually very solid, I've had a great time with it and still am.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

yes.  
    yes it is. 

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Kohe321

Yes, yes and yes.

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By alsnuts2

The game has about 3-4 moments in game play that left my mouth hanging open.. So yes it is very good

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake

You could always try renting it out if you're not sure. I havn't played it myself and probably won't until I've got the time and money but I'll like to get it someday.

Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bald3rdash

Well I read what you said about not liking the whole action movie experience, but this game really is fun.  It does hold an Indiana Jones feel regarding humor and peril, and while linear, is ultimately a great game that you are almost assured to have a hell of a time with.  Considering your skepticism I recommend you rent the game, and if you feel the need to play it over again or get into the online multiplayer give it a purchase.  

You won't be disappointed! 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Ineedaname

I never thought it was all that good, it got a little repetitive after a while.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inkeiren

Basically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.