Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Uncharted 2 Has Multiplayer!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

As a means of burying that post by Ryan where he uses his dislike of relevant PR buzz words (in this case "electrifying" + inFamous = gettit?!) I'm opening up a post to talk about the ACTUAL (still unofficial) subject of the announcement and not the perceived "Sony sucks" mentality that has plagued said thread because people don't read. And that is multiplayer in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (clear enough now? Good-o!).

Hurrah!

A lot of outlets will be running stories on the multiplayer on Monday, Joystiq and Kotaku have both confirmed they are waiting on embargoes before they can post about the new component.

Co-op has been rumoured for a while ever since Chloe was announced as Nathan's female-double so that's looking quite likely. I for one think that traditional deathmatches could fare extremely well in the context of an Uncharted game, given the maps are sensitively designed. From a gameplay stance, I think Uncharted suits the addition of multiplayer perfectly, and I doubt it means Naughty Dog are going to drop the ball from a single player stance as most people fear.

I'll be interested to know which characters we will be taking control of in multiplayer. That could turn out quite interesting.

Hopes/expectations/fears/dreads?

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gmanall

Yay for uncharted mp(Note I didn't read this ether jking)

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

I wanna see a racing mode, where you have to run to a certain point while trying to not get shot. The more shot you get, the slower you move, but the more guns you carry, the slower you move.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    Red said:
    "I wanna see a racing mode, where you have to run to a certain point while trying to not get shot. The more shot you get, the slower you move, but the more guns you carry, the slower you move."
    Thread has been won already. Even better, how about Nathan Drake Kart Racing? Other characters include Sully, Elena and generic brute.
    Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Gmanall

And have rainbow powerups

bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By bandresen

I doubt that the beta will include a Co-op mode. Because that would mean people could play through the game without paying for it. Unless they seperate the codes so that certain people test certain levels... But I don't think that's likely, judging by that they don't have any entrance bar and unlikely to get good feedback on that stuff.

It would also mean creating a good infrastructure for this, and/or seperate clients. It just seems too much of a logistical challenge to be feasible.

So showing off some competitive deathmatch and team deathmatch just as the Red Faction beta seems more likely to me.

Anyway: I also think it's a good idea to promote inFAMOUS this way... This move reminds me very much of the Crackdown / Halo 3 thing, even though Uncharted is much less of a known quantity and probably won't be as extreme a driving force than Halo 3 was.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I don't really like the idea of MP in Uncharted (except for some kind of co-op), especially since that takes development time away from SP, but this beta will help Infamous sell better. I just hope the beta doesn't overshadow Infamous like the way the Halo 3 beta overshadowed Crackdown. I still think Uncharted MP is stupid and not needed...just like MGO...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    Kush said:
    "I don't really like the idea of MP in Uncharted (except for some kind of co-op), especially since that takes development time away from SP"
    I don't think that's necessarily true. They could have brought in an entire team just to build the multiplayer -- meaning resources for the single player would remain the same. But I appreciate your scepticism, I do think that's what we're all thinking deep-down and hopefully Naughty Dog will come out and quash those feelings on Monday.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm fine with it as long as it's fun and doesn't feel shoehorned in

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By pause422

Yeah....and as soon as I heard this I hated it very much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.