Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Ways to Improve Multiplayer (my opinion)

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By adziboy

Okay, so pretty hardcore multiplayer player here. Played both betas (think there were only two) and played the hell out of them, and now just working my way to Platinum while getting as much Multiplayer in as possible. There's a few things I've noticed which could be changed to make for a better online, but maybe it's just frustration taking over, as well as tiredness. Ah well. 

1. Melee range reduced -25% *its very annoying when you are shooting a guy to death and then he can either 1. hit you once, so your aiming goes wierd, or 2. run around the back of you and stealth kill you.

2. Shotgun range increased +50%  *'nuff said.

3. Shotgun blind fire accuracy decreased -50%  *too many high level players have got high level by finding where shotguns and Pistole are in the map then just running round blindfiring it.

And thats about it. It's just those 3 feel like super cheap kills at the moment.

yellowjello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By yellowjello
    Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jerr

How about decrease the health of each player? I find it insanely frustrating just spraying at people for an hour.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @Adziboy said:
    " Okay, so pretty hardcore multiplayer player here. Played both betas (think there were only two) and played the hell out of them, and now just working my way to Platinum while getting as much Multiplayer in as possible. There's a few things I've noticed which could be changed to make for a better online, but maybe it's just frustration taking over, as well as tiredness. Ah well.  1. Melee range reduced -25% *its very annoying when you  2. Shotgun range increased +50%  3. Shotgun blind fire accuracy decreased -50%   And thats about it. It's just those 3 feel like super cheap kills at the moment.   "
    When you what?  WHEN YOU WHAT!?  I NEED TO KNOW!
    Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Adziboy:
    Hahaha, nice picture for your profile. "You know your gonna miss this ass"- Chloe
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai

I actually think they need more Co-up maps. it's really addicting. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Mordukai said:
    " I actually think they need more Co-up maps. it's really addicting.  "
    Yep I love Co-op.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

More coop objective modes and also the option to choose your character for the coop modes, especially the survival modes. Even though they all play the same, I'll always choose Sully over Nate for Nepal if i had the choice for his beasty taste of style and the cool quips he does =P 

Also hoping for some competitive maps based on the original games settings too, maybe some new skins also like Eddy Raja to actually go with his golden gun.
    Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Slippy

I hear there's a booster that auto drops grenades when you die - remove that please before I even venture online.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @Slippy said:
    "I hear there's a booster that auto drops grenades when you die - remove that please before I even venture online. "

I doubt you'd want that removed if you had it set, besides it doesn't instantly explode, you get around 3 seconds to roll out of there so its not as cheap as you may think
    Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Satune

Yea, more coop maps, btw are there any harder difficulties for the coop maps than just Easy and Normal?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Akeldama
    @Mordukai said:
    DLC
    empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By empfeix
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Slippy said:
    "I hear there's a booster that auto drops grenades when you die - remove that please before I even venture online. "
    I doubt you'd want that removed if you had it set, besides it doesn't instantly explode, you get around 3 seconds to roll out of there so its not as cheap as you may think "
    Ya my buddy got that booster as a pre-order bonus he thought it was going to be awesome.  But the nade takes a long time to go off. Its not nearly as effective as you think.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By adziboy

@Tallica9000 said:

"How about decrease the health of each player? I find it insanely frustrating just spraying at people for an hour. "

I thought about this and then realised it's not needed. It's just the lag of the servers which make it seem like loads - me and a friend went into a room, both live near, both have Virgin 20mb and we shot each other in the head. Took about 2-3 seconds for the shots to register. 

@Mordukai said:

"I actually think they need more Co-up maps. it's really addicting.  " 

Definitely. Loads more. 

@Bucketdeth said:

" @Mordukai said:
    Yep I love Co-op. "

Indeed. 

@Abyssfull said:

"More coop objective modes and also the option to choose your character for the coop modes, especially the survival modes. Even though they all play the same, I'll always choose Sully over Nate for Nepal if i had the choice for his beasty taste of style and the cool quips he does =P  Also hoping for some competitive maps based on the original games settings too, maybe some new skins also like Eddy Raja to actually go with his golden gun. "

More customisation in general I think. Sure, theres loads of characters, but nothing that makes you stand out from the rest. Maybe colour changes? 

@Slippy said:

"@Slippy said:
    I doubt you'd want that removed if you had it set, besides it doesn't instantly explode, you get around 3 seconds to roll out of there so its not as cheap as you may think "

Yeah, it's absolutely useless. Nobody uses it online at all and goes for Down The Irons and Keep Firing, or Fleet Foot (I play amazing with FF on. In 3 deathmatches, didn't die once and got 19, 28, 18 kills in those rounds) 

@Satune said:

"Yea, more coop maps, btw are there any harder difficulties for the coop maps than just Easy and Normal? "

Yes, there's crushing and hard (to prove it, go to trophies/medals (cant remember which) and then search for co-op ones.) To unlock them, think you have to play them, and complete them, on normal first. Not 100% sure though. 

@Akeldama said:

" @Mordukai said:
    DLC "

Yeah, they've said they have already started making it. 

@empfeix said:

" @Abyssfull said:
    " @Slippy said:
    Ya my buddy got that booster as a pre-order bonus he thought it was going to be awesome.  But the nade takes a long time to go off. Its not nearly as effective as you think. "

None of the pre-order stuff turned out well. The map, I got told, only has 3 treasures on it; the boosers are useless; extra cash, but only till level 10 which takes 2 matches; extra skin, but he has an annoying voice and looks rubbish.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By EVO

If someone leaves co-op, it shouldn't end the match for the remaining 2.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adziboy
    @EVO said:
    "If someone leaves co-op, it shouldn't end the match for the remaining 2. "

Oh god yes. That pisses me off so much - even if it's not their fault and they lag out, the other 2 still get kicked out. VERY annoying.
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

i think the AK should have a bit more accuracy. at least when bursting it. 

but i dunno. i really don't like the fact that this game plays so much like gears of war. its better definitly but its still kinda the same. i agree with the guy earlier on lowering health. the melee is pretty stupid too. so many times i've killed and died at the same time in a melee fight. if anything they should make the melee just knock you back a good bit so you can finish them off with your gun.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adziboy
    @ThePhenomenal1 said:
    "i think the AK should have a bit more accuracy. at least when bursting it.   but i dunno. i really don't like the fact that this game plays so much like gears of war. its better definitly but its still kinda the same. i agree with the guy earlier on lowering health. the melee is pretty stupid too. so many times i've killed and died at the same time in a melee fight. if anything they should make the melee just knock you back a good bit so you can finish them off with your gun. "

Hmm, I think the AK is pretty good as it is - maybe a tiny bit more when bursting. Melee is the worst. Everytime there's a melee fight, you either die from their thrown grenade or from throwing punches at the same time.
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Turtlefuzz

I feel like in the competitive modes players are rewarded for being cheap. Melee is way too over used, grenades and explosive weapon spams are crazy, and guns are used as a back up most of the time. Just my opinion of course, and I like the multi-player, games where players use the climbing to its full potential and play more defensively can be loads of fun.

Naughty Dog did the right thing with the new penalties for quitting, that needed a fix. If players played more defensively, instead of just rushing then melee, or spaming nades, Uncharted 2's multi-player would be pretty phenomenal. At least I can dream.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @YellowJello said:
    " k "
    Oh, great. Look who it is. Decided to join Giantbomb after getting banned from FPSB?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm glad it was clarified as your opinion so I didn't come in here expecting cold, hard fact.

yellowjello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yellowjello
    @TheMustacheHero said:

" @YellowJello said:

" k "

Oh, great. Look who it is. Decided to join Giantbomb after getting banned from FPSB? "
    I was banned like 8 months ago. I joined Something Awful, Playfire, and Playnit when I was banned. I only come here when those forums are not active.

Side note..
    Who the fuck are you?
    durog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By durog

Definitely want more co-op maps and options, my favorite thing about multiplayer...and necksnaps

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwoOneFive

one hit kills for melee should be right.  
    i feel like everyone is wearing heavy armor like in socom. 

yellowjello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By yellowjello
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " one hit kills for melee should be right.  i feel like everyone is wearing heavy armor like in socom.  "
    That would be dumb. Fewer hits, yes, but one? Absolutely not. Then it would just become cheap.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By adziboy
    @YellowJello said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " one hit kills for melee should be right.  i feel like everyone is wearing heavy armor like in socom.  "
    That would be dumb. Fewer hits, yes, but one? Absolutely not. Then it would just become cheap. "

Well you're kind of contradicting yourself there. You want it less than 2, but more than one. I'm not sure you get get 0.5 of a punch.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adziboy

I'm not sure you can get 0.5* 

Can't edit at the moment.
    skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By skidd
    @Adziboy: Yeah, he's not making much sense there. Anyone else have a freezing problem in competitive multiplayer? Like only my character couldnt move for 5-10 seconds, eventually meaning i get shot pretty much every time.
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By adziboy
    @skidd said:
    " @Adziboy: Yeah, he's not making much sense there. Anyone else have a freezing problem in competitive multiplayer? Like only my character couldnt move for 5-10 seconds, eventually meaning i get shot pretty much every time. "

It's a hosting issue. The host of the game will randomly freeze, unless they have an extremely good internet connection. Naughty Dog have said they know about the issue and are working on a fix. Don't have a link but if you search something like, "frozen in place uncharted 2 multiplayer playstation forums' in google, it should come up with a topic which has a post from a Naughty Dog dev in it.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By Griddler
    @skidd said:
    " @Adziboy: Yeah, he's not making much sense there. Anyone else have a freezing problem in competitive multiplayer? Like only my character couldnt move for 5-10 seconds, eventually meaning i get shot pretty much every time. "
    This, it's so frustrating.
    mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mhkjtha

i think it needs less dual stick aiming and more mouse and keyboard support

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By TheHBK

Yup, this game is starting to seem more and more like a cheap 3rd person version of MW.  Here aer some of my points.

Grenades, increase kill radius because you could be standing a yard a way from an exploding grenade and it wont kill you, just make you wince.  This is also true of the single player where the enemies just kind of recoil or cover up a little.

Melee with run.  Having to plant your feet to melee is retarded, and leaves you wide open if you miss.  Not being able to shoot while in the melee animation should be enough.

Totally agree about the shotgun.  Seems like a lot of people just get blindfire kills.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Skald

Better AK accuracy - yes 
    Whenever I spawn, I change to my handgun - then run for the closest rifle replacement. The AK just can't do it for me in multiplayer. 
    Better melee - yes 
    This shouldn't even need explanation. Considering how organic it feels against NPCs, it feels stiff, and often times, frustrating against players. 

And if I may add - lower the cash curve... skins at the top are way too expensive... 

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @mhkjtha said:
    " i think it needs less dual stick aiming and more mouse and keyboard support "
    Stop with the flamebait.
    mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mhkjtha
    @TheMustacheHero: im being serious. ps3 can support it, ut3 did it, so why not?
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zeforgotten
    @extremeradical said:
    " Better AK accuracy - yes  Whenever I spawn, I change to my handgun - then run for the closest rifle replacement. The AK just can't do it for me in multiplayer. Better melee - yes This shouldn't even need explanation. Considering how organic it feels against NPCs, it feels stiff, and often times, frustrating against players.  And if I may add - lower the cash curve... skins at the top are way too expensive...  "
    I agree with everything there, except the lower cash curve.. 
    It's just skins. Only skin I'm using is the Baseball shirt Drake one
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By Skald
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " Better AK accuracy - yes  Whenever I spawn, I change to my handgun - then run for the closest rifle replacement. The AK just can't do it for me in multiplayer. Better melee - yes This shouldn't even need explanation. Considering how organic it feels against NPCs, it feels stiff, and often times, frustrating against players.  And if I may add - lower the cash curve... skins at the top are way too expensive...  "
    I agree with everything there, except the lower cash curve.. It's just skins. Only skin I'm using is the Baseball shirt Drake one "
    Well as long as the boosters are fairly priced. Too bad, I'll probably never get every unlock multiplayer has to offer. Seriously, there is a lot of stuff, and I want it all... but I'm probably going to move on anyway. If this game had a real multiplayer community behind it, the unlocks would be awesome, because there is so much stuff to get. Not to sound hard on this game, I really love it.
    hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hermes  Online

They need to work on the performance of the multiplayer code. It takes a couple minutes to connect, and I can spend up to 10 to 15 minutes in matchmaking, which means I can only play 3 or 4 matches in an hour... I know my connection is not great, but if I compare it with other games I had played, like COD4 or Resistance 2, it definitely feel half-done.
    Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bolduk

Here's my list of things to add/improve to make the multiplayer even more enjoyable.

- Melee should be knife or at least a little more brutal. One or two little punches are not enough to kill a man, come on.
    - Ability to make custom games. Yeah like Killzone 2 for example, when you could deactivate the RPG, shotgun, grenade launcher, ect. Or decide to play on a specific map. (I'm kind of tired of people only choosing either Sanctuary or Lost City).
    - Boosters that are actually worth it.
    - Balanced teams in Deathmatch
    - Make grenades less overpowered
    - Remove the pistole/shotgun auto-aim
    - More people in-game! 5vs5 is cool, but some maps should support a little more, it would make the action more intense.
    - Patches with new weapons/boosters/maps 

I think it would be a good start.

J_Weezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By J_Weezy

there r a couple ways its can be improved first the melee collison detention is horrendous, also if some1 has the hammer thers pretty much zero chance ull kill them. but other than those 2 things its pretty much amazing. also 50% more range on shotty R U NUTS!!
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By Turtlefuzz
    @Bolduk said:
    " Here's my list of things to add/improve to make the multiplayer even more enjoyable.  - Melee should be knife or at least a little more brutal. One or two little punches are not enough to kill a man, come on. - Ability to make custom games. Yeah like Killzone 2 for example, when you could deactivate the RPG, shotgun, grenade launcher, ect. Or decide to play on a specific map. (I'm kind of tired of people only choosing either Sanctuary or Lost City). - Boosters that are actually worth it. - Balanced teams in Deathmatch - Make grenades less overpowered - Remove the pistole/shotgun auto-aim - More people in-game! 5vs5 is cool, but some maps should support a little more, it would make the action more intense. - Patches with new weapons/boosters/maps    I think it would be a good start. "
    Great list of improvements, I totally agree with grenades and team balance.
    Uncharted 2 can be a lot of fun, but there is still a lot of balancing on both Naughty Dog's end and on the player's end.
    zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By zero_
    @Bolduk said:
    " Here's my list of things to add/improve to make the multiplayer even more enjoyable.  - Melee should be knife or at least a little more brutal. One or two little punches are not enough to kill a man, come on. - Ability to make custom games. Yeah like Killzone 2 for example, when you could deactivate the RPG, shotgun, grenade launcher, ect. Or decide to play on a specific map. (I'm kind of tired of people only choosing either Sanctuary or Lost City). - Boosters that are actually worth it. - Balanced teams in Deathmatch - Make grenades less overpowered - Remove the pistole/shotgun auto-aim - More people in-game! 5vs5 is cool, but some maps should support a little more, it would make the action more intense. - Patches with new weapons/boosters/maps    I think it would be a good start. "
    - Knife as melee is silly, there weren't any in the single player no point chucking it into the multiplayer.
    - I like that Boosters only afffect the game a little bit - that way new players don't get hammered by roman numerals all because of stronger boosters.
    - Agreed on the grenades.
    - HEAVILY agreed for balancing team. I was once on a team full of 40s, vs all  single digit players.
    - Changing number of players is too drastic of a change, I don't think that'll ever happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.