Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

The Quicklook, Jeff's arachnophobia and Batzman

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sander

I won't even watch quicklooks where it's very obvious that one of the dudes is only pretending to know less than he actually does about a game. Though Brad could've spent more time playing the game so he could answer more questions, I did like this quicklook because Vinny seemed genuine.  

Jeff thought the spider streak was stupid because...he suffers from arachnophobia...? This was on the Bombcast and I couldn't figure out why he didn't like it until it became apparent that he has some level of arachnophobia. Pretty funny, but for a moment it almost slipped through!

So, Batzman got his props in the quicklook and the Bomcast...does he even know? Did anybody send him a message to let him know he's now a MAJOR internet celebrity? Ok but it would be interesting to hear from him.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By bkbroiler

Jeff doesn't like the spider streak because he thinks that it is too fantastical for a game like Uncharted. At least, according to what he said on the podcast.

Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ninja

I'm fine with spiders, I think it's stupid also, but whatever, knowledge is their treasure I guess...

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sayishere

Seems out of place for an Uncharted game, but it is MP, i wont hold it against them, killstreaks is almost mandatory now for MP games.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mfpantst
    @bkbroiler said:

Jeff doesn't like the spider streak because he thinks that it is too fantastical for a game like Uncharted. At least, according to what he said on the podcast.

This.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vitor

@bkbroiler said:

This. Also, I kinda agree and I LOVE me some Uncharted. Played the second one's coop stuff to death and even got into the competitive side of things which is rare for me.

I agree that while the series has always had one foot in the fantastical, their monsters were always just corrupted humans (in both games). Adding the ability to change into a swarm of spiders seems like a step further. I'm going to imagine that that's not in the singleplayer though (the spiders yes, humans transforming into them, no). Just a guess.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By jacdg

I don't like the spider stuff because I'm arachnophobic, really arachnophobic, haven't experienced it yet, but I fear for the moment that I will see it, actually I might not even finish the single player because of spiders.. Also, it's stupid.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By N7

@bkbroiler said:

In a game with zombies, immortals, regular/cursed monsters with super-human strength, swarms of spiders deterring people from how serious this game is sounds pretty weird.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By natetodamax

If Batzman is a major Internet celebrity, I can't imagine what the most popular YouTube vloggers would be classified as

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Samaritan

@N7 said:

@bkbroiler said:

In a game with zombies, immortals, regular/cursed monsters with super-human strength, swarms of spiders deterring people from how serious this game is sounds pretty weird.

It's kind of the part where dude turns INTO spiders that's weird.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sjupp

@bkbroiler said:

This. I don't know how you could've missed that. Having not played any of the Uncharted games (I don't own a PS3, dammit) I can't really comment on any of the spider stuff.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan

It seems out of place for the world's fiction, even in multiplayer.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By N7

@Progn0sticator said:

@N7 said:

@bkbroiler said:

It's kind of the part where dude turns INTO spiders that's weird.

But it's just multiplayer. I'd like to think having 8 identical Drakes per team would be weirder than spiders. There's another one where the character puffs into a cloud of smoke, no one's mentioned that yet.

I don't know, it just seems an odd thing to choose, especially for multiplayer, and not singleplayer.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Berserker976

Um, this was the same multiplayer where you could play as a walking skeleton, right?

So... why are people getting bent out of shape about THIS fantastical addition, when it's already established that things in multiplayer get ridiculous?

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Elazul
    @Sjupp said:

@bkbroiler said:

This. I don't know how you could've missed that.

Yup. Also, his fear of spiders is something that is both well documented (they've definitely mentioned it on the Bombcast before) and something that he has no problem admitting. If that's the reason he had a problem with it then he would've said so.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @natetodamax said:
    If Batzman is a major Internet celebrity, I can't imagine what the most popular YouTube vloggers would be classified as
    A dork?
    xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By xatmos
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grissefar

I've sent Batzman a friend request on PSN but sadly he hasn't responded yet. It seems he is getting casught up in his internet fame.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee
    @Berserker976 said:

Um, this was the same multiplayer where you could play as a walking skeleton, right?

So... why are people getting bent out of shape about THIS fantastical addition, when it's already established that things in multiplayer get ridiculous?

Ha, exactly!
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sander

Obviously, Jeff's disdain for the Spider streak is rooted in his arachnophobia and he only uses a realism argument to try and add some rationality to his point. People have a thousand times stronger reactions and feelings towards their phobias than they have towards unrealistic elements in a videogame they hear about.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FilipHolm

I'm not sure what to think of the spider thing. One one hand, it's pretty awesome. On the other hand, like Jeff said, it's not really appropriate for an Unchated game...  
    I too added Batzman on PSN :p Poor guy... (Or girl o_O)

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By l4wd0g

I'm with Jeff, the spider streak kill the reelity (yes, that was purposefully misspelled to read like a film reel) that previous games have established.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AuthenticM

@Berserker976 said:

I was going to say this.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Wait...does this mean I have to add Batzman on PSN also?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@N7 said:

@bkbroiler said:

Agreed.
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jozzy

Poor Batzman, all the poor lad wants is to snipe some fools in UC3, and then this happens....

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RE_Player1

Yeah spiders kind of take me out the experience. Now excuse me while I go back to play some Uncharted 2 online with a team full of identical characters and skeletons that respawn after they die.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheFreeMan

It's multiplayer. As other have mentioned, the multiplayer lets you play as skeletons, in addition to Cole from Infamous, a Chimera soldier, etc. It's just a killstreak-esque effect. I don't see it as any different than, say, calling in a nuke in a small 8 Vs. 8 conflict in Call of Duty, or a horde of dogs out of nowhere. 

Multiplayer stuff is usually pretty ridiculous, so I certainly have no problem with a bunch of spiders in Uncharted.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RE_Player1

I honestly think no one would have had a problem with this if they didn't talk about it so much on the podcast.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laserbolts

Being scared of something in a video game because you have a fear of it in real life is pretty stupid.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Sander: He doesn't like it because it makes no sense within the context of that particular universe. There is no precedence, it just happens now, without an explanation.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vaiz
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NickL

You couldn't figure out why Jeff didn't like the change? Maybe you were too obsessed with figuring out why he didn't like it to bother listening to him explicitly stating why he didn't like it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
    @MordeaniisChaos said:

@Sander: He doesn't like it because it makes no sense within the context of that particular universe. There is no precedence, it just happens now, without an explanation.

How do you know? You've never played the singleplayer. For all we know it's explained in the single player. If there were killstreaks in Uncharted 2 to call forth giant blue people that were hard to kill and Zombies in a Multiplayer beta, you'd be saying the same thing you are about the spiders.
    Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sander
    @laserbolts said:

Being scared of something in a video game because you have a fear of it in real life is pretty stupid.

It may be stupid, but that don't mean it ain't true.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iamjohn

What is the point of this stupid thread? So you like this Quick Look because you don't like Quick Looks where someone seems to be pretending to know less than they actually do (which is an idiotic and ridiculously specific thing to get bent out of shape about, especially when it's usually in service of getting people to talk about the games for video). Okay great. So why are you telling us this instead of posting it as a comment to the Quick Look. You also think that Jeff is lying about the spiders thing. Again, why should we care? And as for Batzman, again, why should we care? He's in a Quick Look and got namechecked on a podcast, big deal. He's no more an internet celebrity than I am for having my XBL name plastered all over the Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island Quick Look.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sander
    Oh an attention seeker seeks attention! "He's not famous! I am the real famous one! Look how famous I is!"
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Keeng
    @Berserker976 said:

I don't know about the rest of this forum, but Jeff and Brad are acting super surprised about this because they probably didn't play enough of U2 to ever see that weird stuff in multiplayer.  

It's weird, but it's not that crazy. Also, stop calling them killstreaks, people. They're not rewards for killing multiple people in a row. They're called kickbacks and they work entirely differently. 
    Batzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Batzman

Hey guys it's batzman lol... It took me awhile to realize I was in this bombcast!! I've responded to most of the friend requests!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By TobbRobb

I was gonna be all butthurt over the necro, but @Batzman: Finally saying hello was worth it.

ALSO THIS WAS 1.5 YEARS AGO? What theee fuuuuck.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#41  Edited By DarthOrange

@TobbRobb said: 

ALSO THIS WAS 1.5 YEARS AGO? What theee fuuuuck.

I thought the same thing. Holy shit time flies.
    GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GalacticPunt

@Batzman said:

Hey guys it's batzman lol... It took me awhile to realize I was in this bombcast!! I've responded to most of the friend requests!

I'm a little suspicious... How do we know this is the real Batzman? Can you take a "verification" pic in the Batzcave or something? Where's Robinz?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.