Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Thoughts on Uncharted

thatguy0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 13

Edited By thatguy0130

Wow.  This game was made in 2007 and here it is 2010 and that game is still amazing.  Naughty Dog did just about everything right on this one.  The story is epic, the characters are excellent, the sequences just awe inspiring.  If it weren't for but a few things, this game would be the ultimate example of a perfect game.  Unfortunately it is not a perfect game.  There is alot of frusteration in the game along with all the greatness.  I don't want to get to review-y on this just my experience playing through the game.  I played on normal difficulty and died alot.  Not because of getting shot nessecarily, but because of quirks in the game.  Sometimes when you jump for example, you don't go where you expect to go.  Sometimes when you walking along a ledge, you don't go where you thought you were going to go.  And then there is the gun play.  It isn't good.  I, along with everyone else who has heard of this game, heard the term bullet sponges.  Now I know.  It doesn't take one shot or two shots to kill the enemy.  It takes five sometimes seven shots.  I swear towards the end, it took 10.  Leaving you with quite the problem when the ammo is pretty limited in some areas.  This hand to hand isn't especially great either.  The only other thing that comes to mind is that in some places you are left wondering where to go next.  This is limited though and the game does a pretty good job of pointing things out to you.  But you know what?  Even with those flaws, this game is still pretty damn amazing.  9 out of 10 and highly recommended!
    thatguy0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By thatguy0130

Wow.  This game was made in 2007 and here it is 2010 and that game is still amazing.  Naughty Dog did just about everything right on this one.  The story is epic, the characters are excellent, the sequences just awe inspiring.  If it weren't for but a few things, this game would be the ultimate example of a perfect game.  Unfortunately it is not a perfect game.  There is alot of frusteration in the game along with all the greatness.  I don't want to get to review-y on this just my experience playing through the game.  I played on normal difficulty and died alot.  Not because of getting shot nessecarily, but because of quirks in the game.  Sometimes when you jump for example, you don't go where you expect to go.  Sometimes when you walking along a ledge, you don't go where you thought you were going to go.  And then there is the gun play.  It isn't good.  I, along with everyone else who has heard of this game, heard the term bullet sponges.  Now I know.  It doesn't take one shot or two shots to kill the enemy.  It takes five sometimes seven shots.  I swear towards the end, it took 10.  Leaving you with quite the problem when the ammo is pretty limited in some areas.  This hand to hand isn't especially great either.  The only other thing that comes to mind is that in some places you are left wondering where to go next.  This is limited though and the game does a pretty good job of pointing things out to you.  But you know what?  Even with those flaws, this game is still pretty damn amazing.  9 out of 10 and highly recommended!
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper

I had the EXACT same experience upon playing Uncharted 1. I recently got a PS3 and put that in. Damn good game. I concur.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

I loved the first half. 
    The second part needed more climbity climbity and less shootity shootity. 
    I beat Uncharted 2 yesterday, that is what a sequel should be.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium
    @BjornTheUnicorn: I think you have the best avatar ever...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.