Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unravel

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 09, 2016

A puzzle-platformer featuring a yarn cat, developed by Coldwood Interactive and published by Electronic Arts.

Let's unravel together

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Finally playing something on the Xbone for a change, though this time the main reason happened to be that there was enough money in my digital wallet to buy this...

Anyway, played through the first level just now. Looks pretty as a picture (Trine 2 comes to mind in comparison) and playing around with yarn seems like a fun enough gameplay mechanic. Feels all nice 'n fuzzy in the midst of cold winter.

sniffsnaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played a couple of levels this morning, and I actually am enjoying how slightly clumsy (loose is probably a better word) Yarny can feel to control. Makes him kind of lovable when he's scrambling up his yarn to get up somewhere. Will probably annoy me later on, but I like the feel of it at the moment. Environments are gorgeous and the interactivity in them is really nice, akin to Limbo in a lot of ways in terms of movement and interactivity. Good fun and very relaxing so far - definitely a good stress reliever, it seems, and, yep, definitely very warming in the cold winter.

ThatMattZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played through the first 2 levels last night and really enjoyed my time with it. So much so that I replayed the first level a few times to try and find all the secret items before moving on to the second level.

Wasn't able to find all the items though. Still need to figure out where 1 of them even is, and just how to get the one that is taunting the hell out of me.

I don't have an issue with how Yarny control's just had some issues with the 1st water puzzle in the 3rd level, that probably has more to do with me understanding and adapting to the types of puzzles the game presents.

I've been having a great time with the game and really looking forward to digging into it more.

Oh, and damn this game is gorgeous!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I might be closing in on the end, if the number of photographs is of any indication of the number of levels. I've enjoyed it a whole lot, though I've been really overthinking some of the puzzles at times, when the actual solution has been laughably easy.

swedmiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that this little gem has gotten lost in the backwash of Firewatch. Funny enough, this might be a more grown up game than Firewatch though it seems like a childrens game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems I still have a handful of levels to play through, a pleasant surprise! Fuck those cockroaches, though, eugh.

@swedmiro said:

Funny enough, this might be a more grown up game than Firewatch though it seems like a childrens game.

I don't know, I think I can relate to Firewatch's story more, even if Unravel also manages to pull some of my strings. It doesn't hurt that the Sweden-inspired settings look like they could've been crafted from my own local surroundings.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Looks reaaal good. Playing the first level didn't grab me in the least, though. May give it another shot later on since I've got that 10 hour trial thing through EA Access.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I've only played about 1 ½ levels but it seems fine -- unfortunately I find myself struggling more with the controls than the actual puzzles. It's like yeah, I know what to do here, but actually doing the thing is the rough part. Got kind of frustrated with a water section in the second level I played and had to stop for a bit.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ripelivejam

Still kinda want to get this based on that adorably nervous dev's denonstration at its e3 debut. Also it shares the name of one of my favorite Bjork songs. What a shill am I.

oasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else have trouble running this on the PC? My machine is not amazing, but i can play pretty much any new AAA game on decent to good quality. But Unravel is super choppy, even turning down the graphics setting didn't help.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Still kinda want to get this based on that adorably nervous dev's denonstration at its e3 debut. Also it shares the name of one of my favorite Bjork songs. What a shill am I.

While I love that Bjork keeps pushing herself as an artist, nothing she's done after Vespertine has clicked with me in any way, and that makes me sad.

This game does look good, though.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

As someone who grew up in the nature filled pacific northwest I find this game relaxing in a kind of way that the witness and fire watch just don't do it for me. (They are all great games though.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.