Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Until Dawn

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 25, 2015

In this PlayStation 4 horror game, eight teenagers are being hunted while they stay at a mountain retreat.

Reviews coming in - apparently it's not terrible!

• 64 results
    gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

This game is pretty good so far. It's similar to tell tales take on adventure games, however I think the decision aspect is way more important. Having just got to where brad was in the quick look I can tell there are pretty big differences. Also Peter Stormare is my favorite part. He's chewing scenery in the best way possible.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Horror movies and games really really aren't my thing, but watching that Gamespot stream with Mary Kish kinda sorta sold me on the game. Not at full price, but at a discount I think I just might, which I never would have considered before. Both the game and Mary Kish were highly entertaining. 7 hours well spent.

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished the game minutes ago, and can wholeheartedly recommend it to horror genre fans. $60 is still pretty steep for the 10-12 Telltale-style game-hours I put into it, but I honestly can't recall having a better time with a game in years. It's a fun, dumb horror adventure game with (I'm told) a wide variety of outcomes. I've heard it's possible to keep all of the main characters alive, but I had a heck of a time trying to do that in my first playthrough. I had three hardcore death scenes and I don't know what I could have done to avoid them (aside from one ill-timed quicktime-event fail).

Minor non-story-specific spoiler that may affect buying decisions regarding horror subgenre preferences: there are two horror movie plots intertwined in this game in an interesting fashion. The first half (roughly) is of the slasher niche, the second of the monster niche.

I would also second a suggestion I read on the Until Dawn subreddit, that on your first playthough don't worry at all about the optimal outcome. Just make decisions naturally, because you'll get plenty of second chances to redeem characters and investigate possible outcomes as the game progresses. And some deaths will just come seemingly out-of-the-blue. Save the optimal run for after you've gotten to see the organic experience.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty novel concept and i may be able to stomach heavy rain type qtes for the sake of a good story, acting, amd ambiance (reasons why i kinda despised heavy rain and conversely really liked walking dead season one).

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Watching people play this on Twitch has been an...interesting experience and I'd be curious to know what effect if any it'd have on the game's success. When you get someone like Mary Kish whose really into the whole thing, it's super fun to see their reactions and reactions of the chat. However, a lot of streamers seem like they got a serious case of ADHD. Like, if shit isn't popping off every second, it's just constant complaining about every little fucking thing which in turn I feel sorta rubs off on the chat and they start complaining too. I dunno, I guess you could say that about any game, but still. It'd be cool if this game was a success and this is one instance where it feels like Twtich/Youtube can potentially do just as much harm as it does good.

#4AMRANTS

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Dussck

The Quick Look made me want to play this game. Hearing Brad going nuts when things went totally different then in his first playthrough was kind of exciting. I think I'll buy this later this year and will play it with my girlfriend. The fact that you don't have to control the character AND the camera in this game makes me think she could actually enjoy this. Although, the quick time events where you have to find the right button in a short amount of time could cause problems. She probably would end up with everyone dead now that I think of that... : )

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: A lot of Twitch streamers (and youtubers), particularly ones who jump onto new games for hits, never stop talking. They follow the old radio guidelines of "never have dead air" - even though for streaming games you can totally have dead air because the game will fill in for you.

I mentioned earlier about getting this for my girlfriend. We watched the quick look and we decided that we're going to get it. Previously she was interested in Five Nights at Freddies - but we never got around to buying it because we couldn't find a decent enough gameplay video on Youtube that wasn't some guy constantly narrating every little thing they did. "Oh god, oh god I'm going to walk over here - okay here I go - I'm going - I'm oh god oh god wow ok nothing happened wow huh ha".

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Did you check out the Spookin' with Scoops videos of 5NAF on the site?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I opted to receive my reimbursement in PS Store credit. I think this is the easiest option for Sony to pay up with, meaning that it is probably the first type of reimbursment they are rolling out. They started with them yesterday. If you chose to get a check instead, then you may be waiting awhile.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: There was an FTC suit against Sony for what amounted to false advertisement of the Vita (everyone knows they don't advertise it at all!) - the result of which is $25 remuneration or a $50 for selected games from their store. They just started sending out emails on it if you were affected by it. I'm pretty sure though that you needed to have filled out forms months ago in order to be eligible. You also needed to have bought a Vita pre June 2012.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By jadegl

So far I am having a lot of fun with this game. I'm playing it and my husband is watching. It can be really nerve wracking when big decisions come up, and I am always kind of worried that I am dooming the characters with innocuous choices. But, it's fun and I want to see how it plays out, even if my characters end up dead. :D

The only issue I had so far was a hard lock up during an early scene. I had to restart the PS4 completely by pulling out the power cord. First it froze, then we quit the game. The game refused to quit. Just stuck. So we restarted the PS4. PS4 comes back to frozen screen and my husband tries to push the power button on the front with no results. So out comes the power cord. After that, I restarted and had to replay a few choices, but at least the PS4 wasn't DOA. I hope that was just a one time thing.

But besides that minor UNEXPECTED scare, the game has been much more entertaining than I was expecting. It's a perfect cheesy horror movie.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear this game was a co-op shooter thing in a cabin at one point? Survive the night type thing left for dead style? Or am I losing my mind

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@jesus_phish: Oh weird. Huh, didn't hear about this at all. Not that it would have mattered since I bought my vita in 2014.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@babychoochoo said:

Watching people play this on Twitch has been an...interesting experience and I'd be curious to know what effect if any it'd have on the game's success. When you get someone like Mary Kish whose really into the whole thing, it's super fun to see their reactions and reactions of the chat. However, a lot of streamers seem like they got a serious case of ADHD. Like, if shit isn't popping off every second, it's just constant complaining about every little fucking thing which in turn I feel sorta rubs off on the chat and they start complaining too. I dunno, I guess you could say that about any game, but still. It'd be cool if this game was a success and this is one instance where it feels like Twtich/Youtube can potentially do just as much harm as it does good.

#4AMRANTS

You're probably on to something, There's a League of Legends streamer who is streaming the game while he waits during queues for League, and he's pretty into it. Makes fun comments sometimes, but is actually into the game. And the chat LOVES the game, and wants him to play it and not League.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.