Valyria Chronicles 3!!

#1 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

So Sega registered the domain name and I really can't wait to hear more about this hopefully at TGS.  Though I haven't played the psp version which I'm sure is pretty good, I hope they release this on the ps3.  The first one is such a classic game and I'm they can push it even further, maybe some online, more units, same great artstyle?  
Source Joystiq

#2 Posted by Nexas (625 posts) -

Please be PS3. Please be PS3. Please be PS3

#3 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1109 posts) -

This just has to be on the PS3, come on Sega.  

#4 Posted by Sumbog (483 posts) -

How well did it sell on the PSP over the PS3? If its for the PS3 I will be so excited.... unless; was there a contious story between the first and second, or did they do new characters/setting, cause I didnt play the second one. Soooo many questions

#5 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

I am kinda surprised that they are already doing stuff for a 3rd one. I was wondering myself if 2 will sell well since its on the psp and not ps3. Regardless I would really like to see 3 return to home consoles.

#6 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Nexas said:
Please be PS3. Please be PS3. Please be PS3
@DrDarkStryfe said:
This just has to be on the PS3, come on Sega.
Yea, seriously.
#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Why does everyone freak out every time a domain gets registered like it is conclusive evidence that a game is in development. 

REMEMBER DRUM VILLAIN GUYS. 10/10 EVERYWHERE. THAT SHIT WAS CLASSIC.

#8 Edited by MisterMouse (3550 posts) -

I played the demo of Valkyria Chonricles 2, Still deciding whether or not I should pick up the actual game. But that is cool they are coming out with 3 on the PS3

#9 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

PS3, they can even put it out for 360. GET IT DONE.

#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Nexas said:
" Please be PS3. Please be PS3. Please be PS3 "
#11 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -
#12 Posted by Turambar (6742 posts) -

Now, the question is are they going to fix the retarded Ranking System for missions that only marks things on turns used.  VC2 made improvements on unit deployment with the APC so hopefully 3 will fix that other giant failure of a game mechanic.

#13 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Oh god, 2 more weeks? i cant wait that long :(

#14 Posted by ch3burashka (5046 posts) -

Logic dictates that it will be on the PS2.

#15 Posted by Chaser324 (6437 posts) -

Loved the original game, and I'm halfway considering buying a PSP just to get the sequel. I'm really hoping this is a full-on PS3 game.

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by mosespippy (4127 posts) -
@Chaoskiller2000 said:
" I am kinda surprised that they are already doing stuff for a 3rd one. I was wondering myself if 2 will sell well since its on the psp and not ps3. Regardless I would really like to see 3 return to home consoles. "
In Japan VC2 outsold VC1 on day 1 alone. I think those numbers make which system to put VC3 on an easy choice for SEGA. I think that if it does come to PS3 then it will be download only. The DLC for VC1 did well, so they know the fanbase is connected and want more.
#17 Edited by Citizengamer (182 posts) -

Bit more confirmation from a supposed accidental leak regarding the Tokyo Game Show. Still no word on which platform.

Sega published its four-day schedule for the 2010 Tokyo Game Show recently, and on Thursday the 16th at 2pm was planning on showing something special. Something unannounced.

Thing is, when you changed the .gif of the schedule to a .jpg, you got a different image, one with the company's "secret" game revealed. And that game is Valkyria Chronicles 3.

http://kotaku.com/5636355/valkyria-chronicles-3-to-be-shown-on-thursday

Any guesses as to whether this will continue with the original VC crew, or act as a prequel?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.