Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 10, 2012

Announced at Gamescom 2011 by BioWare Mythic, this new Warhammer game will be Play4Free. Wrath of Heroes was shut down on March 29th, 2013.

Being shut down on March 29th

mattjam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

An announcement on the Official website here: http://wrathofheroes.warhammeronline.com/news/240 states that the game will be shutting down at the end of next month. Never cared much for the game but it is still never cool to see a game get shut down. If I remember Jeff did not dislike the game.

Hope it does not lead to more lay-offs.

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man, I really didn't like it but I am sure there are people who did. Sucks for them. And I concur with hoping it doesn't lead to more lay-offs. There have been enough of those in the industry lately.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I never ended up playing a lot of it but I liked what I did play. The idea of distilling the MMO combat down and separating from the gear grind was really appealing to me. Sadly I wanted to play a specific type of character (healer) and they didn't give me access to him initially and then made him terrible dear to purchase.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Can't wait for the Warhammer Online shutdown video, though might still take a while.

HellknightLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Yeah most of the Warhammer games are super bad... They put more into the 40k then the old era Warhammer. I hope they are just moving to other dev work.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warhammer Online is the best PvP MMO with modern mechanics ever released; it's worse than DAoC in various regards but not the core combat which is much better and the scenarios are extraordinarily numerous and varied; Wrath of Heroes is just an ill timed offshoot of that.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

I was unaware of this game's existence until now.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man. Not even a year :(. Never played it but it's never fun when online games die.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

I think a big problem was lack of promotion for the game so it never gained an audience and confusion with the real warhammer online.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Chibithor

@fredchuckdave said:

Can't wait for the Warhammer Online shutdown video, though might still take a while.

I can't believe it's still not F2P, but I guess if it's still trucking along it doesn't need to be. Weird. I did really like it though, but Wrath of Heroes just seemed like a weird thing at the time and still does. Still it's too bad, servers shutting down is never fun.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By crusader8463

I met my best friend playing Warhammer Online. Even though we left the game behind not too long after meeting I will always be grateful for that. Never played this game however.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Oh right. I totally forgot that this was a thing that existed.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I played this a lot over the last 8 months. It was a ton of fun. Sad it never even got out of beta. I wonder if its a money thing or the fact that Sega got the Warhammer license. From the sounds of it they are moving on to something else. "we were able to make great inroads and insights" Good Luck to all the devs

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.