Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WarioWare D.I.Y.

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 28, 2010

WarioWare D.I.Y. is a Nintendo DS game that gives players all the tools they need to create their own microgames, comics and music tracks from scratch and share them with other players.

Share your best WarioWare DIY content - Deadline: May 20

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

Videogamesman Jeff Gerstmann agrees, WarioWare D.I.Y. is the shit.
    Videogamesman Jeff Gerstmann agrees, WarioWare D.I.Y. is the shit.

WarioWare D.I.Y.'s online component will go down May 20, along with all other Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection-enabled games. Before that happens, let's share our best D.I.Y. UGC. There is an existing thread for friend codes, but it's four years old now, full of inactive users who won't add you back and whose friend codes have probably changed because the 3DS exists. So I created a new thread, which will be much more timely because it only needs to be around for another two weeks.

Share your best microgames, records, and comics. If you don't have any, share some that you got from someone else. I think the game allows that. In-game go to the Distribution Center, connect to WFC and go to your warehouse. Add the games and other content you want to distribute. Then go to Friend Settings to get your friend code and post it here. While there, add every single friend already code posted in this thread.

I have to thank famous game developer David S. Gallant (@zvarri) for reminding me that WarioWare D.I.Y. has online micrograme sharing and is awesome. As thanks you should vote for his game on Greenlightbuy his game.

My Games

These games will be available in my warehouse, but not all at once. I'll cycle through them every now and then.

• ici : This is based on a Giant Bomb metagame created by @takua108. A game will appear and you have to guess the score that the Giant Bomb staff will give the game.
    • SML 1-3 : Based on some old video game. Just kill Totomesu. Piece of cake.
    • Killer Bots : Killer robots have somehow escaped from somewhere, and it's your task as space engineer to figure out a way to disable them.

I might create more microgames if you're lucky or unlucky. If and when that happens, they will be added to the rotation.

Friend Codes

Post your friend codes, some extra comments, maybe even screenshots. I'll try to keep this list updated. For best results, just add everyone you see here. Maybe their games will suck, maybe they're'll be awesome. You don't know until you download them.

• LordAndrew: 0520-1915-1674
      • I have three or four decent games, which I'll cycle through every few days or so. Maybe I'll toss in some other cool games I've downloaded to keep things fresh. I have no records or comics though.
    TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#2  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Really wish I could share stuff but the DS only supports WEP and I don't want to fuck around with my router just for this. Here's a video of the only cool thing I ever made though, the first combat scenario from Snatcher. Never did fix it so you couldn't shoot the same enemy multiple times.

Loading Video...

I really hope Nintendo revisits this concept, a Wii U or 3DS version with modern sharing features would be amazing.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By fobwashed

I had a few Warioware games but I have no idea how to find them again on the interwebs. I did find this picture I took while making one from a long while back.

No Caption Provided

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fobwashed

Nvm, found some old screen shots of my stuff here.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@fobwashed: Is that Sho'nuff from The Last Dragon?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Good stuff, duders.

Yeah, it would be cool if Nintendo does a sequel or revisits this idea in some other form in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.