Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

How excited are you now?

• 81 results
    i8246i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By i8246i

Nintendo's E3 ...thing made me, someone who didn't want to buy a WiiU, nearly break down in tears. Nintendo's reps were out in force, seeming to actively destroy any hope I had left in the console.

It took me a day of sulking and raging to myself to get over this phase, but I'm scarred by it. Until I am able to sit down with all the stupid controllers and am convinced that "yes, there is no other way to play this game than with my magical stick and iPad-ripoff accessory", I am going into this console release with very low expectations.

I am scared for Nintendo's future. They are not making money right now, and they have seemingly not learned from their past mistakes.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By hoossy

not enough unique content that I couldn't just get for my xbox/ps3

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By jimi

On a scale of 1 to 10? A solid 1.

There are no games that I am interested in and I was suckered into buying a wii because I thought it looked fun. It then proceeded to gather dust for years. I'm not going to make the same mistake again.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By JJOR64

Like a lot of a people have said already, the press conference wasn't impressive. Still, I'm going to get it. I've enjoyed Nintendo's previous systems so I know I will enjoy this as well. Hopefully we will see more footage about the games and the system itself before it launches this Holiday.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I'm one of the few people who wasn't affected at all by Nintendo's lackluster conference- in that I remain pretty much indifferent towards the Wii U.

It'll probably be a repeat of what happened with the first Wii for me: getting it purely for the new Smash Bros. :P

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By Hizang

Before the press conference I was really on the fence, now I really can not wait to buy one.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TentPole

At the start of the week I was excited for the Wii U. Planned on picking one up at launch. Nintendo has drained all of that excitement and I have no intention of purchasing Wii U.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Daveyo520

Not

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#59  Edited By Danteveli

I'm convinced to buy it. Maybe no word about Eternal Darkness 2 but I have seen potential for something better than stuff we are seeing.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Palmlykta

no, not excited. Since the e3 briefing I'd describe my feeling towards it as indifferent.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By Dalai

Mildly excited, but this E3 didn't really influence me at all. It's got a 2D Mario game and I'm still a sucker for those. That's probably enough for me to buy one as soon as I can.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By Sambambo

It is a current gen system with useless gimmicks.

I am edging further and further towards going full on gaming PC.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Dixavd

I am less excited. I think they totally missed an opportunity at this years E3. I think the idea is a great concept but I truly think it would be better for them to make the capabilities of the console even stronger (like that of a mid range gaming PC) if they want it to last.

Will I eventually get a WiiU, almost certainly with Smash Bros. and the next Zelda (and whatever Retro are working on), but it just doesn't seem ready this year to me. I liked the look of pikmin, rayman, mario and some details of ZombiU - I like the general concept and think a tablet controller can really do some cool stuff - but these games just don't utilize it.

I was disappointed by it this year - I hope they succeed enough with it to get some more third party support so next year it is so much stronger (sort of like 6 months after the 3DS came out) but right now they have lost me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm incapable of separating a console's launch lineup from what it will actually have in the future so not excited at all.

hardrockin006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By hardrockin006

I was very interested in the premise for the Wii U, I like asymetrical gaming and I liked the idea of a Zelda HD game with the menu on the tablet like playing Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks, possibly making notes on maps and what not.

However, the press conference showed me that Nintendo likes to say they are interested in the hardcore gamer but I don't think they know what that is. I think they believe it is the Nintendo faithful which leads to them not really doing anything new or interesting with their existing properties. They are pushing another mini-game collection and what seems to be more of the same "casual" games (for lack of a better word).

I want to play Pikmin 3, but what I've read is that the tablet isn't necessarily the best way to play the game. That doesn't bode well when a Nintendo game can't make the case for the new controller. HD graphics and another gimmick aren't going to get me day one. And unless they reveal something between now and launch that is must have WiiU only software I'll gladly wait till a price drop and I haven't done that for a Nintendo home console before.

hardrockin006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hardrockin006

@braveortega: If you think that Sony and Microsoft don't have some sort of gimmick up their sleeve you are misguided.

Microsoft Smart Glass and the Kinect is a gimmick.

Sony has had gimmicks that have been easy to ignore (Eye Toy, PS3 Eye, Move) but that doesn't make them guaranteed gimmick-free.

Hell, even the idea of a console that would be your central media device was a gimmick at one point - Nintendo and Sega's stance on that when Sony was pushing DVD playability in the PS2 was very clear that they thought it was a gimmick.

Features are only a gimmick until it becomes accepted as part of your electronic/gaming experience.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By M_Shini

I wasn't really pumped for it before and i'm still not, they don't really have what i'm looking for which probably just means i'm not really into Nintendo stuff as a whole anyway.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Seppli

I'd rather play with my penis.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Still just "meh". I just seem to think Nintendo is just trying to chase the whole "Revolutionize the Industry" feeling that they had with the NES and SNES. They keep going to gimmicks like motion control and touch screen stuff. Sure, the DS works wonderfully but, I just see the WiiU as a bigger version of that. More of the same I suppose.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DeeGee

I have gone from being optimistic about the possibilities to being totally jaded about the whole thing. Wii U looks super lame, I'm tired of gimmicks.

Avatar image for hershelgeorgelives
    hershelgeorgelives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not excited. The fact that they didn't talk any specs on hardware proves this isn't a next gen system to me. Once PS4 and Durango come out, Wii U won't have any third party support. Unless those systems turn out to not be as powerful as we think, which is a definite possibility.

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By Julmust

Not at all.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By jmood88

I don't like Nintendo products already and they haven't done anything to change my mind.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SmilingPig
    No Caption Provided
    mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mariokart64fan

very excited having my unit already preordered helps ease the pressure , of standing in a line like i did for wii and 360 ,

i dont know whats up with these so called people who claim their hard core but - i got my self a # deluxe edition w zombie u nsmb u and nintendo land-w console,

and will pick up bo2 at launch

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Not interested until I see a new Metroid, Zelda, or 3D Mario.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By Nomin

I still have a hard time understanding the need for a tablet. Why focus on a small tablet screen on anything other than small gameplay contrivances in multiplayer when you already have a huge screen estate in current TV setup? Basically, If a game is very fun to play, one should not take his or her eyes off the screen in a moment of concentration and engrossed experience, doing otherwise is physically breaking the suspension of disbelief. I'm thinking they could've easily had some 3DS integration with the console to make it function in a similar manner.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RE_Player1

@Hockeymask27 said:

big fat 0

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By penguindust

@PenguinDust said:

Show me some non-Mario game exclusives and then I'll answer. And Zombi U isn't cuttin' it. I am tired of zombies.

It's seems three months later they did just that with Bayonetta 2, so now I am intrigued. That's still far removed from "excited" but Nintendo has my attention now, at least.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By AngelN7

Nada. what I'm gonna do is just wait for a price cut , wait a couple of years after the other next gen consoles come out to see if this thing becomes the Dreamcast, wait for more games other than Zelda and Smash Bros and after all that waiting maybe I'll get one.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By rand0mZer00

I wasn't very excited about the Wii U (especially after E3) but after the conference Friday I am on board and can't wait for launch day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.