Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Is the Wii U getting packaged with a Wii remote?

Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Orange

Are they expecting you to buy an original Wii remote or is the Wii U going to come packaged with one?

It seems as if they might expect people to use both the Wii remote and "new controller" simultaneously for some games. If Nintendo didn't package them with the console, that would almost seem like they are only expecting Wii owners to buy the console. Will this drive away new gamers for the Wii U?

What do you all think about this?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Isnt the point of the new console for "U" Didnt he give an entire speech about how the Wii was for the family and the Wii U is for " U"  Or something like that? I kinda zoned out because he talked way to much. 

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cube

I hope not.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I have a Wii.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By FreakAche
    @Cube said:
    I hope not.
    Why not? They've announced that only one tablet controller can be used at a time. Shouldn't they make sure everyone is set up to play multiplayer games?
    Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I imagine they probably figure that just about everyone who would buy a Wii U has access to a Wiimote at this point.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

@FreakAche said:

@Cube said:
    I hope not.
    Why not? They've announced that only one tablet controller can be used at a time. Shouldn't they make sure everyone is set up to play multiplayer games?

I can't remember the last console that bundled two controllers at launch. I already have 4 Wii Remotes roaming around so the last thing I and many Wii owners need is another Wii Remote cluttering up the media room.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

Seems like you should get super mad about this and boycott WiiU over it, hardcore. 

Wiimote is going to be a control option, 1 of 3(the tablet and the classic), many games offer. But the main control option now will be the tablet. So yes, if you want to utilize one of the optional control schemes, you'll have to buy the controller for it. As opposed to them packaging every console with 3 controllers, cus you'd bitch at them if they did that too.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

It seems the dual analog controller fanboys are going to have a fit. You should only give up on your consoles, when the next one is released. But you didn't like the Wii, so why care about Wii U? Pay up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.