Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Just bought a Wii U

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So... on an whim I decided it was time for the Wii U. Some of the Nintendo games on display at E3 looked interesting, especially X (I missed Xenoblade, but I'm a huge Xenogears fan so I'm definitely down with that team's games).

I picked up the Deluxe ZombieU pack on Newegg which comes with the regular Deluxe package, ZombieU, and a Pro controller. $399 seemed like a good price.

So, I'm down for Mario Kart 8, X, Zelda U, Mario 3D Land U, mmmaaaybe Monster Hunter. Any other games I should be on the look out for in the future?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@zohar: Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 both come out in the next few months (August and September, I believe). If you like RPGs/Strategy RPGs, you might also keep an eye out for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, though that one's still really early in development, if the one teaser trailer for it that's been released so far is any indication.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

For games out right now, New Super Mario Bros. U and Lego City Undercoverd are fun if you enjoy those types of games. Nintendo Land is a solid Minigame collection and Game & Wario is alright.

Nintendo Land is on sale for $20.99 right now on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002I0K3M0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1373000517&sr=1-1

For games in the future there is also Pikmin 3 in August, Wonderful 101 in September, Wind Waker HD and Sonic Lost World in October, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in November for this year. Also Super Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2 are next year.

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zohar

Ah yes, WW and Smash Bros. Definitely gonna get those. Pikman maybe if it's good. I'm watching some Youtube videos of Mario 3D World and it looks pretty cool. I liked 3D land, so I'll probably pick that up. I should get some Wii Games that I missed out on too, now that I think of it. Should be able to pick them up on the cheap.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@zohar said:

Ah yes, WW and Smash Bros. Definitely gonna get those. Pikman maybe if it's good. I'm watching some Youtube videos of Mario 3D World and it looks pretty cool. I liked 3D land, so I'll probably pick that up. I should get some Wii Games that I missed out on too, now that I think of it. Should be able to pick them up on the cheap.

Depends on which Wii games you want. Rare releases like Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy will cost you an arm and a leg online these days, but other games are far more reasonable.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zohar: Hop on the eShop and buy Toki Tori 2!

If you have any interest in games that don't hand-hold you but instead are super well designed in that they don't need a single line of text to communicate anything to you, you'll love it.

Also, unless you've played the original already, be on the lookout for Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut in the coming months. The changes they've made sound pretty delicious.

And definitely don't underestimate Pikmin 3. There's simply no chance that it won't be good ;)

Oh and one thing in general, prepare yourself to check out the eShop every Thursday to see what's new and keep an eye out for announcements since GB's coverage of content coming to Nintendo platforms is ... lacking, I shall say.

If you're looking for some interesting, cheap and under the radar Wii games to catch up on, I believe there are many threads and lists with such games here. I think even @hailinel has written a blog or twenty about some of them ;)

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks DeF I'll look those up. I haven't played Toki Tori, maybe it'll be fun! I'm thinking Mario Galaxy 2, never played it, but I loved the original, so I'll try to grab that. I'd play Xenoblade, but yeah like you said, so pricey. Maybe Monolith will put it out on the eShop to promote X...

artdias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Im gonna wait for christmas, hope it will reduced a few euros. And i want to see mario kart 8

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've literally just bought one, Amazon have a deal to get the deluxe for £199 and the basic for £149. I got the basic, won't take much longer to fill 32GB so I'll be buying a hard drive anyway and Nintendoland goes cheap nowadays. I haven't actually got a game for it yet though...

Zohar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zohar

I've played a bit of ZombieU and it seems pretty awesome. I definitely wanna get more time in on that. I've played the first few worlds of New Super Mario Bros. U. TOO MUCH FUCKING WAH WAH. Controls don't seem as tight as I thought they would/should be. Overall seems OK, but I'm not super hot on it. Just barely scratched the surface of Monster Hunter Ultimate but I like what I've played so far. I'm trying my best to ignore the poor Wii graphics. The artstyle and gameplay definitely makes up for it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.