Americans, Nintendo wants you to buy a new Wii.

#1 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

They want you to buy a new PAL model. 
So you can import their upcoming PAL only releases. 

It's good money, trust me.

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Thanks for the tip, man. Yeah, and that way I could play Skyward Sword 2 days sooner!

#3 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
Thanks for the tip, man. Yeah, and that way I could play Skyward Sword 2 days sooner!
You have a point there.
#4 Posted by alternate (2702 posts) -

I think he means the Operation Rainfall games like xenosaga - but you could also just softmod your NTSC wii, import a legit copy, keep it shrinkwrapped and dl the iso. 

#5 Posted by picklecannon (265 posts) -

If you have an SD card you can soft mod your wii yourself to unlock it. It's so easy to not be region locked on the wii.

#6 Posted by rmanthorp (3944 posts) -

I wish I still cared about the Wii :(

#7 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@alternate@picklecannon:  
No, no. 
See, they want you to buy a PAL Wii, so you don't have to soft-mod your NTSC Wii, import a legit copy, unwrap it and play it. 
#8 Posted by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

no no no they want you to get a nintendo 3ds  

#9 Posted by robot4me (193 posts) -

I already have have one wii collecting dust. I don't need to dust collectors. I quit caring about the wii when it would have 3 to 4 month dry spells.

#10 Posted by penINC (136 posts) -
@manthorp said:

I wish I still cared about the Wii :(

I wish Nintendo still cared about the Wii.
#11 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Thanks for the tip. I was just telling my wife we needed another overpriced paper weight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.