Anyone else play the Klonoa remake?

#1 Posted by CyborgNixon (99 posts) -

Everyother person I know who has a wii not only doesn't have it, but hasn't even heard of it. Shame 'cause it's a great platformer.
#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (13977 posts) -

I didn't play the original Klonoa and the remake looked like an alright platformer but not a game I'd enjoy all that much.

#3 Posted by sewageking (31 posts) -

Yes, I'm playing it now actually.  I never played the original Klonoa on PS1, so I never knew that it more or less invented the 2.5-D perspective.  It's a fantastic game; certainly one of the best 2-D platformers I've played.  It's lots of fun,  and it has great graphics.  The story is also absolutely ridiculous, but it's fine for such a cartoony, childish game.  My only complaint is that it's a little bit on the simple side in terms of gameplay.  I guess it didn't sell too well, because I haven't heard much about it since it came out.  Even so, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes platforming games.

#4 Posted by CyborgNixon (99 posts) -
@sewageking:
I had an opm demo disc with the klonoa demo on it back in the day. If you liked klonoa on the wii, you should check out the sequel for the ps2. I got my copy for under $20.
#5 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@CyborgNixon:  
 I've been wanting to. I even signed that petition asking Namco not to use that new "furry-centric" look. 

I'll get it once I finish Mushroom Men. Did you play that?    
#6 Posted by Icemael (6271 posts) -

I bought it two days ago, and finished it today. Very nice game. Kind of drags towards the end, but the platforming is solid, the game looks great, and the soundtrack is superb.

#7 Posted by csl316 (7392 posts) -

Yeah, the soundtrack is awesome.  I remember playing a PS1 demo back in the day, and when I booted the Wii version up I couldn't help but grin when I heard the first stage's music.

It's fun, so I should probably finish it.

#8 Posted by SkyMasterson (33 posts) -

I did too. Very fun game, just a bit on the short and easy side, but hey it's charming and had a nostalgic charm to it. 

Too bad it sold poorly though. I would have loved to have seen a Klonoa 2 wiimake :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.