Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

IGN's Top 10 No Brainer Wii MotionPlus Designs

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Black_Rose
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/917/917296p1.html

Personally i agree with the list except for cooking games, i like that they added the tilt puzzle genre because i loved Mercury Meltdown Rev. Freesbe golf was kind of "what the fuck?" but i dont know. Sword fighting is of course an obvious and awesome choice, i can't wait to see some samurai action games on the Wii using 1:1 ^_^

Sorry if it's a bit old.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

Meh. Don't read this. It get's up your hopes again, and we all know proper motion control games are still  not going to happen.

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Knives
    Meowayne said:
    "Meh. Don't read this. It get's up your hopes again, and we all know proper motion control games are still  not going to happen."
    What are you talking about? We've already seen two of those ten in Wii Sports Resort, frisbee (minus the stupid dog) and sword-dueling, and they look pretty damn good.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well I think he means they won't be close to being true to life which is true (to block in the sword fighting game you have to also hold a button down for example) but which also never happen until we see vast advancements in technology, both visual and input. It's still another step to the right direction, the first step being the Wii as it is. I love what Nintendo are doing for gaming, we'll be seeing some truly amazing things come next gen. Not to lessen the impact of the Wii, it merely happens to be the first transitional stage and still puts out grand games, just closer to the last gen gameplay than I think and hope next gen will be (regardless of which first party is discussed).

Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Roy42

Not a very compelling list, but a few points none the less, mostly the sword fighting and tilt control gameplay games.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dark_Link142

Decent list, I suppose. Can't wait for sword-fighting in Wii Sports resort, though. That's definitely a no-brainer choice to put in.

And I have to agree with the cooking games one.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Player1

This is exactly what I wanted with my wii. Its gone now though. 

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Emilio

Man, I have an idea for an epic 1:1 action game... but sadly I'm not in the gaming industry. :(
    I think you guys would have loved it.

I want a good arcadey baseball game with these controls. Or maybe a new Mutant League Hockey.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Player1 said:
    "This is exactly what I wanted with my wii. Its gone now though. "
    Suck it up, Schrute.
    Roy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Roy42
    Emilio said:
    "Man, I have an idea for an epic 1:1 action game... but sadly I'm not in the gaming industry. :(

I want a good arcadey baseball game with these controls. Or maybe a new Mutant League Hockey."
    PM me with the full idea and i could see what i can do.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Emilio
    Roy42 said:
    "Emilio said:
    "Man, I have an idea for an epic 1:1 action game... but sadly I'm not in the gaming industry. :(

I want a good arcadey baseball game with these controls. Or maybe a new Mutant League Hockey."
    PM me with the full idea and i could see what i can do."
    Yar har har, I'd have to be lead designer/character desginer/writer if it ever got picked up.
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Earthbounder

That was a good list. Some of the choices would be great for WiiWare games. I would buy all of them. :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail
    Emilio said:
    "Roy42 said:
    "Emilio said:

PM me with the full idea and i could see what i can do."
    Yar har har, I'd have to be lead designer/character desginer/writer if it ever got picked up."
    So you won't tell us your idea eh?

Knives
    said:
    "Meowayne said:
    "Meh. Don't read this. It get's up your hopes again, and we all know proper motion control games are still  not going to happen."
    What are you talking about? We've already seen two of those ten in Wii Sports Resort, frisbee (minus the stupid dog) and sword-dueling, and they look pretty damn good."
    Is it really necessary to say that Wii Sports doesn't count?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.