Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Need some help deciding.

JimmyBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JimmyBones

I know what you're gonna think. "just now playing those?" but I realized recently that I had not given enough love to my WII

I went out and got LOZTP for 12 bucks and on a whim got Super Mario Galaxy on a whim but bought it new.

Think I made a good choice on these? I dunno which one to play first!!! someone help me decide.

Think I should just beat one then move to the other or split time. I've not played either of these and want some input about the games and such.

How long is SMG and Zelda? I need answers!!

Oh and Hi i'm a long time Gamespotter who left when gerst left and just now using this account i created a while back ... welcome me.... NOW!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Twilight Princess is extremely easy but it should last you a while. I think it took me over 20 hours, without even trying to find secret things (though I did find many, but it just happened, I didn't pursue it). Galaxy is quite long also. Twilight Princess gets a lot of hate but it's a great game if you ask me. Not without flaws, but come on, it's a 20 hour action adventure, these days you're getting 6-8 hour games and they're full of filler content on top of that, the positives outweigh its negatives in my book. Galaxy, well, it doesn't even get any hate. You should just be playing them instead of asking.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

I would say these games complement each other very well, and you should switch to Galaxy (plain jump-in-and-have-fun) whenever you're fed up with the Zelda formula and mood. 

Also, get Wii Sports Resort and Dead Space: Extraction ASAP. :D

Edit: Welcome!

JimmyBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JimmyBones

Well ya I've been playing TP and just got to the first dungeon after turning back into link. I'm digging it so far but think I missed my chance on an empty bottle I think I should have by now.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

Super Mario Galaxy is about 20 hours long, and if you ask me, it's the better of the two by far. Innovative, creative and most important of all, fun... to call it a magical experience would be an understatement. One of the generation's best games, hands down. 

Twilight Princess is about 50 hours long, and isn't nearly as polished. I'm not saying it isn't a great game and I definitely recommend playing it, but it's very rough around the edges and there are a lot of small annoyances that a current-gen game shouldn't have.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Willy105

Zelda TP lasted me about 30 hours to finish (across 6 months) and I don't know how much Mario Galaxy lasted, but it's shorter, but I am replaying it with Luigi.

Both are epic games.

kuwabaratheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By kuwabaratheman

Super Mario Galaxy is the much better game, but both of them are very good and definitely worth playing.

JimmyBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JimmyBones

thanks for all the advice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.