Pick one of these Fall release titles...

#1 Posted by MushroomSamba (171 posts) -

Say you have a $20 gift card, and you can only get one of these 4 games: 

• Kirby's Epic Yarn (Oct 17)
  • Sonic Colors (Nov 16)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nov 21)
  • Disney Epic Mickey (Nov 30)
...Which would you pick and why? Also, which do you think is most likely to drop in price first? 

Being a Sonic fan, I'm probably most interested in Sonic Colors, but I feel it's also the riskiest proposition. If it's great, then holy crap that's a big deal. Problem is, history hints that it's much more likely to suck.

Donkey Kong Country Returns looks like the most fun platformer of the bunch, even though I wasn't that big a fan of DKC back on the SNES. 

Kirby's Epic Yarn will probably be the best or at least the most innovative of the bunch.  

I'm probably least excited about Disney Epic Mickey, but the 2D platforming stuff looks sweet. I also love the storybook presentation.

Hmm, decisions, decisions.
#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You weren't a big fan of DKC? No way.

Well, dude, I think you might just have to wait for some reviews. When you're tight on cash, it's good to wait and be sure. Right now, I'd say Donkey Kong Country Returns, but considering you weren't a fan of the older games, it's very possible you won't like it. Kirby's Epic Yarn looks pretty darn good, but I'm not yet convinced that it's a must-buy. You gotta wait a while before they come out anyway, so you might as well wait a little longer and check out reviews.

#3 Posted by MushroomSamba (171 posts) -

I didn't say I wasn't a fan, just not as crazy about DK as maybe Sonic.

#4 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

It's a toss up between Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn. I enjoyed the original DKC and this reboot looks promising. Epic Yarn just looks different from any game I've ever seen, in a good way. The art style stands out and the game mechanics being shown look promising. I have to agree with Guero though, games are expensive and I'll wait for the reviews before making my decision.

#5 Posted by rentfn (1277 posts) -

I can't wait for DKC. I LOVED the first one. But I also love Mickey and Kirby.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23915 posts) -

Right now, I'm leaning more toward Epic Mickey than the others.  I love a good 2D platformer, but Epic Mickey looks like something pretty special.  I hope it turns out well.

If any game is going to drop in price, I suspect Sonic Colors will first because it's a Sonic game and Sega has a horrible marketing department.

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

Kirby

#8 Edited by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -
@Hailinel: It's sad to think that people are are payed to make Sonic look like shit (inadvertently or not). 

Edit: I also want to clarify that I know the later sonic games are shit. Didn't want to imply that the games are golden and marketing just makes them look bad.
#9 Posted by ESREVER (2671 posts) -

Kirby's Epic Yarn and the DKCR for me. Not too interested in the other two titles.

#10 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
" Kirby "
#11 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Epic Mickey followed by Kirby.

#12 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Epic Mickey has Warren Spector so I'll take that I guess.

#13 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -

Epic Mickey has my vote. It will most likely be the only Wii game I buy this year.

#14 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country Returns because it looks great to me and will probably be fairly challenging
Kirby Epic Yarn looks great, but Kirby games have always been too easy (for me, anyways)
Epic Mickey might be OK but I don't really see the appeal
Sonic Colors is just *barf*

#15 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

Kirby.  No contest at all.

#16 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

I've got my eye on either Donkey Kong Country Returns or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Donkey Kong, already got it pre-ordered too.

*hums the theme

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.