Wireless Wii Sensor Bar

#1 Posted by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

Alright, so I saw these at a Wal-Mart the other day and I was wondering if anyone here owns one and how it works?
I always hated the fact that the sensor bar came attached to a long, thin wire and am very interested in the wireless sensor bar

#2 Edited by Voxatron (352 posts) -
@MatPaget said:

" Alright, so I saw these at a Wal-Mart the other day and I was wondering if anyone here owns one and how it works? I always hated the fact that the sensor bar came attached to a long, thin wire and am very interested in the wireless sensor bar "

I do, and I'm pretty sure everything is IR so yeah it's pretty basic.  If I'm not mistaken though the sensor bar really doesn't do much so wireless or not. 
 p.s. Did you know you can just use TV remotes or candles instead?
#3 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

My friend had one for his Wii. It worked well and it runs on batteries. Seems useful if you just want to get rid of wire or are taking your Wii somewhere.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

All the Wiimote detects are two lights on top or bottom of the TV.  I believe you can even light two candles and it'll work that way.

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:

" All the Wiimote detects are two lights on top or bottom of the TV.  I believe you can even light two candles and it'll work that way. "

#6 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

Yea my friend has one and he says it's way better because the cheap, thin cord on the original always shorts out.

#7 Posted by Bones8677 (3224 posts) -

If you wanna go super cheap just get a couple of candles. Preferably those that are in glasses, you don't want wax all over your entertainment center.

#8 Posted by lozartist (9 posts) -

The Wireless sensor bar also has the benefit of a wider range for bigger rooms, which is nice for people playing on bigger tvs and have to sit farther away.

#9 Posted by Zealousadonis (133 posts) -

I have one, it works fine but I tend to forget to turn it off when I'm not using it out of habit of not needing to with the wired one so it generally costs me a pair of batteries the odd time I turn on my Wii. I wouldn't have gotten it but the cord on my old one was cut by a vacuum and wireless was my only choice as a replacement.

So I guess if you're less forgetful than I am it would work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.