Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

WOW REACTIONS

Qbsbb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Qbsbb9
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

LULZ!  I don't understand the over-reacting either.  I mean, yeah, I can be accused of calling other players idiots and retards on a regular basis...and it seriously was because they were idiots and retards.  I mean, when someone types "get out of the novas and you won't die" and someone continues to blatantly stand in them and continually cause wipes in a party...leading to those people wasting more time on a fight than they should have to...then it's because they are fucking stupid and need to GTFO of the game.

Nonetheless, I never slammed chairs around or tried to shove a remote up my ass or anything crazy, and I can't say I've ever called anyone a racial slur because of them being stupid.

I think your question is not only a great, valid topic point, but I think that video was a great prime example of a o.O scenario to me.  I just don't get it at all.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Racist twat.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Racist twat. "
    If there's one thing I don't like it's a racist.
    ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ahriman22

I hate WoW.

Qbsbb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Qbsbb9

I couldn't have said it better myself, I also get angry sometimes at games, like when my guy doesn't catch the ball in Madden, or when I get killed online in call of duty, but I never throw a fit, it's all part of the game and the maturity to be able to understand the fact that it is a video game and learn what your doing wrong so you don't make the same mistake twice and become a better player

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
    @Qbsbb9 said:
    " I couldn't have said it better myself, I also get angry sometimes at games, like when my guy doesn't catch the ball in Madden, or when I get killed online in call of duty, but I never throw a fit, it's all part of the game and the maturity to be able to understand the fact that it is a video game and learn what your doing wrong so you don't make the same mistake twice and become a better player "
    There's a small difference between Madden and WoW:  WoW costs $15 a month, and it's a bit of a timesink compared to Madden.  When you are organizing a 25-man raid (back in the day a 40-man raid) and you are trying to get everyone organized over something like Vent and make sure that they understand the fights...I mean, with the hassle that it all takes to get shit straightened out, you don't want to have a wipefest going in there.  So it can be INCREDIBLY frustrating when you are wanting to play the game, and instead you are standing around and waiting for everyone to get their shit together...and when they finally do, it's a wipefest in less than a minute because people don't listen, don't know what the fuck they are doing, and don't know the shit they've gotten into.

That doesn't, however, give an excuse for racist comments nor overreacting.  That's when a mature person would say "I'm sorry, I just can't continue to be in this group/raid/whatever because it's becoming frustrating" and you find a replacement for the group.  No one HAS to do the shit, and if they do the shit and this is the result, then they are leading a poor example for gamers everywhere.

By all means, though...if I were playing Mega Man 9 and kept dying...I'd be throwing my fucking controller through every TV in the house!!!  lol  With Mega Man, overreacting is TOTALLY excusable!
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

People do this with all games.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Hector

WoW that was crazy...

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By jonnyboy

This man is an oxygen stealing waste of skin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hahahahaha, he's so pissed and the guy passes him something "Thanks Justin" then a few seconds later "Fuckin niggers!" LOL

So racist yet so funny.

Second video

Fourth Video

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sgjackson

I've seen worse freakouts from older men playing WoW, in person. Not racist, but louder yelling and ranting.

They were hilarious.

BlameTheGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlameTheGame

Wow is fun, always been.

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@ahriman22 said:
    "I hate WoW."

Why shouldn't you?
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Gizmo
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @ahriman22 said:
    "I hate WoW."
    Why shouldn't you? "
    Because it's a very good MMO, probably the best one out there.

From my experience the only people who dislike WoW are the ones who really suck at it, and can't get their head round the idea of not having everything handed to them on a plate, so ragequit.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Gizmo: Or have never played it and make up a bunch of exaggerations about the game and its playerbase.

Regardless that guy is an idiot (a racist idiot, no less) and really needs to learn to take the game less seriously. Unless he's acting; that's all the rage these days.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Absurd

I can get mad over FPS games like Counter Strike, but MMORPGs don't get that reaction out of me.

Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shermanator

That guy really needs to get mad about something that matters a lot more then WoW.   

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ahriman22
    @Gizmo: I don't like MMOS. I played WoW and it isn't "hard to get my head around". Too much grinding. It's like a black hole that sucks up all my time. I could be doing better things than holding W/Up for 15 minutes to get to the next quest.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gizmo
    @ahriman22 said:
    " @Gizmo: I don't like MMOS. I played WoW and it isn't "hard to get my head around". Too much grinding. It's like a black hole that sucks up all my time. I could be doing better things than holding W/Up for 15 minutes to get to the next quest. "
    RPG's are time consuming, even the best of them. Look at Oblivion for example.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fr0br0

Any games that requires me to go on a 2 hour raid without breaks sucks in my opinion. If you don't mind screwing off real life things then fine, but the amount of time to do those types of things and to even grind your way up to have the ability to do those things sucks and is one of the worst ideas for video games ever.

But Blizzard is fucking brilliant for getting so many people hooked.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iam3green

ha, that is funny. i use to play WoW all the time. i would say things like that; aawww god damn it. the game got boring because people stopped doing raids because wraith of the lich king was coming out. i quit like three months before the game came out. i don't think i'm going to be playing the game anytime soon either.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sabata
    That guy should rage-quit life.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
    @Fr0Br0: Typically, after every boss fight, you ask if people need a break for anything (i.e. smoke break, bio, food, etc).  If not, then they are assholes.

@Gizmo said:
    "Because it's a very good MMO, probably the best one out there."
    "Most popular" MMO.  It's definitely not even close to "best".  LOTR, Vanguard, and WAR all have far more rewarding content, and from what I hear, Aion is pretty damn amazing.  However, those games are very much focused on the "multiplayer" part of the MMO abbreviation.  In WoW, you can be a lone wolf and still get epics through random group invites.  In the others, you have to forge a good, solid relationship with your guild and players.  Also, I can't necessarily say a game is the best when it:
    • Beta tests patches for months on end, only to release them and they break the game...then those patches need patches, and those patches need patches...DESPITE the months of beta testing
    • Adds so many numbers to stats that it causes poor co-efficients and scaling issues, leading to gear dependance rather than skill dependance in PvE and PvP
    • Decreases the amount of time you are in a dungeon because users complain about having to work for their gear
    • Forces players to run specific teams in order to break high-end Arena brackets

...along with a slew of other issues I had with the game.  I still played it, and I enjoyed it...to a point.  After a while, though, the chore of going through it and knowing that it could be more difficult, more challenging, and vastly more rewarding than having purpz handed to me on a golden platter...it just pissed me off too much, man.  I remember Vanilla WoW and how challenging that shit could be.

To be honest...the overreaction that this guy has is how I internally feel inside when I think about how cool WoW was when it started and what it's slowly become:  MySpace with graphics.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By JJOR64

Whats up with all the videos of people getting pissed off about WoW lately?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ahriman22 said:
    " I hate WoW. "
    I hate WoW.
    RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RetroIce4

RAAAAGE time! This guy makes me feel mature. I used to throw fits like that, but not anymore.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Disgaeamad
    @jakob187 said:
    "Nonetheless, I never tried to shove a remote up my ass ."
    You are now imagining Jakob shoving a remote up his ass.

Manually.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Claude

He's not racist, he's just being a dumbass. He never knew he was being taped. He could have been saying peanut butter. Fucking peanut butter. Goddamn fucking motherfucking peanut butter. Butt... What the fuck! Fucking peanut butter. Fucks.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ahriman22
    @Gizmo: Now Oblivion I do like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.