Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Corrupt Xbox Live Moderator?

• 193 results
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

If I was the in The Pro's position when that kid started cussing him out, I would have permanently banned all of his accounts and consoles.

dargis49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By dargis49
    @mano521 said:

" that is pretty ridiculous. although you arent allowed to trash talk or exploit or harass people, its pretty obvious they have to take some leniency because that is what happens on COD every second. he just seems to get a hard-on for banning people for minor offences, if for any offence at all "

You're not aloud to trash talk over Live? Since when?

"Underground
    If you aren't afraid of trash talk, the Underground is for you. Not for the faint of heart. 
    Motto: "Take no prisoners!" "

That was taken from directly from Xbox .com under  Xbox LIVE Gamer Zone.
     EDIT:
    Since they were modding, now that I've seen the "unedited version", I'm glad they have mods out there. But, IW needs to do what Bungie does. They have a thing built in to Halo 3 that can detect modders.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153  Edited By agentboolen

Wow its crazy how fast that guy has him disconnect, its really that instant.  I guess the Xbox Live moderators really do have some power.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#154  Edited By TheHBK

I guess the conclusion we can reach now, since the video is heavily edited is that the guy probably did something that deserved a ban/suspension.

That said, the mod is a bitch.  He seems so proud of his authority to ban people and the way he talks not just to this guy, but to other people playing the game shows he is better suited for cleaning vaginas than policing xbox live.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By George_Hukas
    @Sinatra said:
    " The Pro just needs to get his ass handed to him in every game. "
    If you ever played with him he does. The Pro is HORRIBLE. 
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By REDRUN

The user itzlupo deserves the ban. The vendetta was brought upon himself.  He has history of multiple gamertag and console bans. He posts instruction on how to hack, cheat and mod Xbox 360's. He made it his vendetta and his entertainment to spread grief on the Xbox community especially to it's authorities. With a little investigation, you can find the facts which would lead you to the truth. Still, I wouldn't change personal perspectives if there is a prejudice in this matter. Here is the little douche's youtube page. It has all his uploads and history there. Not all of use could afford a $299 lesson in to not be a douche; not to mention being a total tool about it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzLuPo

the unedited video

Venom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Venom09

The video was edited so you can't fully blame the Mod. But it is still the mods job to deal with the problem without provoking it further.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By George_Hukas

So I watched the unedited video..

What mods did this kid supposedly use? I mean I know he was doing so good, 4-20 and all.. 

Is talking shit a bannable offense now? Fuck Tho Pro's grandmother

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#159  Edited By slax

As people have said, these guys totally deserved to be banned. I don't think anyone will really disagree with this. But The Pro should have banned them as soon as they started trash talking, breaking TOS. That little kid in the unedited video was an idiot, but the mod waited to threaten him before banning him. 
    I think the fact that he was talked to about his tone is enough, and that he will hopefully act more professionally in the future.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

wow...I reafirm my words after seeing the unedited, We all should wish we were nice as thepro was If I was a mod id have found address information and beat the living shit out of that kid for what he is saying.

thepro did nothing wrong and was perfectly within his rights to say and do what he did specially against such a harsh and violent harrasment as that...fucking a grandmother till she spits blood? there is no defending that and there is only endorsing what thepro said and did.

P.S: not a single person in this thread saying he acted unprofessional would have acted any different infact acted worse if in his position, Or are you gonna say you are gonna sit while a little kid talks about raping your grandmother till she spits blood calmly?

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By desoda

Console-ban the glitchers. But that little 7-year old should've gotten banned halfway in his fucking tirade.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By j_drace

If you watch the unedited video that little kid is telling him I fucked your grandmother up the ass so hard that she flew out the window and shit like that, it's crazy.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#163  Edited By Kyreo

Modern Warfare is getting so not so great press.  First that kid runs off and dies because of CoD4 and now this whole moderator corruption is brought out.  

StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By StillVictor

I think the point here is that those kids deserved their banning. The mods shouldn't have to put up with this kind of language. I say, if you speak like that, mods can speak to you as they see fit. You have no right to complain.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By august
    @cide:  Try reading the thread, or check out any of the youtube channels where the same people who are bitching about thepro have instructional videos on every glitch/mod/grief under the sun.
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By George_Hukas
    @august said:
    " @cide:  Try reading the thread, or check out any of the youtube channels where the same people who are bitching about thepro have instructional videos on every glitch/mod/grief under the sun. "
    Dude, I am aware of the vast amount of glitching and hacking communities out there.. thats not what this is about.

The stupid kid wasn't modding.. he went 4-20 and the other team got a nuke. 

(You don't just turn your mods on in the middle of the round)
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By EvilTwin

Sounds like this moderator is letting things get too personal.  I doubt anything he was doing was explicitly corrupt or wrong, but some people just aren't meant to have power over others.

mattbirdy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By mattbirdy1986

boo hoo now another kid cant play MW 2  its a shame aint it 

seems like the guy had a reason and hes being paid for it so fair play to thepro

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#169  Edited By Ravenousrattler

There is not enough evidence to convict the mod, and god knows what that guy did before that to get his ass suspended. The mod did have an attitude but who doesn't after playing a few matches with dipshits on modern warfare 2.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By august
    @cide said:
    " @august said:
    " @cide:  Try reading the thread, or check out any of the youtube channels where the same people who are bitching about thepro have instructional videos on every glitch/mod/grief under the sun. "
    Dude, I am aware of the vast amount of glitching and hacking communities out there.. thats not what this is about.  The stupid kid wasn't modding.. he went 4-20 and the other team got a nuke.   (You don't just turn your mods on in the middle of the round) "
    This was posted one page ago.
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#171  Edited By Ace829
    @WilliamRLBaker: I would've acted differently to be honest. Why stoop to their level? There is something called ignoring (or not feeding the troll). Why get the kid riled up? Just ban him and go along your business. He could've been banning other idiots in different games, but instead he wastes his time flaunting his power like a pathetic loser. All I'm saying is just shut up and do your job. I understand that the mod didn't make any grandmother comments, but he did come off as a power-hungry douche.
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By George_Hukas
    @august said:
    " @cide said:
    " @august said:
    Dude, I am aware of the vast amount of glitching and hacking communities out there.. thats not what this is about.  The stupid kid wasn't modding.. he went 4-20 and the other team got a nuke.   (You don't just turn your mods on in the middle of the round) "
    This was posted one page ago. "
    OK maybe you missed what I said. He wasn't modding or hacking, he's just some stupid kid who claimed he was.

Hence the "kiss your xbox goodbye" line. I'm not debating the existence of modders or glitchers, just saying the level 20, prestige 0, shit-talking kid wasn't modding.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By august
    @cide:  Because there's no way that kid ever hacked or modded in the past, and they have a record of it. He's juts some poor innocent kid who claims to hack, screaming obscenities.

someone please think of the children
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By George_Hukas
    @august said:
    " @cide:  Because there's no way that kid ever hacked or modded in the past, and they have a record of it. He's juts some poor innocent kid who claims to hack, screaming obscenities.

someone please think of the children "
    Please don't edit my quotes..

And you are suprised? He didn't know who he was talking to.

And I guarantee you that kid is not smart enough the hack or JTAG an xbox.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Terry_Bogard said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @Terry_Bogard said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker: His general attitude is not what I'd expect from someone in a position of authority. I'm just saying, no matter what way the video was cut, he should have just banned the people rather than arguing with/possibly provoking them. "
    he wasn't arguing with them, he was explaining to them to stop doing stupid shit, and he wasn't provoking them either they were provoking him, no matter his position what they were saying to him he had every right to respond too. "
    I think threatening to prema-ban someones console is pretty provoking...  "
    and after they said and did what? called into question his sexuality? said his mother was a bitch? told him how he could never stop him from hacking their xboxes? because as it seems theprosuks a xbox hacker said his friend lupe was banned. which leads us to likely believe that lupe was hacking his xbox and showing it on justin.tv  the footage is massively edited and in a fight with retards he has every right to say he is god there they can do nothing to harm him hes getting angry in that video and has every right to say what he says. "
    I know the dood who posted the video is shifty.... I'm talking about that mods attitude towards everyone else in the game. Threatening everyone because of one hacker (possibly) is just bullshit. "
    but if you look at it, everyone else in the video was talking shit to him too. The poster of the video just edited out what they were saying so it LOOKED like the mod was threatening them for no reason.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By DystopiaX
    @cide said:
    " @august said:
    " @cide:  Because there's no way that kid ever hacked or modded in the past, and they have a record of it. He's juts some poor innocent kid who claims to hack, screaming obscenities.

Please don't edit my quotes..  And you are suprised? He didn't know who he was talking to.  And I guarantee you that kid is not smart enough the hack or JTAG an xbox. "
    If you look at the ToU, it clearly states that you can't shit talk either, and the unedited version shows how much shit the little kid was talking. Even if he didn't hack (which I think is unlikely), the repeated verbal abuse alone warrants the action.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#177  Edited By Marz

Sounds like the mod was harassed for awhile, didn't seem like these kids believed him so he snapped and banned them lol.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By George_Hukas
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @cide said:
    " @august said:

Please don't edit my quotes..  And you are suprised? He didn't know who he was talking to.  And I guarantee you that kid is not smart enough the hack or JTAG an xbox. "
    If you look at the ToU, it clearly states that you can't shit talk either, and the unedited version shows how much shit the little kid was talking. Even if he didn't hack (which I think is unlikely), the repeated verbal abuse alone warrants the action. "
    Never said I don't agree with that, what he said was no doubt out of line

Just sayin, if he was hacking he would either be prestiged or do better than 4-20
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#179  Edited By Jeffsekai
    C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By C0V3RT
    @WilliamRLBaker said:

" wow...I reafirm my words after seeing the unedited, We all should wish we were nice as thepro was If I was a mod id have found address information and beat the living shit out of that kid for what he is saying.  thepro did nothing wrong and was perfectly within his rights to say and do what he did specially against such a harsh and violent harrasment as that...fucking a grandmother till she spits blood? there is no defending that and there is only endorsing what thepro said and did.  P.S: not a single person in this thread saying he acted unprofessional would have acted any different infact acted worse if in his position, Or are you gonna say you are gonna sit while a little kid talks about raping your grandmother till she spits blood calmly? "

I absolutely wouldn't have said that if i were in his position regardless of what he said.  As an employee of of a service provider, you can't talk to the people you're providing service to like that..  If The Pro was using a private gamertag not associated with being a Microsoft employee - ripping the kid a new one would be totally fine.  Considering that all he needed to do what ban the kid - there was no need to say anything to anyone.  

Tell me - what is spitting back at the kid going to achieve?  Yeah you'd probably feel better but you're just egging him on and telling the kid, "you got a response out of me, you win".  The whole point of the video was to egg on The Pro to get the type of response they got, edit it, and make him look corrupt while they look innocent.  They got the response they hoped for - they won.
    Fjordhermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Fjordhermit

@anyone who's talking ill about the mod:
    Watch the unedited video..  

To pass judgment on the mod before watching the unedited video is utterly uninformed.
     I'm no prude, but the shit that poured out of that little kid's mouth (along with his blatant cheating in front of a mod)..  well, if you're still on the kid's side after watching the real video, I don't know what to say about you..

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By C0V3RT
    @Fjordhermit: I haven't read anyone taking the little kids side.  The ban was totally justified and think everyone agrees that he had it coming to him.  People are questioning a paid microsoft employee behaving/talking like he was to these guys.
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Brunchies

After watching the unedited version, I'm happy the kid got banned.

Fjordhermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Fjordhermit

If the unedited video came out first, no one would be discussing what ThePro said.  I guarantee that.  Maybe I'd make a bad customer service rep, but if a kid said half that stuff about my grandmother, I'd have to respond in some manner.  I thought he did a good job keeping it (somewhat) civil.

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185  Edited By luchadeer797
    @Brunchies:
    same. at first i was against the pro guy but after watching the video over again and seeing the noticable drops in what the pissy kid and his friends said and seeing the unedited video im with the pro. yes he could have been a little less of a cunt in what he said before banning the kids, but he still made the right choice. its always good to see kids like that get banned
    Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#186  Edited By Clembo

Heavily edited, completely disputable.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I watched the unedited video, and I got to say I'm glad to see some form of moderation on XBL. Still, the mod should have been more polite about it.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Nock

the dude cut the audio that's been shown, lost all credit with that in my opinion. If a mod wants to talk one more trash talking 12 year-old off Xbox live, they have my support.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Teirdome

Oh man, that PA comic and commentary killed me today.  Slain by the hilarity.  I liked Stepto's follow up tweet too:

Told The Pro this morning whenever he feels a bit down, go visit hist statue.  Awesome artwork, controller fig leaf a nice touch.

(GB editor is apparently incompatible with Firefox as I couldn't directly paste the tweet nor could I put it in a quote box.)
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By VWGTI
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By louiedog

There's nothing more hilarious than someone trying to set someone up, failing, and receiving scorn and punishment for their attempt.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a doctored vid. two assholes baited the pro into getting really upset and used his messages in a doctored video to try to get him fired. microsoft investigated and found no wrongdoing. and also found the original unedited video of him doing nothing wrong.

Kotaku Article

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.