Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

How many of you that have been banned don't have modded consoles?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

I read up on the forums on Gamespot.com that there's quiet a few people that don't have modded consoles that have also had their consoles banned from Xbox Live. There are people that have shown proof that they don't have modded consoles by submitting the receipts and a pic of the real game to Microsoft. They said that they can't unban consoles, that there's nothing they can do. A lot of people are worried now that their console might be banned for no reason also. 

So it makes me wonder, How many of you are banned that don't have modded consoles? Are any of you worried?

UPDATE: I tried to look for the link to the forum post and it looks like it has been taken down. Weird. Conspiracy maybe?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't think that problem is very widespread.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Microsoft have ways to tell whether or not people are playing pirated games.  There's literally no way that someone innocent could be banned in this process, and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.  If they actually showed proof of purpose, then they probably simply pirated a different game.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Dude, how the fuck does having the real game prove you dont have a modded console?  All that does is show you bought MW2 or another game, but not necessarily that you dont have other games on the HDD.  Decided to make your own HDD or something else.  Banning based on modding is not based on playing any particular game, its just that they decided to do it now with the big game launch.
    I think all those people saying their console is not modded are lying.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Shadow

Modders who've been banned usually claim to be innocent bystanders in the whole thing.  The massive amount of lying assholes make it impossible to believe those who were ACTUALLY banned without modding.  It's the same reason I wish I could (but can't) trust homeless people who beg for money.  Some actually need a helping hand getting their life back together, but you can't tell them apart from the vast majority of their peers who just want drug money.....anyway, that's why I don't believe the people posting about that.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

1. a banned console and banned live account CAN be unbanned. 
    2.the process by which they do this is a review where they go back and see if a mistake was made but usually its not needed since the person was guilty.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust
    @ch13696: 

If that happened to me i'd take microsoft to court for 10M dollars on psycologic distress and losses on social grounds.

That would be awesome!!!
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995

It would be a real bitch if that actually happened to somebody.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ch13696

I want to look more into this. My friend was banned too. He claims to not have a modded console or own any early released games. But I have no way to prove him wrong. He popped in a burned game to prove it and he can't play it. And I can't see no early achievements on his list either. Any other reason why MS might do this?

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dragon_Fire

They want to boost there sales; or boost the sales of the PS3....?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iam3green

that actually sucks. there has to be a  way to unbanned a console.  if they didn't unbann then there would be a lot of problems they would face.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By TheHBK
    @ch13696 said:
    " I want to look more into this. My friend was banned too. He claims to not have a modded console or own any early released games. But I have no way to prove him wrong. He popped in a burned game to prove it and he can't play it. And I can't see no early achievements on his list either. Any other reason why MS might do this? "
    Dude, think about it, how would he have a burned game or even download an iso of a game to prove this to you?  Did he say he would download one, burn it to a DVD and prove he didn't mod?  Not to mention that these games are more than 4.5 gigs so he would need a more expensive dual layer DVD, though not hard to come by or pay for, he really went through all that trouble to prove he didn't?  Plus most modders have the games on the HDD, they dont play off burned DVDs.
    Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Cameron

I can almost guarantee that if you read the EULA for Xbox Live, Microsoft has the ability to revoke the use of the service from anyone at any time at their sole discretion. If that is the case, then in the very unlikely circumstance of someone getting banned for having an unmodded console they would have no recourse against Microsoft.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Alex_V
    @ch13696 said:
    He popped in a burned game to prove it...
    That really made me chuckle.
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Moeez

It'll be news if an actual innocent person had this happen to him. Until then...
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ch13696
    @TheHBK said:

" @ch13696 said:

" I want to look more into this. My friend was banned too. He claims to not have a modded console or own any early released games. But I have no way to prove him wrong. He popped in a burned game to prove it and he can't play it. And I can't see no early achievements on his list either. Any other reason why MS might do this? "
    Dude, think about it, how would he have a burned game or even download an iso of a game to prove this to you?  Did he say he would download one, burn it to a DVD and prove he didn't mod?  Not to mention that these games are more than 4.5 gigs so he would need a more expensive dual layer DVD, though not hard to come by or pay for, he really went through all that trouble to prove he didn't?  Plus most modders have the games on the HDD, they dont play off burned DVDs. "
    Sure did. He has a bunch of those DL DVD's because he burns HD movies. Turns out an unmodded 360 can play them. Try it yourself. Besides, it's not that hard to burn them. Windows Vista and 7 comes with an ISO burning program.
    PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PhilESkyline

Can someone explain this to me? So I buy an Xbox with my own money. Don't I own it and can choose to do whatever I want? If not, am I paying for a device I really don't own?    

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By ErgoProxy77

I know a dude who modded his 360, he just got banned last week.

cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cdstacker
    @PhilESkyline: The console is yours yes. Microsoft's program, Live is not, if you are breaching the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up and will be banned from Live, your console will still work off line however. 
    crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By crusnchill

@Fragstoff:
    I'm assuming with no real evidence that you're a person who's been kicked from xbox live because you modded your console.

It has already been explained on this forum post that, yes we do buy the hardware. But in order to USE the software, we have to follow certain guidelines. Yes the hardware is ours, but if we're going to be in a community where thing's have to be an even playing field whilst playing games then modding HAS to be sanctioned as unfair. Therefore outcasting the people who DO mod their consoles is a good thing. 

Besides, If you were playing CODMW2 and you've begun to run at somebody from behind so you can stab them. And suddenly he jumps up 50 feet into the air and shoots 50 grenades from his grenade launcher into the immediate area, killing you instanly. You'd be pissed off too... Especially if you can't do these thing's aswell. IT'S NOT FAIR. AND IT'S BORING FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T MODDED THEIR CONSOLES. WHICH IS THE MAJORITY OF US.
    Play games the way they were designed to be played, OR don't play them at all. 

Mod's are for the PC community. Let's keep it TO the PC platform, ok?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.