Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Microsoft E3 '09 press conference leaked?

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By choffy21

Some randy Twitterer named GameFork apparently has inside information about Microsoft's E3 '09 press conference. According to him, Microsoft will announce:

• Xbox Fluid -- Microsoft's motion sensor controller
    • Info on Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo 3: ODST, Alan Wake and APB
    • GTA IV's second piece of DLC titled "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover"
    • Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide; MGS4 coming to the 360
    • Lionhead's new project
    • Konami's new, Xbox exclusive project
    • Forza 3 unveiling

No word yet on whether this guy is a big fat joke, or he seriously has the inside scoop. If true, looks like Microsoft is in for one helluva E3.

Thoughts?
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MKHavoc

That's not really a credible source so I have a hard time believing any of this.  If it's true then those announcements sound great except for the motion sensing controller.

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

This is somewhat sort of old news and there's already a thread about it somewhere on here.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Twitter: The most credible source under 140 characters. We guarantee it.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By choffy21
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "Twitter: The most credible source under 140 characters. We guarantee it."
    Hey ya never know. There were a bunch of E3 leaks elsewhere on the internet. Why not this?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Fluid... that sounds nasty.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PercyChuggs

Nope. Just some random goon posting predictions.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Fosssil

It sounds good, and I wouldn't be opposed to anything on that list if they were true, but I'm not going to put my faith in an unnamed game journalist's Twitter reporting.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

I read about this earlier. Some of it is obviously true, but other stuff like the port of MGS 4 is something I'll believe when I see it. Though that could be next week since there is supposedly a big announcement coming out of Kojima's studio on the 18th.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive
    mgs4 going to 360 now makes no impact and sure it wasn't expected at all, but i'm sure nobody would get angry, its happened several times in the past. mgs2 went to xbox and mgs1 went to gamecube. etc
    chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By chronicsmoke

If this is true I gotta agree,MS is gonna have one helluva E3

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Those all sound likely...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

I am actually wondering how MGS4 for the 360 will handle, Konami will have to cut all the PS3 references and They will also have to cut out all the macs in the game! I really don't think Microsoft will allow konami to run advertisements for their major competitor in the computer market. All in all it was expected, at least I did, that this game will eventually come to the 360, Sony unlike Microsoft do not pay third party publishers/developers for exclusives. 

I also wonder how many discs it will take as Kojima himself complain that a few features had to be cut from the game because of disc space issues, and thats on a dual layer Blu-Ray disc which we all know to contains 50GB. So if Konami did use the full 50GB and had to compress the data and lose some of the games features in order for them to fit the game on one dual layer blu-ray the it would take at least 6 dual layer dvd's if not more. Though in all fairness they could have the player simply install the entire game on his 360 HDD and then just keep the first disc for authentication. 

I will also would like to see how the game will play as I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that if this is true MGS 4 will be the first game to be made for the ps3 first and then ported to the 360. I wonder how much of the graphics they will have to lose, if any,  and how much they had to change the physics as MGS 4 had a lot physics running on top of everything like bullets, explosion clouds, cloths and dust, which I think ran in real time and did not had any predetermined path. I will give you an example: There is a part in the game where you fight a lot of Gekkoes  and there are explosions going all around and dust and debris are flying everywhere and it just so happened that I forgot to take the OctoCamo Mask off and after the fight wa done there was a cutscene and as Snake spoke and moved the dust kept coming off of him as you would expect in real life, so after words  went back and did the xect same fight and not only did the dust pattern were different they were also coming off of him in a different fashion. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By keyhunter

The unvieling's of most of these products are very unexpected and I doubt any of these will be at E3!!!!!!

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By choffy21

I, personally, believe everything the guy says is true. Not because it's a credible source, but because it's all believeable stuff.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crixaliz

The MGS part sounds alittle far fetched to me... but you never know Sons of Liberty came out on the xbox as Substance

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mordukai
    Crixaliz said:
    "The MGS part sounds alittle far fetched to me... but you never know Sons of Liberty came out on the xbox as Substance"
    They had no problem porting Sons of Liberty to the xbox because the xbox had better specs then the ps2, not only they did not need to downgrade anything they could have also added and improve the on the ps2 graphics. The xbox 1 had a better CPU and GPU and also came standard with a built in hard drive. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

Oirish GTA would be awesome.

NinjaPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NinjaPaul
    herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By herreno

Xbox Fluid?

Someone make a wii + fluid joke.

Reverseface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Reverseface

I still haven't got round to playing MGS4 on Ps3 so if it came out on 360 that would be awesome because i'd rather get the achievements out of it playing through for the first time.  But yeah with the whole Disc space issue it seems highly unlikely but then again Konami are a bunch of crazy muthafuckers so you never know. :o

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PJ

If all of that would be true, except for the Motion controller then MS would own E3.

Well only think about that that are most likely are Alan Wake(its said to be coming out this year so since its exclusive its pretty obvious), Forza 3(has been in dev since Forza 2 came out so its about time to reveal it) and Splinter Cell(coming out this year since Ubisoft cant aford to keep it back anymore). The Lionhead project has been kinda confirmed by THE Peter, saying to look forward to E3 in and interview when asked whats next. But that might be just a smal teaser ala the first Fable 2 E3 teaser but since its not coming out this year it most likely would be droped form the presentation to make room for more current games.

If MGS4 is true then that and the Konami exclusive project would most likely be the same since it would be a" subsistance" kinda version and would count as an exclusive. Dont think so myself.

GTAIV DLC if anything just in trailer form.

Halo ODST most likely played on stage/gameplay presentation.

APB will probebly be at E3 playable dont know if it would be in the press conference since the rumors about a Crackdown 2 might be realistic since everyone at Microsoft loves the first game aswell as anyone that played it. If not APB then it would be Crackdown 2.

But even if this is true now it could change a 100 times before the PC. A fair amount games shown at a PC are last minute( like hours before it starts).

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azteck

As much as I want most of those to come true, god knows I'd love MGS4 on the 360.. it seems kinda fishy.

PartTimeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PartTimeNinja

Xbox Fluid is so stupid of a name, it might actually be true.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seedofpower

Anything on Games for windows-live? like patching old games?

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By JDUB_XL
    • Xbox Fluid -- Microsoft's motion sensor controller
    • Info on Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo 3: ODST, Alan Wake and APB
    • GTA IV's second piece of DLC titled "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover"
    • Forza 3 unveiling

I would say these are really likely to happen. The other stuff is wildly awesome if true.
    nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nixium

They are predicitions that sound like they could be real. Once we have a real source I'll believe it. (For instance xbox live PR person leaks it)

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jNerd

GTA IV's second piece of DLC titled "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover"

Well.... Blood and a Four Leaf Clover kinda sounds like The Ballad of Gay Tony. Lol

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By penguindust

I think Microsoft needs to bring more to the table than what's listing in the above thread.  They said they had surprises, and while the "Fluid" may provide something new, game-wise, those titles are mostly old news and in some cases (GTA IV DLC name) wrong news.  I expect a few more surprises from Microsoft this E3.  If they are as bland as the outline above, chances are I'll enjoy watching Cammy at Nintendo do something silly on stage more than the Xbox conference.

matt_wack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By matt_wack

Wasn't GTA IV's second dlc episode just revealed earlier this week and titled "The Ballad of Gay Tony," and not "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover?" I call BS

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoOneFive
    matt_wack said:
    Wasn't GTA IV's second dlc episode just revealed earlier this week and titled "The Ballad of Gay Tony," and not ... [more]
    this is an old thread dude
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By choffy21
    TwoOneFive said:
    matt_wack said: Wasn't GTA IV's second dlc episode just revealed earlier this week and titled "The Ballad of Gay Tony," ... [more]
    Thanks for backing me up haha. This thread was made over two weeks ago.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33  Edited By kush

I would laugh my ass off if MS actually ended their show with the Forza 3 announcement. Not only is that the worst kept "secret" as far as "unannounced" games go, but it's also not that big of a title either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.