Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

My 360 is going insane.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

So, desiring to play both PS3 and 360 in HD, I invested in an AV switch. I hooked it up, everything seemed to be going fine. My PS3 runs like a dream with the new component cables I purchased, the games look better then ever. My Xbox 360, however, is a different story.
    First, on the games menu and Xbox Live menu, the bottom half of the screen goes berserk. I can't see anything. I was able to navigate, and started up the Too Human demo. The character select screen constantly shakes, and during cutscenes I get blackouts. I tried changing the resolution, but 1080i is the only setting that works properly.
    Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

I would say call Xbox support but they suck. I think the problem might be the AV switch

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Systech

Hmm... I had that issue going to 1080p. It's definitely not cooperating very well with the AV switch so I don't know what to say except that your Xbox is a very needy piece of technology.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Too much awesomeness pouring into one AV switch?

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Subway

My xbox displayed mad weird with a VGA cable, there was so much blank space on my dashboard it was weird.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoG

I'm using the component connections that came with it.
    So far, I've tried the Xbox forums, but those guys are useless. The only person who didn't ignore me was a guy who treated me as if I was a complete idiot.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

Now I assume the AV switch is just a basic HUB for all your AV cables, and the HUB plugs into the TV? If so, did you try removing the AV switch and plugging your 360 directly into the TV again? Either that or I'm thinking of a different device.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoG

Yeah, it is basically a hub. Having it plugged directly into the TV was previously how I had it set up, before I got the PS3. Back then, the only problem I had ever had was when the startup screen for Ikaruga was all shaky. Now, it is in nearly every game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.