Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

New xbox 360 still has over heating problems?

• 60 results
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By flaminghobo

I don't think we should start worrying until we get a correlation of 360's overheating as well as news coming from reliable sources. (Not some YouTuber who's obviously looking for attention.)

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@Diamond said:
    " @TheDoorman said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    "
     Check out the colour of the power LED. Yep.
     Check out the colour of the power LED. Yep.
    "
    Is that your xbox or you find that pic online? "
    I saw that pic on another forum.  That ISN'T a dead 360, it's a 360 that auto shutoff because it overheated.  So the temp sensors got too high & the system was saved.  Some people thought maybe he had the vent covered but who knows.  Hopefully problems with the new model aren't widespread, so we'll see. "
    you know why that console overheated? it's because it's so close to the wall behind it.
    trickology101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By trickology101

The thing is that the older versions used lead-free solder balls that would crack from over exposer of heat. Plus the conductivity of electricity from lead-free solders are not optimal as of the lead base solder counter part. Microsoft chose the lead-free solder to cut costs on production, and ultimately left us with these damn time bombs. 

I haven't seen the "Slim" yet in person, hopefully it has plenty of vents on that thing plus hope the fan on it isn't crap.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By John1912

Yea thats not a over heating issue.  That looks like a prob with the TV.  Im sure MS took measures to make sure these systems work just fine.  I wouldnt even worry about it.  My history with consoles has been much worse with Sony products.  I would actually feel more secure in buying these new 360s with MS having had the past problems.  Heads will roll if it happens again.  

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By bybeach

Intuitivly I want to stand this unit up, not on it's side. you block off one whole grill by doing that.
    Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Dantekiller

Red Dot Of Death muhahaha smaller but still affective

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Jack268

I'd like to point out that hardware failures are bound to happen on any console, regardless of what environment it is kept in. I'd assume Microsoft have brought the failures down to the level of the PS3. I believe under 3% is the industry standards and I believe Microsoft reached that last year with the Jasper chipset. I don't see any reason to be alarmed if you own a slim.

BirdyTheMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By BirdyTheMighty

The new slim 360's will still overheat.   There is an article on destructoid:  here
    The basics are that it will auto-shutdown when it senses that it's going to overheat so as to prevent damage to the system.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I could see this happening is if people tried to overheat their 360s just to see if they could, and if they can they post it on the internet like it went out with regular use after a couple days.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By defaulttag

Didn't Microsoft even say there are NO RED LEDs on the new 360? Video is obviously fake. He's probably running one of his older models that were not shown on video while showing the new one was turned on. fail troll is fail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.