Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Sorry about your dam luck.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

Pfft, people with small TVs should take what they're given and be happy with it. People need to realise that we people with large TVs are the dominant race, everything should be taylored to us.

Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Justaddwater

HD Tvs are starting to become pretty much commonplace now so maybe its time for those people to take the plunge.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

I think HDTV ownership has been steadily increasing, but I don't think this new dashboard will be as bad as you think. I won't be able to really know that for sure until it comes out though.

MerlijnVH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MerlijnVH

HDTV's are definitely becoming mainstream. Not to mention that they are becoming much more affordable and consumer friendly.
    I'm pretty sure, even with the small text, it will still be properly readable. If that's not the case, there's also a chance of output specific scaling.
    In example, if the 360 detects or is configured to run in specific resolution, it will scale the user interface to the most user friendly experience.

Although, what you are saying, I'm not sure about the readability of text. Technically, I believe standard definition TV's have a lower resolution than high definition TV's.
    Which means if the text on an HDTV is small and smooth, it will seem bigger on a normal TV and not the other way around.
    I'm not sure if this is correct but to me it sounds like the most logical thing that would happen.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DARKIDO07

Its not high-deffintion that is important, its the aspect ratio. 4:3 sucks on the Xbox 360 yet if you play on a Wii 4:3 looks fine. Basically everything on the Xbox 360 (such as games, text ect) looks so much better in 16:9/16:10 aspect ratio. Widescreen>Square Screen. I have a High-Def TV too, and I've played games in SDTV widescreen and they look much better than SDTV 4:3.  Btu still just get an HDTV or SDTV Widescreen if your short on cash. XD.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brukaoru
    HazBazz said:
    "Pfft, people with small TVs should take what they're given and be happy with it. People need to realise that we people with large TVs are the dominant race, everything should be taylored to us."
    Lol... Down with standard televisions!
    Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gamer

well there are some people who dont have a job yet, and their parents hate video games so wont buy them an HDTV to play on... lucky for me i got an HDTV 1 month ago... .YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Keano
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Justaddwater said:
    "HD Tvs are starting to become pretty much commonplace now so maybe its time for those people to take the plunge."
    Both my mom and dad are being hit majorly by the recession. We don't have money for that.
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Wow, alot of you sound like real snobs right now. I own an HDTV so this won't effect me, but I have lots of friends that are not as lucky. HDTV's are expensive so they should still have an option for standard definition TV owners.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Personally I don't mind if the new update is designed to be seen best on a HD TV, as long as I can actually see things clearly on my smaller TV I am happy. In fact it will benefit Microsoft to make the new update usable on smaller TVs, a lot of people aren't old enough to buy HD TVs or don't have the money or space. Oh and to Keano who posted above, you're an idiot.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blu_Magic
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "Wow, alot of you sound like real snobs right now. I own an HDTV so this won't effect me, but I have lots of friends that are not as lucky. HDTV's are expensive so should still have an option for standard definition TV owners."
    Agreed. Hopefully I'll have an HDTV by the end of this year.
    Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vextroid

I acctually prefer playing my 360 on an SD tv rather then on my LCD Monitor with VGA cables.

GTA IV (my fave game) looks beuatiful on SD. On VGA/LCD looks like a blurry POS that kind of ruins the experiance for me.

Other games looked fine though...

BeeDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BeeDizz
    Keano said:
    "

buy a decent tv and quit bitching. this is 2008 not 1808

"

Yeah, people in 1808 had really bad TVs. How lame. :/
    shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shadowjak
    Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Arkthemaniac said:
    "Justaddwater said:
    "HD Tvs are starting to become pretty much commonplace now so maybe its time for those people to take the plunge."
    Both my mom and dad are being hit majorly by the recession. We don't have money for that."
    But they have the money for a 360 and the games for it...unless they bought you an Arcade and rent all of your games they've already spent more than what an average HDTV costs.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I don't see the need to purchase a $1500+ HDTV when my 32' SDTV works like a champ.

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shadowjak
    Cowman said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Justaddwater said:
    Both my mom and dad are being hit majorly by the recession. We don't have money for that."
    But they have the money for a 360 and the games for it...unless they bought you an Arcade and rent all of your games they've already spent more than what an average HDTV costs."
    For all you know he has a 360 and 2 games...
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this conversation extends a little further than High Definition television sets, and the blame extends more outwardly than a vague "Microsoft sucks." 

I mean, look at the DVD.  It's a might unfair to expect people to upgrade to a format like Blu-Ray when the majority of people only recently made the full switch to DVD.  Some major, influential films still haven't been released on DVD, and yet we're seeing such a heavy push for an even more expensive, more dramatic digital format. 

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shadowjak
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "I think this conversation extends a little further than High Definition television sets, and the blame extends more outwardly than a vague "Microsoft sucks." 

I mean, look at the DVD.  It's a might unfair to expect people to upgrade to a format like Blu-Ray when the majority of people only recently made the full switch to DVD.  Some major, influential films still haven't been released on DVD, and yet we're seeing such a heavy push for an even more expensive, more dramatic digital format. "
    After the idiots saw the new De-Rez thinking it was true, microsoft flaming has been higher than ever.
    Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mourne
    shadowjak said:
    "Cowman said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Justaddwater said:
    But they have the money for a 360 and the games for it...unless they bought you an Arcade and rent all of your games they've already spent more than what an average HDTV costs."
    For all you know he has a 360 and 2 games..."
    And thus, wouldn't even have to worry about what the new dashboard looks like. After all, he only has two games with the system, so most of his time will be spent wondering just how he can get more games. Problem solved!
    shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shadowjak
    Mourne said:
    "shadowjak said:
    "Cowman said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Justaddwater said:
    For all you know he has a 360 and 2 games..."
    And thus, wouldn't even have to worry about what the new dashboard looks like. After all, he only has two games with the system, so most of his time will be spent wondering just how he can get more games. Problem solved!"

I actually laughed at that alot >_>

Well if he's 1-16, there's always christmas for him! 18+, christmas bonus? either way, second problem solved!
    t67443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By t67443

I went to KMart over the weekend and saw several small HDTVs there that cost about $400. Thats pretty cheap and the screen looked pretty nice. I suggest you start trolling around cheap stores that sell electronics like that look at the prices and start saving up.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mourne
    t67443 said:
    "I went to KMart over the weekend and saw several small HDTVs there that cost about $400. Thats pretty cheap and the screen looked pretty nice. I suggest you start trolling around cheap stores that sell electronics like that look at the prices and start saving up."
    Well, that was the first mistake.
    DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By DARKIDO07
    Mourne said:
    "t67443 said:
    "I went to KMart over the weekend and saw several small HDTVs there that cost about $400. Thats pretty cheap and the screen looked pretty nice. I suggest you start trolling around cheap stores that sell electronics like that look at the prices and start saving up."
    Well, that was the first mistake."
    Yeah most of the $400 HDTVs at Kmart/Target/Walmart are shit, go to Best Buy or Flanners if you want a HDTV thats good. Or you could take the cheap route and buy a 19" Widescreen (computer) monitor from Newegg.com for under $200 and buy the VGA adapter for your Xbox 360 and your golden. :-)
    t67443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By t67443

Eh I already have an HDTV that I got from HHGregg not like I'm in the market to get a new one any time soon, I am suggesting it to other people here who seem to be complaining about not having one.

At this point if you want to game in HD you have no excuse with how cheap they are.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By xxNBxx

For anyone looking into buying a HDtv you need to look for certain things, 

First the Response Time has to be under 8ms (the lower the number the better)

Second is the Contrast Ratio it has to be at lest 1000:1 (higher the better)

Another thing to look at is the Recommended Resolution, if your looking for true HD the resolution needs to be  1920 x 1080.
    Mind you that you don't need 1080 if all you have is an Xbox360, 1366 x 768 will work just fine.

A good LCD HDtv will set you back about $500 (you need to spend at least that to get a good gaming tv)

Darkido07 is right about the computer monitor the only problem is sound.  you will need someway to output the sound .

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By LightYagami245
    ParanoidFreak said:
    "Wow, alot of you sound like real snobs right now. I own an HDTV so this won't effect me, but I have lots of friends that are not as lucky. HDTV's are expensive so they should still have an option for standard definition TV owners."
    I think they should be made an option too, but since HDTV is the tech way to go, I'm not too upset or excited about it.
    Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vlademir
    Justaddwater said:
    I just got an HDTV so I'm covered. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.