XBLA Easy S Ranks?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by ptc (622 posts) -

I'm a bit less into achievements these days, but I'm still quite the completionist. I also have less time for gaming lately.  On that note, what are the easiest Live Arcade games to S-Rank (meaning complete, getting the full 200 pts).  

I'll start it off with the easiest for me so far to get the full 200: 

Dash of  Destruction (by far the easiest) 
Galaga  
Ms. Pacman 
Pacman C.E. 
Carcassone (best have a friend help with this one)
Uno 
Zombia Apocalypse (easy, but time consuming)

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Both Banjoa XBLA games are easy, but take some time to get.

#3 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Both Sam and Max seasons and Secret of Monkey Island: SE are pretty easy.

#4 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
#5 Posted by jakob187 (21758 posts) -

Aegis Wing is free, and with multiplayer, it's not that tough.

#6 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Battlefield 1943. 

#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I think you guys should be qualifying 'easy' versus 'time consuming' or 'easy if you have mad skillz'.

I found Omega Five's S Rank really easy, but some of those are rares.  BF1943 is really time consuming...

#8 Posted by ptc (622 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

"Aegis Wing is free, and with multiplayer, it's not that tough. "

I gave up on Aegis Wing.  I have everything but the Ace Achievement (score 185,000).  That was nigh impossible...

#9 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

Any of TellTales XBLA games have easy #S Ranks: Sam and Max / Wallace and Gromit

#10 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

1 vs 100

#11 Posted by ProjektGill (753 posts) -

Shadow Complex is pretty easy although getting to Level 50 can be a bit time consuming.

#12 Posted by Six (613 posts) -

I thought The MAW was easy enough and fun.

#13 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

If you look on my list of S-Ranks you'll probably find a few. 

• Golden Axe is easy. You can cheat by changing the settings.
  • Bomberman Live isn't too bad.
  • Soul Calibur isn't the easiest, but relatively easy if you are familiar with the franchise.
  • Spyglass Board Games.

Y'know. Whatever. I would suggest wasting your money elsewhere and buy a real game.
#14 Posted by ptc (622 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
"If you look on my list of S-Ranks you'll probably find a few. 

• Golden Axe is easy. You can cheat by changing the settings.
  • Bomberman Live isn't too bad.
  • Soul Calibur isn't the easiest, but relatively easy if you are familiar with the franchise.
  • Spyglass Board Games.

Y'know. Whatever. I would suggest wasting your money elsewhere and buy a real game.
"

Like a real retail game?  Too long to get 1,000 pts.  I have loads of arcade games, but I'm just interested in some easy ones.   

Spyglass BG sounds good.  Been jonesin for some chess lately.
#15 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Both Banjoa XBLA games are easy, but take some time to get. "
But the time spent getting them is a blast. In fact, I wish it took longer.
#16 Edited by ptc (622 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:

"1 vs 100 "

Got all the achievements tonight, actually.  It took a few days.  The only hard one is "Quick Draw".  Everything else you'll get through regular play.
#17 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -
@TooWalrus: True.  I've been playing Tooie lately and it's been tons of fun.
#18 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @TooWalrus: True.  I've been playing Tooie lately and it's been tons of fun. "
Yeah, somewhere up in my head was still the info needed to 100% those games. I played them SO much when I was 10 years old, I had them beaten then. I hope they make another Banjo game someday.
#19 Posted by ptc (622 posts) -
@Six said:
"I thought The MAW was easy enough and fun. "

Good to know.   It's the deal of the week Dec 28 for 400 pts.  Played the demo when it came out and I really liked it.  Now I'll definitely get it! 
#20 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

That Doritos game can be completed in like...3 levels.

#21 Posted by Disengage (429 posts) -

Sonic 3 is ridicueasy.

#22 Posted by Solarus (269 posts) -

Easiest ones for me (S rank within a couple of hours...) are:

- Any of the Sonic Games
-Gunstar Heroes (probably deserves the prize for easiest XBLA game to 200. Basically, you'll have the full 200 upon completing the game, as the non-story related stuff is extremely easy and will probably be completed accidentally).
- Shadow Complex.
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

#23 Posted by hakunin (397 posts) -

Symphony of the Night isn't terribly hard to do.

#24 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -
@Daryl said:
"Battlefield 1943.  "

But very time consuming to get that win 100 games trophy/achievement.
#25 Edited by wosifat (188 posts) -
@ProjektGill said:

" Shadow Complex is pretty easy although getting to Level 50 can be a bit time consuming. "

@hakunin said:

" Symphony of the Night isn't terribly hard to do. "

Just when I was feeling good about having S-Ranked Shadow Complex and Symphony of the Night (after a few years hunting for the last few percentage points of the map for Seeker.  Note, however, that this was including a lapse where I didn't own a 360 and had to start afresh.)
#26 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -
#27 Posted by Kaburorne (119 posts) -

N+ 
Trials HD 
:P

#28 Posted by kalmis (1549 posts) -
#29 Posted by big_jon (5783 posts) -
@JJOR64:
Yeah, no. 

Banjo Kazooie is not easy at all too get the S rank.
#30 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

Castlevania SOTN is ridiculously easy, and ridiculously fun.

#31 Posted by Driadon (3027 posts) -
@xyzygy: Not when you're not used to Castlevania games 

DeathSpank is one of the easiest I've seen to S rank.
#32 Posted by Lukeweizer (2765 posts) -

Case Zero. Monday Night Combat can be boosted.

#33 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -
@Daryl said:
" Battlefield 1943.  "
Easy yes, but damn that takes forever. I started hating that game once I hit the 100th match. 

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is supposed to be easy (I haven't played it yet, just bought it a bit ago) 

My current XBLA S-Ranks are: 

After Burner Climax (that last 5 is easy once you ulock the EX option to play the secret stages regardless) 
Dash of Destruction (Yeah.)  
UNO 
UNO Rush is simple if you have 4 controllers. 
Castle Crashers (takes a while, but its a fun game at that, use a guide for animal orbs) 
Rocket Riot (kind of hard, but not too bad) 
South Park LGTDP (Fun and easy. Play with 3-4 people for it to be much easier. Use some tips for MANBEARPIG, the giantbomb achievement page has some good tips) 

And Lumines Live: if you are good at Lumines this is not a hard achievement. Most of them are rare on Giantbomb, but I can S-Rank this game (and have for a couple people) in under 2 hours. However, if you haven't played Lumines before, you are probably in for hours of getting better at the game before you can do half of the speed run missions.
#34 Posted by bosshog70 (82 posts) -

The Last Airbender is meant to be really easy for S rank

#35 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

Age of Booty is an easy 200 if you don't suck at hex based RTS'. 
South Park Lets Go Tower Defence play can be done fairly fast solo, even easier with 1 or more other dudes
Shadow Complex is a great game, and the achievements aren't super though. They'll take a few hours thought, but you'll in no way bore yourself to death.

#36 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

cloning clyde, SOTN and UNO

#37 Posted by buwchbach (311 posts) -

Dead Rising 2 Case Zero was way easy for me, Monkey Island 2 should be easy if you know your way around that game.

#38 Posted by EnSabac (65 posts) -

Dead Rising 2 Case Zero was very easy and you can do everything in 2 runs. I've heard of someone doing everything in 1 run but spending $100,000 in the shop is a pain for 1 run. Shadow Complex is a great game and not to hard to get the 200 Gamerscore.   Dash of Destruction was silly but super easy.

#39 Posted by GunstarRed (5459 posts) -

After Burner Climax can be S-Ranked in about an hour and a half with almost no effort at all.
#40 Posted by Vashkey (51 posts) -
Dash of Destruction 
Sonic the Hedgehog 
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 
Sonic & Knuckles 
Battlefield 1943 
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram 
Monday Night Combat 
Uno
#41 Posted by Vashkey (51 posts) -
@ADTR_ZERO said:
" @Daryl said:
"Battlefield 1943.  "
But very time consuming to get that win 100 games trophy/achievement. "
It's play 100 matches, not win.  Either way it's a bit time consuming though.
#42 Posted by ZeroGravX (73 posts) -

I'm surprised no one has said Cloning Clyde. Not only is it a fantastic game (I totally want a sequel) but it's super easy to get all the achievements. Which is why I'm surprised that half the achievements are considered "uncommon" here on GiantBomb.

#43 Posted by cmsJustin (33 posts) -

Geometry Wars 2

#44 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

Wallace and Gromit...800 points for all 4 and it takes about an hour or two to finish each one as long as you have a good guide.

#45 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

Geometry Wars: RE only took me three years to S Rank. Give it a shot!

#46 Posted by Evan223 (99 posts) -

Deathspank is an easy S, took me about 4ish hours to 100% the game, so not especially hard, but the get to level 20 achievement can be a bit of a grind (I had done all side quests and only had to defeat the last boss and was still only level 19) 

#47 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

Afterburner Climax is VERY easy to S rank.  After you play the game for a little while, you unlock a cheat mode where you can make the game far easier, and the settings don't affect achievements.  Should take two or three hours, at most.

#48 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

My XBLA S-Ranks are in order of easiest are:  

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero  
Monkey Island SE 
Monkey Island 2 SE 
Deathspank 
Pac-Man CE

#49 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Toy Soldiers isn't terribly hard if you have a guide walking you through some of the trickier things to pull off. Plus it's an amazing game.

#50 Posted by afrofools (1333 posts) -
@Daryl said:
" Battlefield 1943.  "
What he said. It just takes a long time if you don't like the game, luckily for me though, I do like it :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.