Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

Xbox 360 Slim advertising (leaked?)

• 123 results
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: The slim moniker has never been used by Microsoft. It is just something people use because of the PlayStation to describe a new model of the 360 (which is expected to be a bit smaller). "
    Fair enough. I wonder if this one will go though the RROD trials.  "
    After losing like a billion dollars on it, that is probably one of the very first things they took care of. :P  

I mean, I would!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Jeffsekai

If its real I want one, looks nice

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: The slim moniker has never been used by Microsoft. It is just something people use because of the PlayStation to describe a new model of the 360 (which is expected to be a bit smaller). "
    Fair enough. I wonder if this one will go though the RROD trials.  "
    After losing like a billion dollars on it, that is probably one of the very first things they took care of. :P   I mean, I would! "
    But they never did! Its a joke now to get a RROD.... 

I know what it really is...a Sony/MS system. They have put their differences aside and made the god of all video game systems! 

The PXS
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @cap123 said:
    " @FluxWaveZ:  I hope not, that shit looks ugleeeee "
    It does, doesn't it. I hope it looks better because I plan on picking one up.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " I mean, I would! "
    Yeah, but we probably would have implemented Wifi to match the competition in the beginning, which they didn't.  But if this revision is true, I'd think that they'd fix all of the hardware problems with it (noise, Wifi, problems...), which is excellent.
    mikesira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By mikesira

I'm ok with this new design but this doesn't strike me as a more casual look for the natal audience.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By monetarydread

I am using a launch 360 so I am excited about the new xbox because the HD, Wi-Fi (I hope it is wireless N), Natal1, HDMI, and hopefully less of a chance of red ringing. I will wait and see what the price is.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" But they never did! Its a joke now to get a RROD....  I know what it really is...a Sony/MS system. They have put their differences aside and made the god of all video game systems!  The PXS "

What the fuck are you—or whoever is typing—talking about?  They're fixing it now, that's one of the points of a revision.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Man, that thing is ugly. it better be fucking cheap, RROD-free, and still pirate-able. Or at least 2 out of those 3. 

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DVombatus
    @Dan_CiTi said:
    " Man, that thing is ugly. it better be fucking cheap, RROD-free, and still pirate-able. Or at least 2 out of those 3.  "
    I have it on good authority that remaining pirate-able was one of Microsoft's highest priorities when doing the redesign.
    DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#111  Edited By DarkGamerOO7
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @MrKlorox said:

" All the stuff people have saved might be lost. "

Think that might be the real reason they put out that USB stick update? "
    But not all data is transferable via USB stick.  Perhaps each Xbox 360 Slim would come with that "transfer cable" that you get when you buy a new 360 so that you can transfer all the data from your old 360 to your new Slim one. "
    Not to mention everyone would have to transfer their Arcade Game License if they bought this, which if you already had to do that within the previous year, you're screwed out of your arcade games for a while.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#112  Edited By flaminghobo

I'm all for Wi-Fi that's already built in!
    Oh, and a bigger hard drive is always nice.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#113  Edited By Rhaknar

Seems Kinect is pretty much official, since USA today has a story on it, which reads like is tomorrow already (probably went online in response to the leaked ads). Which would make THIS official too, since why would a fake ad name drop Kinect?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Rhaknar said:
    " Which would make THIS official too, since why would a fake ad name drop Kinect? "
    Oh, crap!  Really good point, there.  I think this might be the proof that that 360 Slim ad is 100% legit, after all!
    T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By T0mF5
    @Quacktastic said:
    " Hope that's fake. Can't sit it horizontally? Still using a disc tray in 2010?  Has to be fake. "
    How do you know it can't be used horizontally and why can't a disc tray be used in 2010?
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I don't see how anyone can think this is fake, especially after the Kinect confirmation.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By gearhead

Kinect is such a fucking dumb name...

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#118  Edited By DarkGamerOO7
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " I don't see how anyone can think this is fake, especially after the Kinect confirmation. "
    The ad could have been made by Microsoft to generate hype. They drop the features of the new model and the name of Natal while giving a fake ugly model to stir up more speculation and hype. That way when they really show of the new Xbox 360 with a better design people will get more excited. Just a thought. Hopefully that isn't the actual design though.
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#119  Edited By Quacktastic
    @T0mF5 said:

" @Quacktastic said:

" Hope that's fake. Can't sit it horizontally? Still using a disc tray in 2010?  Has to be fake. "

How do you know it can't be used horizontally and why can't a disc tray be used in 2010? "
    I don't think it's fake anymore, but -
    I just don't want a wobbly disc-scuffing tray anymore.  Aren't we past that? Even the Wii has an auto-loading disc slot.  It was something I really wanted them to get rid of.  As for horizontal, it just doesn't look like it lays on it's side.  Maybe it's the angle and I'm seeing stuff but it looks like both sides skirt out and it can't lay flat.

Its design just looks like a disaster to me.  Like a giant step backward from where they are now.  And they are trying to court a casual market by ditching the old look and trying to look like a 2001 hardcore gamer-targeted PC case?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @DarkGamerOO7: I really can't believe they would got to so much effort to incite hype.  Maybe creating a few "leaks" of underwhelming info on a product (150$ for Kinect rumor) and proving that it's much better than what people had heard of before, but going to so much trouble to make a fake animated ad with a photoshopped 360 Slim with bullet points of info sounds too troublesome to do for that purpose.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#121  Edited By niamahai

will anybody be secretly covering the MS Natal unveil?

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@FluxWaveZ said:
    " @MrKlorox said:

" All the stuff people have saved might be lost. "

Think that might be the real reason they put out that USB stick update? "
    But not all data is transferable via USB stick.  Perhaps each Xbox 360 Slim would come with that "transfer cable" that you get when you buy a new 360 so that you can transfer all the data from your old 360 to your new Slim one. "
    I really hope that this is what happens if this is real because there is a bunch of stuff that I can't transfer onto my flash drive for whatever reason.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#123  Edited By damnboyadvance

Except for the part about Project Natal (yes, I will continue to refer to it as that until I get the name down), it looks basically like the PS3 Slim deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.