Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

I'm thinking on buying an Xbox one this fall. Am I insane?

• 100 results
    roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By roboculus92

I would wait until at least E3 to see what is announced. It's not like there's that many games to play on either of them right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to convince you, nor am I going to be that typical PC gamer they tries to convince you that $500 will build a good PC.

XB1 has and will have good games that you can't play elsewhere. If you like games, you should buy machines that play games. I don't have an XB1 yet, but I'll probably grab one this year (depending on what is announced at E3). I prefer PC. I have a PS4. XBox One seems good too. If you think you'll enjoy it, you probably will.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Syed117

@sdharrison said:

@syed117 said:

Base your decision on the games, not the platform.

Why is it so awful to critically think about what platform you're purchasing? Since when did debating a piece of hardware make somebody a fanboy?

I bought both at launch.

Seems like you have some money to burn.

In terms of exclusives, it's not even a competition at this point. I have ZERO doubt that the PS4 will have incredible games, but it's just not there yet. Killzone and Infamous are both average at best. They look incredible but they are shockingly average. PS Plus is obviously worth it overall, but there have been very few exceptional games for the PS4 that have been free.

All subjective.

Of all the games to come out so far, Infamous is by far the most disappointing. Maybe Forza, but I haven't regretted paying $60 for a game in a long time. Terrible writing and dialogue, mediocre story, and gameplay that couldn't be more last gen. I'm enjoying it for what it is, but compared to other open world games, it's average at best. Just keep moving from area to area, do the same 6-7 things, district showdown, and repeat over and over. I don't think I've ever played an open world game that is this repetitive.

I met a friend this weekend and I thought I would share our conversation. He's a die hard Sony fan. Like the basement dwellers on neogaf that don't actually care about games, just which machine has sold more units.

Just because a lot of Neogaf posters are negative about the Xbox doesn't mean they don't care about games.

I asked him what he had been playing since launch. He said Killzone. This is a guy who has never played any of the previous games in the series. He's the kind of die hard fan that convinces himself that mediocre franchises are amazing simply because they are on a Sony platform. He loves shooters and denies titanfall's existence because it's on the XB1. His response? "Titanfall 2 will be on PS4". When I said he could be playing a fantastic new shooter that a lot of our other friends are all enjoying, he has no response. The very idea of buying an XB1 is insanity.

Recently he said he loved Infamous for PS4. When asked how he liked it compared to the first two? He said he never played them.

Just don't be one of those guys. Play the games, not the platforms.

It seems like you're angry at your "friend" for playing Killzone and Infamous. He's playing games - just not on the platform you want him to.

Responses in bold.

I really hate this defense of the Xbox one. "Hey man, it's all about the games. Don't be a guy who debates the platform."

No it's not. If these platforms were identical in every way except for branding, then yeah, it really would be senseless to debate them. But they aren't. We have radically different platforms, at different price points with different specs. Since when is it illegal to not like the garbage Microsoft put to market, even if decent games might come to the platform? Titanfall looks like a fun multiplayer shooter. The Xbox one is a poor offering from Microsoft. The two realities can coexist.

Those two realities can absolutely coexist. The problem is people thinking that the xbox one is a weak console while hailing the PS4 as the second coming of video game hardware. They are both weak consoles. The weakest in the history of consoles. The PS4 being marginally or even 50% more powerful isn't something to defend. Both these machines are crippled compared to the machines that came before them.

My view about my friend is based on what I know to be his likes and dislikes. The guy loves multiplayer games and has always played shooters. You're telling me that this guy should play killzone and act like Titanfall doesn't exist? That is clearly a logical response to have.

You're absolutely right, I do have money to burn. I consider myself to be very fortunate because I get to see both sides. I'm not blinded by corporate loyalty or whatever other nonsense the idiots cling to. I don't feel the need to defend the one box I can afford.

Do I wish the Xbox One was more powerful? Sure, who doesn't. Would I trade a good 720p or 900p game for a mediocre 1080p one? No.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@caesius6 said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

@theking said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

I played Forza yesterday and it looked completely terrible.

Infamous on the other hand looks incredible.

What?

I don't know how to describe it any more clear.

I think his "What?" was more of a "Hey man, maybe you should get some new eyes from the eyes store."

It was a gamestop display and it looked horrible.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@caesius6 said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

@theking said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

What?

I think his "What?" was more of a "Hey man, maybe you should get some new eyes from the eyes store."

It was a gamestop display and it looked horrible.

Well, I found your problem. Never take what you see at a demo station as the be-all end-all. My brother bought an XBO for his birthday, and just installed Forza. Game looks fantastic.

toma2598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre: I had found the Xbox one for an almost identical price point as the ps4 making me put it more into consideration.

I'm thinking about the Xbox one now for really one main reason. My clan plays Microsoft exclusives and are all planning to buy the xb1. If I had my way I would still consider a ps4 as I have been leaning more towards single player gaming recently, my clan being the only real reason I still play competitively. My clan Is full of old friends that I went to hell and back trying to find and I feel a bit selfish going for my personal pick.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By hatking

@xalienxgreyx: I don't know dude, those cardboard cutouts where the audience is supposed to be look really authentic.

Wait, what? Those are supposed to be the audience? Like, actual people? Oh. Really? Okay. Hm.

Those are supposed to be fingers in InFamous though, right? Okay, good.

clapmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By clapmaster

@xalienxgreyx said:

Infamous on the other hand looks incredible. I will still end up owning both consoles.

Take that for what you will.

Hahaha actually Forza Motorsport 5 is the best looking racing game to date and that's straight fact. Maybe you just don't like racing games? I'll agree that Infamous looks amazing too.

To reply to the main topic I'd personally say wait it out for a while especially if you're only gonna buy one of the consoles for the long term. Right now each console only has maybe one or two exclusives worth playing that you can't get on PC so that's like possibly a week's worth of play after you buy it depending on how much time you spend with one game and then the console will just sit there and collect dust. I went ahead and bought both at launch just because I knew I would buy them eventually anyway but they've both been collecting dust for months. Now that I think about it I almost wish I would have just used the money to buy a new video card for my PC and waited till next year to buy either of the consoles but my PC is still holding up pretty well so I'll just continue saving for that video card.

bart008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own both X1 and PS4. I play the X1 more and I am looking forward to games like Halo 5 and Quantum Break more than what PS4 has announced this year.

T0MBraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait until E3 before you make a decision, but whatever you do don't buy a PS4 just yet. Unless you are a huge infamous fan there is nothing that console offers in terms of exclusives (at least at the moment)

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bought the Xbox and the Xbox360 at launch but I am going PS4 this generation. This is in no small part due to Microsoft's handling of the Xbox One before launch being the best marketing for the PS4 imaginable to man. Ultimately the best you could do is look at upcoming games and choose from that, seems to me like you already made your choice.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Who needs E3 presentations when we have message boards and time on our hands.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think you should buy the system you want to buy. Both systems are great.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It sounds like you already own everything, except 8th gen consoles. I imagine you'll probably end up getting all 3 eventually. Go for it.

Unless it's costing you a lot of money that you desperately need, in which case you may want to evaluate why you feel the need to get one of everything.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@toma2598 said:

Should I buy the Xbox One?

Depends on why you are buying it. Last gen more 'things' were happening on XB360, the online service was expensive but better...

Now, well who knows but it appears more things more services and a better experiences will be happening on PS4. In general, I don't think you will find the same zeitgeist of collective experience on the Xbox One, Microsoft won't recapture their firebrand status. If you want the system that everyone is experiencing and talking about...it might be PS4.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own PS4 and XB1 and use the XB1 a lot more for several reasons:

A) I prefer the Xbone's exclusive games. Titanfall is my favorite multiplayer shooter in many many years, but I also enjoyed PvZ Garden Warfare and Peggle 2. Killzone is fine but basically just a prettier version of a last gen game (you can say the same for Titanfall but it has several innovations even if you can buy it for 360) and infamous looks ok, but so far no PS4 exclusives have grabbed me, not even Resogun.

2) my best friend only has an Xbone. Even if Trials Fusion looks better on PS4 that is not even close to as valuable to me as the ability to taunt him over chat as I beat his scores.

3) I like the media features better.

Now you'll notice that all this stuff is totally subjective and situational. Honestly if my buddy had a PS4 instead of a Bone I would play that more, and who knows what the exclusive battle will look like in a couple years. If you're going to buy one console then both have their plusses and minuses at this point, but you're not insane to buy an Xbone. It's a decent system. That said, it is less powerful than the PS4 so you should kow that going in and if resolution and frame rate are super important to you then you shouldn't get the Bone because it will probably have worse looking games (at least from a technical perspective)the whole

generation. You need to accept that and not be bothered when stuff looks better on the PS4 and PS4 fanboys (who seem to be out in rabid packs these days) write in every comment section that anyone who would even consider playing Tomb Raider at 30 fps is an idiot who should be eugenically culled from the species.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx said:

Infamous on the other hand looks incredible. I will still end up owning both consoles.

Hahaha actually Forza Motorsport 5 is the best looking racing game to date and that's straight fact. Maybe you just don't like racing games? I'll agree that Infamous looks amazing too.

To reply to the main topic I'd personally say wait it out for a while especially if you're only gonna buy one of the consoles for the long term. Right now each console only has maybe one or two exclusives worth playing that you can't get on PC so that's like possibly a week's worth of play after you buy it depending on how much time you spend with one game and then the console will just sit there and collect dust. I went ahead and bought both at launch just because I knew I would buy them eventually anyway but they've both been collecting dust for months. Now that I think about it I almost wish I would have just used the money to buy a new video card for my PC and waited till next year to buy either of the consoles but my PC is still holding up pretty well so I'll just continue saving for that video card.

I like all games just fine, and I'm not saying it didn't play well it was just visually terrible and honestly looked worse than Forza and Gran Turismo last gen. However like I said it was a gamestop display which is what I suppose is the culprit. I just find it hard to believe a display could butcher a game that terribly.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can't decide for you; look at the games, the price, the prospective, and decide for yourself.

sure we can

XBONER 4 LYVEZ

MOR LIKE PS B0RE

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a couple hundred dollars. Get one or don't. Unless you are a child or an adult hat effed up their life plan a few hundred dollars for something you are going to use for about a decade is nothing.

clapmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By clapmaster

@clapmaster said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

I like all games just fine, and I'm not saying it didn't play well it was just visually terrible and honestly looked worse than Forza and Gran Turismo last gen. However like I said it was a gamestop display which is what I suppose is the culprit. I just find it hard to believe a display could butcher a game that terribly.

It was definitely gamestop's screen. I love console sim racers, been playing Gran Turismo since 1997 and Forza since Forza 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 is easily visually the best racing sim I've ever played. Rendered at 1080p and running at 60fps. All the layers of paint on the cars including the clear coat are modeled in this game, that's something that's never been done before. Same thing with the tracks, they used layers of polygons to model everything out. You know how in past games in the series they went and laser scanned all of the cars inside and out, well this time they've done it with the tracks too so that they're crazy accurate to real life. Go drive Prague on a nice 1080p tv in any car and then come back and tell me that this game isn't stunning.

Wired_Abyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are really dying to play Xbox One exclusives, then go ahead, but if not then I'd recommend just sticking to PC.

Also as a WiiU owner, don't get a WiiU.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great system that gets better every month.

Pixelationist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, spend that cash on an Ouya, a Fire TV and a Shield instead, the holy trinity of current gen systems.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It was definitely gamestop's screen. I love console sim racers, been playing Gran Turismo since 1997 and Forza since Forza 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 is easily visually the best racing sim I've ever played. Rendered at 1080p and running at 60fps. All the layers of paint on the cars including the clear coat are modeled in this game, that's something that's never been done before. Same thing with the tracks, they used layers of polygons to model everything out. You know how in past games in the series they went and laser scanned all of the cars inside and out, well this time they've done it with the tracks too so that they're crazy accurate to real life. Go drive Prague on a nice 1080p tv in any car and then come back and tell me that this game isn't stunning.

This. Forza 5 looks phenomenal. It's very arguably the best-looking game on either console so far. And I, too, have been playing racing sims since the Gran Turismo days. There's not any other console racing game that looks remotely as good. FM5 has some issues (not as "fun" as it could be, too many microtransactions, et al.) but graphically, it's stellar. Man, @xalienxgreyx picked literally the worst example to try and trash the X1's visual capabilities over.

As for the OP, I'd definitely recommend the X1. It sounds like you're not the type to go apes*** if a game is 900p (neither am I). FWIW, though, the PS4 is the more powerful console, but it should be given that it's not devoting system resources to being the kind of "entertainment hub" that the X1 is. In other words, you should weigh the PS4's marginally improved graphics in some cases against the X1's voice control/snap/TV features. For me, it was no contest. I use all that stuff and love it, and the voice control (while a bit wonky and occasionally frustrating at launch) has come a LONG way in six months (as expected) and works pretty dang well these days.

This Fall, I'd imagine the price differences between the X1 and PS4 will probably be negligible. (Hell, one could argue it already is for the $450 w/Titanfall versions that have come out). If you can hold out until Black Friday, I'd bet you could likely score a $400 X1 e-special or some well-worth it $450 bundle w/Titanfall, a second controller and/or a free year of Live, etc. For some perspective, I'm not the least bit upset that I paid the full $500 at launch, but I'm not as cheap as some, provided the product is worth it. I didn't really have a problem with the X1's value then, despite the voice stuff still needing further development back at launch. At (likely) $100 cheaper this Fall with most of the bugs worked out plus a free game, I think you'd be getting a steal. JMO.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would agree with everyone and say wait for E3, but I feel like I have to mention that the Xbox One is larger, more expensive, comes with a peripheral that most people seem to dislike, and is numerically less powerful.

But you should be swayed by the games offered rather than something an asshole on the internet thinks.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your friends are on the XBone then that might be a reason to get one. If you care about games then get the PS4.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are willing to spend ~600 dollars on a console with very few games, I highly suggest you consider upgrading your video card instead, if you in fact already have an upgradable PC. So many games available. Plus my favorite benefit is that all of your existing games already look better without you having to buy the "Definitive edition" or "Remastered edition" or some other such nonsense.

DrPeatore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DrPeatore

If you already have a gaming PC I don't think I could suggest getting a current gen console unless you have a lot of disposable income and really care about exclusives.

At the very least I would wait until later in the year, or getting into next year. By then there might be a price cut and there would be an actual catalog of games worth playing hopefully. I don't think any of the consoles have any real, must have exclusive yet.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sdharrison

@shortbreadtom said:

I would agree with everyone and say wait for E3, but I feel like I have to mention that the Xbox One is larger, more expensive, comes with a peripheral that most people seem to dislike, and is numerically less powerful.

But you should be swayed by the games offered rather than something an asshole on the internet thinks.

This is fair. There is an element of consumer advocacy/protection that comes into play with the Xbox one. It is objectively a questionable investment unless you fall into a very specific demographic. And this narrative that it "has more games" is... Well, take a look at this:

No Caption Provided

http://i.imgur.com/gT5kpTb.png

That's a list of releases per month between both systems. It's... Eye opening. The Sony platform clearly looks like it's aiming to be a highly curated Steam, with the best multiplats and more first party studios. That's an interesting list.

PinkClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I got a xbox one when it was released on the midnight launch.

I can say that Ive enjoyed the console and I still am. The only faults I see to it is problems with the party chat and the mic. The mic breaks after a few months and party acts up a few times now and then.

Im happy with the price I paid and with the features that come with the xbox one * pretty freaking awesome if you ask me* with the whole switching apps whenever you want, watching TV then switching to your game on mid show or whatever. The controller is good..perfect for small hands like they said and its pretty smooth.

I wish they had indie games like on 360 but I guess they're not working on that right now.

I probably didn't help but I just gave my opinion c:

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By xyzygy

@pinkclip: Yeah, the indie games are definitely coming. 25 in just the first wave I think was the number.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask this question in about...47/48 days.

PinkClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: Oh seriously? Awesome..weird I didnt hear news about that. Any specific month on when

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@giffe: I like me some multimedia too. I got a Roku 3. It's a lot cheaper. The same media apps are on all consoles, but at a higher investment in hardware.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#86  Edited By Sergio

@toma2598: I'm personally waiting until after E3, even though I can afford it now. Just personal tastes and I don't see any Xbox One games I'm excited about. Base your decision on the games you want to play.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xyzygy said:

@pinkclip: Here's a list of the games. Not sure when they'll be released though, some are probably already out now.

Strike Suit Zero is the first of the indie games that are out now on XONE.

The developer that made Max: Curse of the Brotherhood, has recently unveiled Project Totem, which looks pretty damn awesome. Grave also seems pretty cool. Soda Drinker Pro?

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both too similar to not debate them, but I am a fanboy, so it makes the choice easy for me. My flatmate happens to also be a fanboy for the other console, and the choice is easy to him. Luckily, that means we both get to enjoy both of them.

I'm not too taken with anything I've seen on either console though. I didn't enjoy the first Infamous and this game seems just as shallow an experience from reviews. It looks really nice though but that's not really my jam.

If you're thinking of buying an 8th gen console in the fall, everything might change post E3 anyway. Scratch that. Will change.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#90  Edited By OneManX

I'm checking out that list and think, "Man Sony has some stuff.." then I see Titanfall... and to me, the PS4 doesnt have that crack addiction like Titanfall (also wanna toss in Killer Instinct as well) in terms, of one more match, one more game, and something I can play with friends. It was kinda the thing that swayed me toward the XOne. I will get a PS4 eventually, while it was games I want to play, it has nothing I want to play NOW (if that makes sense)

@sdharrison said:

@shortbreadtom said:

This is fair. There is an element of consumer advocacy/protection that comes into play with the Xbox one. It is objectively a questionable investment unless you fall into a very specific demographic. And this narrative that it "has more games" is... Well, take a look at this:

No Caption Provided

http://i.imgur.com/gT5kpTb.png

That's a list of releases per month between both systems. It's... Eye opening. The Sony platform clearly looks like it's aiming to be a highly curated Steam, with the best multiplats and more first party studios. That's an interesting list.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

You are not insane for considering buying an expensive electronic device.

You are insane for asking strangers on purchasing advice on an expensive electronic device.

Best comment ever.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@lnin0 said:

@extomar said:

You are not insane for considering buying an expensive electronic device.

You are insane for asking strangers on purchasing advice on an expensive electronic device.

Best comment ever.

It's actually not that insane to ask strangers of their opinions pertaining to a product they may own and have some insight into which could help you make a decision of your own.

What is unreasonable is to have anonymous strangers online make a decision for you.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

i just bought one this past friday. I picked the xbox one because i wrote down all the games i want to play for the rest of the year on a piece of paper and Xbox One came out ahead because it was the one with console exclusives i knew i'd want to play (Halo Master Chief Collection, and Forza Horizon 2). I can handle a few less lines of resolution on a consol and i can always play indie games on my PC. I picked up BF4, CoD Ghosts, Strider, and Dead Rising 3. Having a lot of fun with all of them. No regrets.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
    lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd say both consoles are on par now (when DX12 matures however I could see Xbox taking an advantage, but that's just a guess at the moment), however one of the most interesting things about the Xbox is the ever developing dashboard. They update this monthly at the moment to introduce new functionality.

If you look back to how Microsoft evolved the Xbox 360 dashboard from blades through the NXE to a more metro design you can see that they constantly evolve. The Xbox One is build on a app-centric platform which makes development even easier. And that was done on purpose.

Sony, well let's face facts, the UI on the PS3 doesn't look any different than it did from day 1 to me... And I've hated it since day 1 before anyone says it's great. I also personally don't expect them to change in that regard beyond the features they promised being added.

It's actually one of the exciting things about the Xbox One. It's a small thing compared to games and not something a lot of people think about but it is rather significant. They also set up a feedback forum so the community can vote for new features...the machine you see today will be very, VERY different a year from now.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

The numbers and power seem to be behind the PS4, though I just straight up prefer how Microsoft does things on it's console (literally everything from the design, features and how they handle... everything) so the choice was never really a choice for me. That and before release (and now even) the list of future games for each console that are exclusives are hitting me more directly on the Xbox One than anywhere else, I'm a sucker for Below and the Quantum Break game and a few others. The only thing I desire from Sony is the remastered Last of Us... kinda impossible for me to afford the system right now JUST for a slightly better looking version of a game that while masterful, isn't really a game I would play fully again in the near future. Lovely that by the time I do get a PS4 (maybe years from now) I can re-play last of us and know it looks/runs a bit better than it did at release. I bet by then though I will be wishing they re-mastered it then and not so soon hah, cause by then I bit the new version will look closer to the old than what games in the future will be like etc. Oh well :)

It does hurt my soul right now that it seems the vast majority of announced games seem to have the PS4 tag on them, even when the game itself doesn't really look that interesting to me it definitely is the running thing right now that it has that spark, people are releasing on the PS4 first and aiming their shots for that one first or sometimes exclusively. I do hope Microsoft gets more public with it's efforts to rangle games the way Sony is doing... there's some momentum in the PS4 right now and it would be lovely to see that include the Xbox One within the year.

Wolf3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toma2598: If there are enough exclusives you want, then get it. Otherwise PS4 versions of games will always be better as the GPU's got 50% more execution hardware and 100% more ROPS. Also Sony's always supported their systems much better.

But if there are Microsoft exclusives you really love, then it may be worth it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#97  Edited By monkeyking1969

Wait for Microsoft to finish all the rollbacks.

At last count they rolled back 90% of what they intended when they rolled-away making original tv programming. I think there is only be two more things to roll back, right? First they could rollback the system itself, because let's face it what is holding Xbox One back is itself. Then the ultimate rollback could be when Microsoft sends a T800 back to e3 2012 to punch Don Mattrick if the face. But REALISTICALLY speaking they couldn't do that until e3 2015, maybe have a 'live feed' through a worm hole into 2012 where the entire audience can watch in the past (err...future-past) how Don gets punched in the face. Then after it happens we all say, "Right...he did get punched in the face didn't he...!?"

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the Xbox one does at least have first party games this year so that is a very good thing, but I hate that systems interface and I am not the biggest fan of the controller compared to the ps4 one. You might as well get both and cover your gaming bases for the next 10 years or how ever long this gen goes on for.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#99  Edited By maddman60620

@theking said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

What?

Jackie Chan is also confused as to WHAT?!?!? you're talking about.......

Please tell Mr. Chan how Forza and Infamous are comparable in graphics & gameplay and how one is equal to and/or greater in that respected...

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.