Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Xbox One Preordered!

• 70 results
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Karkarov

@sergio: You have no idea. As a guy who works in sales you have no concept of how powerful the words "special price" are. I can offer you something for a price you could get anywhere any day, but if I throw "special price" in front of it people think they are getting a deal.

I hate giant bombs formatting by the way. I typed out a short paragraph on why the video below here made more sense than most peoples reasons for buying an Xbone but thanks to the fact that I tried to write it below the video I guess the site just decided to cut it off and leave it out. I guess we have something else to thank Vinny's Crotch for. Long story short, unless you straight up eat shit and puke Dead Rising or Ryse, or can't afford a decent PC and must have Titanfall there is no good reason to buy an Xbox One.

@razielcuts said:

Relevant -

Loading Video...

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By GaspoweR

@colourful_hippie said:

I'm about to step into 1440p, motherfuckers.

I edited it and I think you should have just left it at that. Makes it more ominous...motherfuckers.

Also to the OP, good on ya, sir. Just glad that there are people buying consoles really regardless of the reasons.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo said:

@razielcuts said:

@mariachimacabre: Ha, I know right? It's cute, its dumb and its funny. I don't even know what anime it is but I weirdly want to check out more.

It's called Azumanga Dioh. Brilliant anime, I highly recommend you check it out.

I've only been able to finish three anime series my entire life, and this is one of them. It's like 30 Rock and Parks and Rec had an animated, Japanese baby.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chiablo said:

@razielcuts said:

@mariachimacabre: Ha, I know right? It's cute, its dumb and its funny. I don't even know what anime it is but I weirdly want to check out more.

It's called Azumanga Dioh. Brilliant anime, I highly recommend you check it out.

I've only been able to finish three anime series my entire life, and this is one of them. It's like 30 Rock and Parks and Rec had an animated, Japanese baby.

Okay I just looked at that clip and now I am intrigued.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Jimbo

Is it true it comes with Pong installed because that's all it can run?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Yeah I put 50$ down on mine about 2 months ago, I'm very excited to play BF4 on it, it's so bad on the 360.

That said both systems seem pretty awesome to me and though I'd like it if the XB1 was the same power as the PS4 the games are what I come for along side a better online interface.

I look forward to the 'next gen' I'm also grabbing a Wii U on Friday with Windwaker in it and I got Super Mario bros U for 30$ at Costco, so the holiday is games!!

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theking said:

Wouldn't a PS4 and a copy of Fifa still be cheaper than the Xb1 and the free copy?

@sergio said:

@theking said:

Wouldn't a PS4 and a copy of Fifa still be cheaper than the Xb1 and the free copy?

It is. I think it's a psychological thing where people think they're actually getting a deal because the word "free" is involved.

All the people I know will be playing FIFA14 on the Xbox One. So pointless playing it on a PS4.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58  Edited By Killercombo

I still can't decide, I just sold my 360 off today as I never use it as now I play on PC 90% of the time and my rental account runs out soon but I can't decide between the two or both, right now the launch line up for Xbox One is better but I don't know if it would be, money wise worthwhile at launch: I think I just want to buy them to be part of a console launch, which I have not been a part of before and for obvious reasons might not be worthwhile (lack of games and Tech issues.)

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@vivek: Cool man, enjoy!

I can't bloody wait for Forza 5. I had no interest in the Xbox One before the policy changes they made, (I don't have an exhaustive friends list on either console so my choice of platform is purely a value proposition.) I think I put my preorder in the day they made their roll back announcement, couldn't be happier.

I'm just hoping I get one of those KI codes that have been going out to Live members. AC IV on PS4 on the 15th, then Forza and Killer Instinct on the 22nd sounds like a pretty damn fine November to me!

@syed117 said:
    • "A lot of people are just assholes."
    • "Sony fans being Sony fans."
    • "What Jim Sterling said years ago still holds up to this day. Sony fans are the worst. I'll take the dude bros and 12 year olds any day over these pieces of shit."
    • "Don't let these other animals get to you."

The only animals are the people that choose to believe where you play your games actually makes some kind of difference. Don't call the kettle black dude.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

@syed117 said:
    • "A lot of people are just assholes."
    • "Sony fans being Sony fans."
    • "What Jim Sterling said years ago still holds up to this day. Sony fans are the worst. I'll take the dude bros and 12 year olds any day over these pieces of shit."
    • "Don't let these other animals get to you."

The only animals are the people that choose to believe where you play your games actually makes some kind of difference. Don't call the kettle black dude.

We're all animals. Check your taxonomic classification, human.

knifeoframbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By knifeoframbo

What?! Ps4 rulez, have fun talking to your Xbone and waving your arms like an idiot! Jk congrats dude, I went ps4 but I can see why you'd want the console that has Titanfall and your friends playing on it. If the console was $100 less it would've been a much tougher choice for me.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By reisz
    jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By jgf

I get the argument that all friends buy X1, also Titanfall makes sense. But FIFA? FIFA is a multiplatform title, that comes on both consoles. PS4 + FIFA costs less then the X1 bundle and is probably the slightly better looking version. So thats not really a good reason. Seems a bit trollish.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By awesomeusername

@syed117 said:

You're getting an xbox one so you posted on the xbox one forum to hopefully interact with other people getting the same console. Not sure why half the responses are calling out the guy for making the thread and the other half Sony fans being Sony fans.

What Jim Sterling said years ago still holds up to this day. Sony fans are the worst. I'll take the dude bros and 12 year olds any day over these pieces of shit.

There's only 3 people that commented in a fanboyish way so I don't see how half of these people are "Sony fans" (They're called PS fanboys). Either way, Xbox fans are just as bad. Go to YouTube and look at comments. No side is worse then the other. They're all fucking idiots. The only difference is the PS fanboys are louder going into next gen because the awful press MS was getting since May. The people calling him out on making the thread call out every other thread like this because that's what Giantbomb is. A site full of sarcastic, albeit cool, assholes.

Anyway, I guess I'm what you'll call a "Sony fan" because I will always prefer PS products over Xbox simply because exclusives, exclusives, exclusives. I've played Halo and thought it was alright. Gears was more fun to watch on YouTube then actually play. I'm not a racing sim fan so Forza is crossed out, as is Gran Turismo & Driveclub. The only games I've ever wanted to play that are Xbox exclusives were Banjo, Alan Wake and now, if they turn out any good, Quantum Break, Titanfall, and Black Tusks new game. PS has the best first parties in my opinion. So yeah, I guess you can categorize me as a fanboy, don't really care, but I'm not a "piece of shit" as you claim all PS fans are. Also, if this gen has anything to say about next-gen, it's that Sony will pump out 5-6 first (& second) party exclusives a year for the next 7+ while Microsoft will pump out the same 3 things after year 4-5. But who knows, Microsoft has a billion invested in exclusives. Hopefully that lasts for the next 5 years and we don't get a repeat of Halo & Forza. I would say Gears also but I doubt Epic has any plans to revisit that for a long while.

In any case, I'm glad for OP. Next gen is looking amazing and I think the Xbox has lots of potential to rival Sony's exclusives with their new IP's. I was also jealous about the Kinect. Not for games, but for my sheer laziness. Walking into a room and saying "Xbox On, go to blablabla" is great. I can only hope the PS4 Camera is anywhere near as good since it's been confirmed to have voice functionality and be able to tell it to go to Netflix, Killzone, etc. Although the controller also does that if you have the headset connected. But my point is, I'd rather not grab the controller. Just come home and say "PS4 On, go to blablabla" without any problems. I can only hope it does that. I need to stop rambling. My true point is, I'm not a piece of shit and I think the Xbox One looks great. Just not for me at the moment.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By kishinfoulux

The closer the launch gets the more hype I get. Ryse is looking better and better each time I see it. I think a trio of that, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct is a pretty sweet lineup to pickup.

clientkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did you manage to get Day One preorder this late?

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MrJorOwe

@jgf said:

I get the argument that all friends buy X1, also Titanfall makes sense. But FIFA? FIFA is a multiplatform title, that comes on both consoles. PS4 + FIFA costs less then the X1 bundle and is probably the slightly better looking version. So thats not really a good reason. Seems a bit trollish.

He said his friends are getting the Xbox One and he wants to play FIFA with them, which is what that game is all about. What's not to get? Not everyone cares about games looking ever so slightly better if they have to play it alone.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By jgf

@mrjorowe said:

@jgf said:

He said his friends are getting the Xbox One and he wants to play FIFA with them, which is what that game is all about. What's not to get? Not everyone cares about games looking ever so slightly better if they have to play it alone.

As I said I fully get that what your friends get is very important. But he wrote he is getting the X1 + FIFA bundle and FIFA was the main reason. I'm probably a bit twitchy with all that fanboy nonsense going on. Maybe he meant playing FIFA with friends was the main reason which is totally understandable. Getting X1 solely because of FIFA is not, as PS4 is still the better deal then (500$ > 460$). Its like getting PS4 because of that "fancy" party chat or that "nice" headset it has.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not made a decision either way yet, but syed117 has me veering towards the PS4, so this thread has been useful on a personal level.

Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@vivek: cool! Welcome to the club!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.